Area between POTC and Spalsh at MK

Hummer1676

Original Poster
I noticed some construction around the McDonalds fry wagon in frontier area and wondered if anyone new what it was for? It has been blocked off for a couple of months now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here`s the site on October 5th last year (Martin smiles that he can post a photo he took that is relevant to a current topic, but grimices as he realises it is an admission he took a photo over a construction wall of workmen and a hole in the ground)

Attachments

• IMG_2703small.jpg
    IMG_2703small.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 163

Craig & Lisa

Why is it taking so long to fix a water main:confused::shrug: And why did they make such a big hole to fix a water main?? Seems like there's more to this than just that.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Why is it taking so long to fix a water main:confused::shrug: And why did they make such a big hole to fix a water main?? Seems like there's more to this than just that.
Water mains are usually fairly deep below ground level... Fixing them is a fair bit of work.

Of course, they might just be that deep here because of winters... :lookaroun

:shrug:

Fun2BFree

Nah, they are just starting the foundation for Fire Mountain... :lookaroun

No, didn't you see my post? It's quite clearly the 5th gate, Fire Mountain Kingdom, with its premium guest experiences, Horizons revival, and monorail link to DHS. :lookaroun

Gorjus

They are building a new enhanced smoking area. Not only will you be able to smoke there, but there will be negative sensory reinforcement to help you quit smoking. You'll think you are enjoying your cigarette, however subliminally you are being given triggers that will progressively make smoking less and less of a desire for you.

For example, a giant bird dropping will fall out of the tree on the first puff.
An extra large splash from Splash Mountain will land on you after the second puff.
A kid with heelies will 'accidentally' bump into you on the third puff.

And all the while, a very realistic audio animatronic will be sitting next to you talking about how much they like the Haunted House ride; how they are taking the Jungle Cruise to the front of the park and leaving Disney in a few hours to go to Epcot and ride Fast Track; how they know people who work in the Castle in the super secret room housing Walt's head; and of course how they saved a ton of money by parking at Downtown Disney and taking Disney buses to MK and then will take the monorail to Universal tomorrow.

PeoplemoverTTA

An extra large splash from Splash Mountain will land on you after the second puff.

:ROFLOL:

The rest of it is hilarious too, but I thought these lines in particular were spot on in regards to this specific area. Too funny, Gorjus :lol:

Captain Chaos

No, didn't you see my post? It's quite clearly the 5th gate, Fire Mountain Kingdom, with its premium guest experiences, Horizons revival, and monorail link to DHS. :lookaroun

Will this also take guests to the new Lord of the Rings themed area??? I mean, since Disney does not have Harry Potter, I guess we can start the Lord of the Rings rumors....

Fun2BFree

Will this also take guests to the new Lord of the Rings themed area??? I mean, since Disney does not have Harry Potter, I guess we can start the Lord of the Rings rumors....

Yeah, they'll be mini-lands devoted to the Lord of the Rings, Stitch, Star Wars, Pixar, Narnia, Stitch, Chicken Little and Stitch. Not to forget Stitch's very own land. :lookaroun

eroyee

They are building a new enhanced smoking area. Not only will you be able to smoke there, but there will be negative sensory reinforcement to help you quit smoking. You'll think you are enjoying your cigarette, however subliminally you are being given triggers that will progressively make smoking less and less of a desire for you.

And all the while, a very realistic audio animatronic will be sitting next to you talking about how much they like the Haunted House ride; how they are taking the Jungle Cruise to the front of the park and leaving Disney in a few hours to go to Epcot and ride Fast Track; how they know people who work in the Castle in the super secret room housing Walt's head; and of course how they saved a ton of money by parking at Downtown Disney and taking Disney buses to MK and then will take the monorail to Universal tomorrow.
Dont forget the fourth puff: a wild stroller will smash into the back of your legs or run over your foot.........

Gorjus

Insert Sarcasm:

space mountain, you evil person. I've looked at your avatar and I can't believe you have the nerve to take a photograph backstage. You know you could be terminated for that.

End Sarcasm.

OT OT OT

One night, while back stage, I decided to try out the camera on my new phone so I took some photos of Wishes. The only thing being photographed were fireworks. A bus driver started lecturing me on the evils of taking photos backstage. To the best of my knowlege, the spirit of the law is that backstage areas are not to be photographed. Being backstage and taking a photo is not necessarily an issue. If all you can see is something you could see anytime, it isn't breaking the rules. One of my managers had his photo up as one of the "basics" photos in the entrance area of the tunnel. He snapped a photo of his photo hanging on the wall and he took it with his cell phone. A custodial cast member lectured him about it. No state secrets were in his photo.

Tim G

It looks like they're digging a huge hole in the earth...

Does that mean... (nah... couldn't be) or could it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom