Are you sick of it too?

Mecha Figment

I absolutly love the stich pins, where he is intruding in other disney stories. I like the steamboat willie one and i own the one where he has stolen Yensids hat from mickey. But i want to get the one where he is eating the spaggetti and lady and tramp are looking on with horid faces.

S.E.A.

bsandersjr said:
Yeah, we get your opinion, you don't need to keep typing the same thing.

I just want the haters to understand that disney didn't really have a choice especially since at the time, disney was basically just one big marketing machine.

Connor002

disneykid23 said:
Bring back Alien Encounter please just get rid of stitch. He is past his prime and not it is time to let go of him as a new ad campain.

Yes, because we all know how much sense it is to spend who-knows-how-many-millions to bring back an attraction that was closed and modified for a reason. Unless the suits in WDI and TWDC simultaneously loose their minds, it's not going to happen.

dxwwf3

Connor002 said:
Yes, because we all know how much sense it is to spend who-knows-how-many-millions to bring back an attraction that was closed and modified for a reason.

It would make no sense. Would be be nice? Yeah. But it's not reasonable.

CThaddeus

And then there's all that Mickey Mouse stuff everywhere. Mickey gloves, Mickey's Philharmagic, Camp Minnie-Mickey, that Fantasia scene in the Great Movie Ride, all those hidden Mickeys...where will it all end???

LSUxStitch

disneykid23 said:
When i was at the parks last week it seemed like stitch was everywhere. On the monorail which i really think is a bad idea. Then the ride which i had never been on before so i went on :hurl: . Bring back Alien Encounter please just get rid of stitch. He is past his prime and not it is time to let go of him as a new ad campain.

This, coming from the kid that wants to update HM (one of Disney's oldest attractions) because it is boring.

He will soon become part of the Fab5 and make it Fab6, and VICTORY WILL BE MINE :D err....his :lookaroun .

In response to the person that said "do you hear the Yeti making wake up calls and on the monorail":::: Duh, he can't speak English, and I'm sure you all would be complaining if there was a Yeti Roar to get the kids on every monorail screaming for their lives.

I say, it will all end soon enough, until the next big ride comes along with a character. COUGH...Nemo

bsandersjr

Original Poster
CThaddeus said:
And then there's all that Mickey Mouse stuff everywhere. Mickey gloves, Mickey's Philharmagic, Camp Minnie-Mickey, that Fantasia scene in the Great Movie Ride, all those hidden Mickeys...where will it all end???

Yeah, great comparison. :veryconfu

Remember, it was all started by a MOUSE

Timmay

I am outraged Disney would flood the market with stuff that people buy like crazy.

We just arrived home form 7 days at WDW and people were buying Stitch stuff left and right...makes no sense to me to keep any of those things in stock, or to have his face everywhere...obviously nobody likes the little blue guy, huh. :brick: :rolleyes:

S.E.A.

bsandersjr said:
Yeah, great comparison. :veryconfu

Remember, it was all started by a MOUSE

Sarcasm = Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, a situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous manner and sometimes expressed through particular vocal intonations. Sarcasm is often expressed in ironical statements. It can sometimes be the sincerest form of discourse for the emotionally fragile. This is often done by simply over-emphasizing the actual statement, or particular words of it.

MY_NAME_STITCH

SleepingBindy said:
:king: STITCH RULES OK:king:

I love the little fella :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I agree. :sohappy:

Can we all be grown ups about the issue, and simply agree to disagree about the merits of Stitch. I love the little guy, but I'm also mature enough to know that my tastes are not for everybody. Also, the fact that he has been merchandised to death only speaks to the fact that he is selling. Let's face it, corporations don't put money into losing ventures. Disney has obviously made money on the character or he would have been toast by now. Americans are fickle consumers. This too shall pass.....:eek:

JimboJones123

MY_NAME_STITCH said:
I agree. :sohappy:

Can we all be grown ups about the issue, and simply agree to disagree about the merits of Stitch. I love the little guy, but I'm also mature enough to know that my tastes are not for everybody. Also, the fact that he has been merchandised to death only speaks to the fact that he is selling. Let's face it, corporations don't put money into losing ventures. Disney has obviously made money on the character or he would have been toast by now. Americans are fickle consumers. This too shall pass.....:eek:

besides, they have been waiting a LONG time for a character like this that is marketable -- let um enjoy it.

MY_NAME_STITCH

A point to ponder......

If you really think about this subject, who does Stitch really appeal to?? He was not necessarily created to appeal to the Disney afficianado like all in here. He was created to bring in a new generation of Disney fanatics. Think about the future of Disney without new generations of fanatics...

I compare this discussion to music, and how certain generations are defined by certain genre. If you really think about it, weren't your parents always yelling at you to turn down your music because it sounded like noise?? The same holds true for Stitch. He's the new genre (albeit experimental in nature) of Disney character. Like it or not, there will probably be more of his type of character than the more traditional ones. It's up to us to focus on the things that bind us together (Disney fanatics) as opposed to the thiings that make us different (Fans of a given character). :sohappy:

SirGoofy

While I was there last year, the Stitch craze was in full swing. The little guy was everywhere, and I delt with it. That is until I experienced SGE. WOW! I went in thinking that it couldn't be as bad as everyone said it was, but wow. It is seriously the biggest waste of time on property. My 7 year old cousin said it was horrible, and he was the most excited person about the show. After that, I hated seeing all the Stitch stuff. They were wasting their time marketing the second worst attraction to come out of WDI(Superstar Limo holds the number one spot). It's a shame, too. That AA is the best I've seen.

The good news is that I think the blue fever is cooling down.

dxwwf3

SirGoofy said:
Superstar Limo holds the number one spot

If I ever got the chance to go to DCA when SL was open, I guarantee it would have been one of my favorite rides there. I crack up watching the videos. I think it was corny on purpose and that's part of what drives the humor home for me. Everything seemed to be designed the way everyone looks at California and the over the topness of it all.

I know surely someone else had to have liked Superstar Limo............anyone :lookaroun

SirGoofy

LSUxStitch said:
Stitch Merch > Grumpy Merch

If you want to talk about over-using, it would be grumpy.

While I'll agree that Grumpy is a bit overused, he doesn't have a horrible attarction that they marketed to be the next big thing, which turned out to be horrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom