Arendelle, Motorboats, and Monorails

TROR

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 12.27.15 PM.png

Ismael Flores

The simplest change would be to just removed the center figure 8 portion of the monorail track.
They can leave the outer loop and just have to modify a minimal amount of track pieces.
Doing that would open up the air space over the motorboat lagoon area as well as over the north side of the submarine area.

Then a show room can be built against the submarine entrance cave for the main arrendale attraction. The back side of the building would be themed with more rockwork if they intend of saving the submarine.

If they are saving the autopia then they can go back to what the original tomorrowland autopia track area was. The original tomorrowland track was about 90 percent over the submarine showbuilding cradled on the Far East side of the property. The rest of the autopia that exist now was the fantasyland autopia whichcan then be removed.
A heavily landscaped barrier as well as arrendale village can be built along the east side so that it gave that land a buffer zone away from the remaining autopia.

That whole areawoukd basically expand fantasyland and give it another large backdrop similar to how IASW does now to the north side.

The monorail looping around it can stay. We already see it from fantasyland anyways.

Now if they really still plan on possibly bringing a clone of Tron coaster, the remaining Autopia can be themed to match that. They can even increase the theming by enclosing a portion and adding a Tron effect that children would enjoy. How about bringing back the speed tunnel. Just hide it behind the east side of arrendale where it wouldn’t be seen. The structure used to support more rockwork as backdrop

lazyboy97o

Portals can denote any transition the creator wants them to, its not isolated to your specific definition. A Portal by definition is an entryway into something else, that entryway can be small or grandiose.
Just because it could be done does not mean it makes any sense to put the giant marquee for a theater over the service entrance.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We don’t have a different idea of portal. It’s the amount of “something else” that is the issue.

You see a portal to denote contrast. I don't see it that way. I see it as a portal is any type of transition whether it be similar or contrasting.

Point is we aren't going to see eye-to-eye, and that is fine.

lazyboy97o

You see a portal to denote contrast. I don't see it that way. I see it as a portal is any type of transition whether it be similar or contrasting.

Point is we aren't going to see eye-to-eye, and that is fine.
It’s hard to see eye-to-eye when you keep contradicting yourself. You just said portals denote “something else.”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s hard to see eye-to-eye when you keep contradicting yourself. You just said portals denote “something else.”

The something else I was referring to was ANYTHING ELSE, it can be similar or different. It doesn't have to be a contrast as you indicate. So no I wasn't contradicting myself, you were just not understanding.

For example if I have a breakfast nook in my kitchen with an archway for decoration. I didn't leave the kitchen when I walk through the archway because its part of the kitchen, its not a separate room. The archway is technically a portal, albeit a decorative one. Its to give the mind a way to denote that you went from one area to another.

SuddenStorm

Just adding that @RandySavage recently created a plan of Disneyland that features Critter Country with a 7DMT/Big Grizzly Mountain-style roller coaster featuring The Country Bears. I think that would be a good fit.View attachment 278973

I like this because it involves getting rid of Pooh.

It amazes me the excuses I've heard for the lack of that ride's popularity "It's in the back corner, away from everything. People don't know it's there"

They really need to either thoroughly update the ride into something great, or get ride of it and put in something better.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just adding that @RandySavage recently created a plan of Disneyland that features Critter Country with a 7DMT/Big Grizzly Mountain-style roller coaster featuring The Country Bears. I think that would be a good fit.View attachment 278973
I like this because it involves getting rid of Pooh.

It amazes me the excuses I've heard for the lack of that ride's popularity "It's in the back corner, away from everything. People don't know it's there"

They really need to either thoroughly update the ride into something great, or get ride of it and put in something better.
Too bad it’s too similar to Big Thunder and wouldn’t really fit in that space unless it was very short.

I don't think it's entirely impossible, especially if it's a glorified version of the wild mouse coaster. $hapek wouldn't stand for it unless it advertises a popular IP.

Does anyone else consider it to be an eye opener that SWL construction takes up what seems to be a full quarter of the entire park?

1524162975074.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom