Arkansas resort?

imstressed04

Original Poster
We live in northern Arkansas, and have been hearing rumors of Disney inquiring about land in our area. Anyone else heard any rumors like this? I don't want to get my hopes up, but HOW EXCITING!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
imstressed04 said:
We live in northern Arkansas, and have been hearing rumors of Disney inquiring about land in our area. Anyone else heard any rumors like this? I don't want to get my hopes up, but HOW EXCITING!!!

Don't get your hopes up...just ask your neighbors in Texas.

I'm up in the Panhandle of florida (Panama City area)... There's been rumors around here for years that Disney was going to buy a bunch of land.. I'd say don't even worry about it untill Disney says they've bought it! heheh

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Disney is the king of land speculation. If there were rumours of every parcel of land they own being turned into a resort/park... well, I'd already be bald

Tim G

mkt said:
Disney is the king of land speculation. If there were rumours of every parcel of land they own being turned into a resort/park... well, I'd already be bald
That'll happen anyway... :lol:

Dogpatch?

No, wait, let me guess, they're going to buy the old defunct Dogpatch USA in Harrison Arkansas right? This one?

http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/attractions/dogpatch.html

I live in Fort Smith, and while I wish this were true, I think Arkansas is a little too close to Branson, Mo and Silver Dollar City. Silver Dollar City even recently added a new mini-park called Celebration City which has Celebration Street, which looks a whole lot like at mini Main Street USA. It even has an Emporium, and night show that is an attempt at Fantasmic, but again in miniature. To give Disney props, its a mediocre copy of such as special place. I wish they would have worked on their own concepts more, because going there a year after going to WDW, it was not very impressive.

mkepcotmgmak

i live in texas, and i've heard these same rumors for 10 years... as a matter of fact, someone told me they are FOR SURE that disney is building a water park in texas... already bought the land and everything.... i said "don't hold your breath"

Magic

SorcererMickey said:
I'm up in the Panhandle of florida (Panama City area)... There's been rumors around here for years that Disney was going to buy a bunch of land.. I'd say don't even worry about it untill Disney says they've bought it! heheh

I grew up in the PC area and live in Tallahassee now. I think there is a good posibility of some kind of Park coming with the closure of Miracle Strip and the coming of the new internation airport. I think Dolly Parton is still interested in a park there. Would kinda fit the redneck riviera. :)

MKCP 1985

heh, the traffic around that Panama City miracle strip was the worst! Don't know how locals could endure it.

Don't discount the idea of Disney going to Arkansas. The way Wal Mart is taking over the world. . . it could buy the Disney Co. and put a Magic Kingdom in every city with lower prices! :) <--Wal Mart spy. :cool: <--another one undercover!

imstressed04

Original Poster
CommunicoreBabe said:
No, wait, let me guess, they're going to buy the old defunct Dogpatch USA in Harrison Arkansas right? This one?

http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/attractions/dogpatch.html

Actually, no. A relative works at Home Depot, and just yesterday alone, 2 contratctors came in talking about bidding on building for Disney. The rumor is log cabin condos in Mountain View. Some guy in that area said Disney inquired on 800 acres of his land. The relative that works for Home Depot knows the mayor of Mountain View, so he's gonna ask him. I guess we'll just have to see.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Even if Disney did purchase land, it does not mean it will be develped. Disney purchases land away from the WDW land so that it can develope the WDW land. Disney agreed to a stipulation that a certain amount of its land would be kept undeveloped in order to obtain the rights to govern itself, i.e. RCID. Disney has purchased land away from the WDW complex area to allow them to continue to expand in the WDW complex. Although, most tour leaders that we have asked state that the land is only 1/3 developed. WDW could double its size and still be within the agreement.

I believe you would see another park and two or three more resorts on the WDW property, and possibly a DL Brazil before you saw another park somewhere else in the continental US.

KaliSplash

Seems to me the only thing we're likely to see anywhere else in good ole USA is Disney Vacation Club properties, like Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach.

Rotel1026

Disney was supposed to start running tours to places like Yosemite and Hawaii, no? If so, maybe this is what this land would be for, for cabins for tours to Arkansas? Otherwise, there's been rumors of Disney buying land in Texas for much longer than 10 years. I remember when Sea World opened in San Diego and the local news station even mentioned that Disney was looking to buy land for a park in San Antonio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom