Are you sick of it too?

imagineer boy

I loved the Lilo and Stitch movie, but I was crushed when my favourite ride, AE was being replaced by Stitch. As sad as I was to see it go, I hoped they'd atleast do a good job with it. I was wrong. SGE is easily the worst ride WDI has ever created with its lack of good story and countless plot holes that drag it down. And its really sad and annoying that they keep over hyping this lousy excuse for an attraction all over the place. Its just aweful.

dxwwf3

bsandersjr said:
You are basing the quality of an attraction by a video?

I think he can for this one. Maybe if more had been done to be different from AE (in a technical sense), it would be a different story. If you are very familiar with SGE and you've seen it over 10 times, I feel you can make a good judgement about AE from videos. Just as long as you know which one was created first :animwink:

bsandersjr

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
I think he can for this one. Maybe if more had been done to be different from AE (in a technical sense), it would be a different story. If you are very familiar with SGE and you've seen it over 10 times, I feel you can make a good judgement about AE from videos. Just as long as you know which one was created first :animwink:

True, true

Nicole

I think Stitch has more of a "love him or hate him" personality than any other Disney character I can think of. So those that love him feel like it's great to see more of their favorite character everywhere. Those that aren't Stitch fans (myself included) just get annoyed.

dxwwf3

Nicole said:
I think Stitch has more of a "love him or hate him" personality than any other Disney character I can think of. So those that love him feel like it's great to see more of their favorite character everywhere. Those that aren't Stitch fans (myself included) just get annoyed.

Agreed.

jacksnightmare

When I saw that Stitch as Steamboat Willie pin part of me died. Dont get me wrong I like Stitch but it just went to far with that pin. I also went on SGE and thought that it was better than people have made it out to be. I didnt think that is was awful, but still not as good as A:E.

kathyjacks

Im sorry but why should DISNEY characters not be used in disney parks? That makes no sense and also it might make you sick but you know what others think.I don't care for peter pan but I am not saying it makes me sick .There are alot of people who like stitch and that is why hes everywere .

dxwwf3

kathyjacks said:
I don't care for peter pan but I am not saying it makes me sick

I think you're missing the point. Comparing the use of Peter Pan to Stitch right now is entirely inaccurate.

Dragonrider1227

kathyjacks said:
Im sorry but why should DISNEY characters not be used in disney parks? That makes no sense and also it might make you sick but you know what others think.I don't care for peter pan but I am not saying it makes me sick .There are alot of people who like stitch and that is why hes everywere .
I don't think he's complaining that they use him. He's complaining that they OVER use him. Which is true. He shows up alot. Especially since you've got a bazillion other characters that could be used as well.

jchriscandy

I'm 12 years old and i thought the stitch movies were ok and the t.v. show. I hadn't been to Disney Scince i was 4. SO i never got to experiance A:E but i heard it was very good. When i got on stitch i was expecting something fun, exciting, and something with a plot that didn't change every 5 min. and when he burped chili dog i almost threw up. I was also very disappoited to wake up with a call from Stitch. I can not wait until he goes away for GOOD.

S.E.A.

this is funny, you all and moan about how Stitch is a horrible over-used character and is a blatant disrespect to everythng disney and you people don't respect the fact that people actually relate to and like stitch or the fact that he is the last marketable original disney character. and then when they bring in pixar characters you and moan about them too saying "why don't they use the cahracters they have?" Face it, Mickey and friends aren't just as marketable as they used to be to the younger crowds, Stitch is. And if i recall correctly, you were all this annoyed with Pooh not so long ago too. Well watch out, Nemo is the next over-saturated character to take over the comapny so you might as well hate Stitch while you still have silly reasons to do so.

kathyjacks

S.E.A. said:
this is funny, you all and moan about how Stitch is a horrible over-used character and is a blatant disrespect to everythng disney and you people don't respect the fact that people actually relate to and like stitch or the fact that he is the last marketable original disney character. and then when they bring in pixar characters you and moan about them too saying "why don't they use the cahracters they have?" Face it, Mickey and friends aren't just as marketable as they used to be to the younger crowds, Stitch is. And if i recall correctly, you were all this annoyed with Pooh not so long ago too. Well watch out, Nemo is the next over-saturated character to take over the comapny so you might as well hate Stitch while you still have silly reasons to do so.

LOL well said sea

JMelrose

Re: Steamboat Willie pin

For pete sake's people: If you're going to criticize, at least learn what you're criticizing about. A LARGE part of the marketing campaign for the first L/S movie, which continued into the pin line, was Stitch being inserted into famous Disney movie moments and subsequently messing them up. remember the ads where he was inserted into Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Beauty/Beast? There was a pin series which also put him into Hunchback, Lady/Tramp, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Fantasia. AND Steamboat Willie. There was another series which had him on 6-8 attractions throughout the parks, all four. My favorite promo poster was one which said, "There's one in every family..." and it had ALL the Disney animated characters gathered around, and staring in revulsion at, Stitch. He was intended to cross into the other Disney IP from the beginning, and I think it was a very clever way to introduce him and get to know his character a bit before the film even came out.

So let's stand down from DEFCON 1 here... it's not like they're trying to re-cast him as the new Mickey or something. I mean, in the Fantasia pin he's messing up Mickey's control of the brooms. Although, to be honest, the lines for the kids waiting to see him and Lilo at the meet-n-greets are equally long. The kids I work with at school at much more familiar with the Stitch cartoons than many of the classic, original Mickey and the gang cartoons (which is in part due to the Disney company not making them easy to find anymore, although the recent releases on iTunes are a step in the right direction there).

S.E.A.

I think the fact that you all keep hating on Stitch only endears him further to the populace. People love him because he is misunderstood and is not as clean and cutesy as the usual disney character. He is the bad boy of the bunch a classic disney character in the making.

I can't wait for all the Nemo hate once all the Stitch-rage simmers down.

Connor002

"It's a world of laughter, a world of cheer..." :lookaroun

People, I think it's time to calm down. (Now this is coming from a Stitch fan) Stitch is being over marketed, but at this point, can you really blame them? This is their first successful character in years, and they need it. Sure... they made a mistake, over-marketing could be a dangerous thing, but it will pass. Give the little guy a break, he'll be done soon enough.

DisJosh

bsandersjr said:
I am so sick of seeing Stitch everytime I turn around while on property.
I think it really got to me when I saw a certain pin. It was a black and white, steamboat stitch pin.:hurl: makes me sick.

At least you weren't there in January '05 when they had a giant inflatable Stitch over at the TTC. Not to mention the Stitch decals that were on ALL the monorails!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom