Arendelle, Motorboats, and Monorails

George Lucas on a Bench

n2tbt6y4j0l01.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As for Star Wars, only the original trilogy is worth a darn IMO, and Iger is going WAY overboard with Star Wars inclusion in the parks. I mean a freaking Star Wars HOTEL???? Jeez how stupid.

Why would Iger want to build the most immersive hotel experience ever that will bring in guests that would normally not go to a Disney theme park. Yeah you're right building a hotel themed to an over 42 Billion dollar franchise is stupid. :rolleyes:

https://www.statisticbrain.com/star-wars-total-franchise-revenue/

180º

I preferred the Chicken Little overlay.
Funny, the other day I did a Twitter search for “Splash Mountain” to find reports of it reopening after the refurbishment. Instead, I found a tweeter named “splash mountain queen” who posted the following. So either you were referencing the same giant DCA Chicken Little monster and I understood the obscure reference, or this is just a goofy quip that coincidentally has at least a tiny bit of basis in reality.

130895DD-5E1E-4D8F-A4BA-87505DD7DF38.jpeg

Phroobar

Funny, the other day I did a Twitter search for “Splash Mountain” to find reports of it reopening after the refurbishment. Instead, I found a tweeter named “splash mountain queen” who posted the following. So either you were referencing the same giant DCA Chicken Little monster and I understood the obscure reference, or this is just a goofy quip that coincidentally has at least a tiny bit of basis in reality.

View attachment 279440
It was a great bounce house.

Yert3

The message is problematic, basically saying racism made sense once upon a time because a certain group of people (or animals) were naturally designed to attack the others. The movie isn't terrible, but its got some real issues. Reminds me of a Dreamworks movie more than a Disney movie.
Whoa . To say you misinterpreted/and or missed the message would be a massive understatement.
I get what you're saying, but the thing is: Zootopia is not about our world. It's a what-if fantasy and should be approached that way because, as sci-fi or fantasy, it's really intriguing. WHAT IF intelligent life arose from dozens and dozens of species--predators and prey-- and now they're all trying very hard to share a world, and they all have their animal instincts and abilities intact? What unique social issues would they have to deal with if they were trying to live together?

The script makes sure to blend the species around as much as possible, making sure the police force is comprised of both predators and prey (so officers become victims of unfair judgement as much as regular citizens) and making the major "black" character (Chief Bogo) a prey animal so that there's no simple this=this analogy to our world. Taken this way, it's an incredibly fun premise.

It's the message at the end that counts: All animals are equal. They all come from different backgrounds and have different built-in skills, but they've created a haven called Zootopia where you are what you decide to do and everyone should have an equal chance. It's a goal to work toward.

It's not about humans. We don't have Zootopia's unique species-specific problems. It's a fantasy.

Now given all I just said....Truthfully, I'm still uneasy about the DMV scene, funny as it is. Why does the DMV employ only sloths? And how would I feel about this scene if I worked for the real-world DMV? For me, it's the one scene in the film that really goes against what the rest of the film is trying to say.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Shame so many misinterpret the movie as it’s Disneys best, well... ever in my opinion.

Yert3

Zootopia isn't even that good
Riiiiiight. A movie that has 98% critic and 92% audience rating on rotten tomatoes(also it was the highest rated move on the entire site for all of 2016. Including animation and live action), over a billion dollars box office, and winning every award (including Oscar) that year except the bafta isn’t good?

80E58657-8CFA-4A6E-A74F-35998BCC1181.png

Zootopia may have preformed well when it came out, but like most movies, it seems to have faded into relative obscurity at this point.

I don't think they sold hardly any merchandise from that film, so I would bet we won't be seeing any lands or rides based on it anytime soon.
Merch barley sold because there was barely any made. It was a huge controversy (and still is) in the fandom.

TROR

Riiiiiight. A movie that has 98% critic and 92% audience rating on rotten tomatoes(also it was the highest rated move on the entire site for all of 2016. Including animation and live action), over a billion dollars box office, and winning every award (including Oscar) that year except the bafta isn’t good?

View attachment 283433

Merch barley sold because there was barely any made. It was a huge controversy (and still is) in the fandom.
Ok but it's still not that good

Curious Constance

I saw Zootopia toys on the shelves, and then I saw them in the clearance bins. If there had been a demand for it, they would have made more. There wasn't so they didn't. And when I say there was no demand, I'm not talking about the slim slice of people in the 'fandom'. I'm talking about the general population.

You're obviously a big fan of the movie, which is fine. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be. The movie was fine. It was entertaining enough. I just didn't go crazy for it. I thought it was preachy and run of the mill. There really is no reason to argue over an opinion.

Yert3

I saw Zootopia toys on the shelves, and then I saw them in the clearance bins. If there had been a demand for it, they would have made more. There wasn't so they didn't. And when I say there was no demand, I'm not talking about the slim slice of people in the 'fandom'. I'm talking about the general population.

You're obviously a big fan of the movie, which is fine. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be. The movie was fine. It was entertaining enough. I just didn't go crazy for it. I thought it was preachy and run of the mill. There really is no reason to argue over an opinion.
A lot of people think there was so little merch because Disney got sued for stealing the movie from Gary Goldman (not Don Bluth’s friend. A different Gary Goldman. A bunch of crap.). And I agree with you about not having to be a fan of the movie. What I do have a problem with is people aren’t fans for a reason that doesn’t even exist like, when they say it “got racism wrong.” What? The movie isn’t a reflection of our world. It’s its own unique universe with its own world building. How can it get something wrong that it created specially for itself? It’s not a straightforward allegory.

It is it’s own world with its own rules. Sure we can take the lessons from the movie and apply it to our lives but it’s not 1 to 1 symbolism that people for some reason like to make it out to be. If you aren’t a fan of the movie for what it is, that’s conpletely fine. It’s the misinformation that I can’t stand.

Yert3

Because it feels like a really good Dreamworks movie and lacks the "magic" of a Disney movie. Truthfully, though, I don't think we've gotten a Disney movie like that sincr Winnie the Pooh (2011).
That’s fine, then. I can respect that opinion. At least you’re not one of the people hated It for misinterpreting the message. We’re cool.

Curious Constance

A lot of people think there was so little merch because Disney got sued for stealing the movie from Gary Goldman (not Don Bluth’s friend. A different Gary Goldman. A bunch of crap.). And I agree with you about not having to be a fan of the movie. What I do have a problem with is people aren’t fans for a reason that doesn’t even exist like, when they say it “got racism wrong.” What? The movie isn’t a reflection of our world. It’s its own unique universe with its own world building. How can it get something wrong that it created specially for itself? It’s not a straightforward allegory.

It is it’s own world with its own rules. Sure we can take the lessons from the movie and apply it to our lives but it’s not 1 to 1 symbolism that people for some reason like to make it out to be. If you aren’t a fan of the movie for what it is, that’s conpletely fine. It’s the misinformation that I can’t stand.
Oh, I have no doubt the movie was loaded with agenda that was very obviously supposed to relay directly to our world. That's the problem with movies nowadays. They are so desperate to push their views onto the world, they forget about telling an actual good story. And once you see it, you can't unsee it.

So a lot of things become less about, oh that was a fun way to spend two hours, and more about, I see what your agenda is.

It's not just movies. It's all over and slowly changing every aspect of my life. :cool:

Yert3

Oh, I have no doubt the movie was loaded with agenda that was very obviously supposed to relay directly to our world. That's the problem with movies nowadays. They are so desperate to push their views onto the world, they forget about telling an actual good story. And once you see it, you can't unsee it.

So a lot of things become less about, oh that was a fun way to spend two hours, and more about, I see what your agenda is.

It's not just movies. It's all over and slowly changing every aspect of my life. :cool:
Sure, buddy. The good folk at Disney sat down and pondered how to brainwash the population with their new movie./s You forgot to put on your tin foil hat this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom