Arendelle, Motorboats, and Monorails

TROR

Love that news for Tokyo. Peter Pan and Tangled are my two favorite Disney movies so I'm definitely biased, but the original plan was to just have a Frozen land. Basically the way I'm reading this is Disney realized Frozen isn't as hot as it was when it came out. I'm wondering if this means the Hong Kong and Paris Frozen lands will get a similar treatment.

Rich T

Love that news for Tokyo. Peter Pan and Tangled are my two favorite Disney movies so I'm definitely biased, but the original plan was to just have a Frozen land. Basically the way I'm reading this is Disney realized Frozen isn't as hot as it was when it came out. I'm wondering if this means the Hong Kong and Paris Frozen lands will get a similar treatment.
Peter Pan is one of my faves. I'm torn on Tangled because it contains my two least favorite Disney characters ever (Mime Thug and Dirty Old Man Thug) BUT it also has Maximus, who is the Best Thing Ever. I'd rather they'd build Wonderland over Tangled, but it still looks like a great, great addition.

SuddenStorm

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but does anyone remember the days where different resorts would get different versions of the same ride? Space Mountain in DL vs WDW, Pirates in DL vs WDW, Splash Mountain in DL vs WDW etc.- why the heck are they building a carbon copy of Star Wars Land 3 places throughout the world?

Kinda removes the individual flavor of each park, and takes away the need for people to visit more than one Disney resort.

lazyboy97o

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but does anyone remember the days where different resorts would get different versions of the same ride? Space Mountain in DL vs WDW, Pirates in DL vs WDW, Splash Mountain in DL vs WDW etc.- why the heck are they building a carbon copy of Star Wars Land 3 places throughout the world?

Kinda removes the individual flavor of each park, and takes away the need for people to visit more than one Disney resort.
It’s supposed to save money. Design it once, build it twice, until Anaheim wants this revised and Reedy Creek Improvement District wants that revised.

BrianLo

It seems like every resort is getting a different take on Arendelle though.

Unsurprisingly WDW has the worst, but don't tell them that.

SuddenStorm

It won't bomb, but I'm sure Disney is expecting it to do more than the first one did and there's no way that happens.

Waiting a decade plus to release a mediocre sequel and have it make tons of money seems to be the way to go. It worked with Finding Dory, and now the Incredibles.

So maybe Disney should just wait to release Frozen 2 until it becomes nostalgic.

(I can dream, right?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom