Are you sick of it too?

S.E.A.

DisJosh said:
At least you weren't there in January '05 when they had a giant inflatable Stitch over at the TTC. Not to mention the Stitch decals that were on ALL the monorails!!!!

to be fair, this was around the time SGE was just opening and it was the only new thing in WDW at the time, they had no choice but to over promote it.

MickeyTigg

Yeah....as a stockholder, I'm really sick of Disney marketing a figure that by sales seems very popular. I'd much rather have them attempt to market figures like Milo or Bianca....now, there's a goldmine.

:lookaroun

Fact of the matter is that they will keep up with the Stitch merchandise as long as they continue to sell. Once they stop selling...Disney will turn to something else.

Iakona

I like Stitch a lot. My son (8) gets a big kick out it when he hears Stitch in unexpected places. He took the pins for what they were; Stitch causing trouble. At WDW this year he bought a Stitch pin lanyard. On the Disney cruise for the Golden Mickey's no one was mentioning Stitch on the Red Carpet interviews so I had to take him out to the line so he could say Stitch and Mickey are his favorite characters.

He is over marketed for those that are monitoring the parks. For most visitors they'll see him on one visit, think he's cute (or not) and move on. Most people are not as informed or as dedicated as we are here so we tend to see things through a slightly more intense prism.

He'll run his course and someone else will become popular and we can then all complain about that character.

Halfling418

I love Stitch...but it would be cool if they put other characters in the spotlight sometimes too--like Kuzco! :kiss: But that's just wishful thinking.

S.E.A.

mousermerf said:
Don't you love when people post expecting others to join their rant then become upset when people have their own opinions that differ?

Ah.. the sweet smell of irony in the morning...

this just keeps ringing true. apparently people are tired of being tired of Stitch.

Debbie

bsandersjr said:
Maybe Stitch is not as popular as you may feel. Among adults at least.

It's almost like the 'lords' in management said "We're going to cram Stitch down their throats until they have no choice but to love him"
I felt the promotion of Stitch was a bit overboard, and I don't think I would feel that was if I would have seen Tigger, or Simba as much as I saw Stitch.

dxwwf3

Interesting timing from Jim Hill Media today.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1827

Here's the heart of the article

"I can tell you why Stitch is so prominently featured with the Fab Five on this year's merchandise for the Walt Disney World Resort. You see, back when the orders for most of these souvenirs were originally placed (Late 2004 / early 2005), Stitch was still thought of as a break-out character. One that the public just couldn't get enough of.

Well, what a difference a year makes. If you want a true sense of how far this little blue alien has fallen out from favor, head over to the Magic Kingdom sometime and check out the lines for "Stitch's Great Escape.

Or should I say "the lack of lines"? Even though this Tomorrowland attraction has officially been open for less than 15 months now, the current wait time for "Stitch's Great Escape" has already fallen (on average) to 10-15 minutes. Now contrast that to "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin." Even though that interactive "Toy Story" -themed dark ride opened 'way back in October of 1998, this attraction is still averaging 25 minute line waits.

Now keep in mind that this lack-of-line flies directly in the face of an on-going promotional campaign for this new Tomorrowland attraction. After all, every guest who uses the monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom still has to hear an on-board spiel that hypes "Stitch's Great Escape."

And yet all this extra effort has yet to translate into any extra bodies in SGE's queue. In fact, if what some Tomorrowland-based cast members have been telling me proves to be true, attendance levels for "Stitch's Great Escape" has already fallen below the numbers that "Alien Encounter" used to pull in. Meaning that the $25-30 million that WDI reportedly spent to turn AE into a more family-friendly attraction was basically a wash."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And this isn't rumors folks. Jim Hill is usually pretty spot on with his articles about things like this. And please, it's not like this is the first time we've heard any of this either.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
You cannot tell me that Nemo warrants more than one attraction and Stitch even one.

Well Finding Nemo did make about 3x more money at the box office than Lilo & Stitch.

The day Nemo annoyingly takes over the monorail, has props set up outside Downtown Disney, and takes over the resort wake up calls, is the day I'll become sick of Nemo too :)

bsandersjr

Original Poster
DisJosh said:
At least you weren't there in January '05 when they had a giant inflatable Stitch over at the TTC. Not to mention the Stitch decals that were on ALL the monorails!!!!

I was. I figured it would have faded out by now.

JimboJones123

You know who I REALLY HATE, Tinkerbell, I mean she hosts the Disney show with walt, and is in the middle of the frickin firworks, What a show hog?!?!?!?!

Now they are starting the new FAIRIES line with a potential new cartoon GEESH!

We get it, tink is cute --- ENOUGH ALL READY!

Where is Cleo, that fish rocks! I want Cleo Fireworks, and a new Cleo animated feature! Give that gill breather what she deserves!

mrtoad

Has he been removed from all the monorails? We rode in the front of one and my daughter noticed he was gone. The driver had not even noticed until she pointed it out, yet his voice was still on the announcement.

Legacy

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm sick of:
*Stitch
*Nemo

You cannot tell me that Nemo warrants more than one attraction and Stitch even one. Fads that they have forced upon us.
Add three...

*Paris Hilton
*Lindsey Lohan
*Chuck Norris

S.E.A.

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm sick of:
*Stitch
*Nemo

You cannot tell me that Nemo warrants more than one attraction and Stitch even one. Fads that they have forced upon us.

it's sad that all you people ever do nowadays is complain.

Nemo warrants more than one attraction because his movie is the highest grossing animted film connected to disney (the last time this happened was with the Lion King and it had attractions all over the parks). And Stitch warrants an attraction because he is the last popular original disney character who most normal people actually proudly like.(the last time this happened was with Pooh, and you all bitched and moaned about him too). Nemo is the new Lion King, Stitch is the new Pooh, Deal with it.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
S.E.A. said:
it's sad that all you people ever do nowadays is complain.

Nemo warrants more than one attraction because his movie is the highest grossing animted film connected to disney (the last time this happened was with the Lion King and it had attractions all over the parks). And Stitch warrants an attraction because he is the last popular original disney character who most normal people actually proudly like.(the last time this happened was with Pooh, and you all bitched and moaned about him too). Nemo is the new Lion King, Stitch is the new Pooh, Deal with it.

Yeah, we get your opinion, you don't need to keep typing the same thing.

imagineer boy

dxwwf3 said:
And yet all this extra effort has yet to translate into any extra bodies in SGE's queue. In fact, if what some Tomorrowland-based cast members have been telling me proves to be true, attendance levels for "Stitch's Great Escape" has already fallen below the numbers that "Alien Encounter" used to pull in. Meaning that the $25-30 million that WDI reportedly spent to turn AE into a more family-friendly attraction was basically a wash."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! Talk about Irony. I saw it comming though. From the moment I read the first Stitch rumor four years ago, even I knew back then that it had disaster written all over it.

When i was at the parks last week it seemed like stitch was everywhere. On the monorail which i really think is a bad idea. Then the ride which i had never been on before so i went on :hurl: . Bring back Alien Encounter please just get rid of stitch. He is past his prime and not it is time to let go of him as a new ad campain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom