Are you sick of it too?

LSUxStitch

SirGoofy said:
While I'll agree that Grumpy is a bit overused, he doesn't have a horrible attarction that they marketed to be the next big thing, which turned out to be horrible.

This is a quote from the original topic

I am so sick of seeing Stitch everytime I turn around while on property.
I think it really got to me when I saw a certain pin. It was a black and white, steamboat stitch pin.:hurl: makes me sick.

The thread has to do about seeing him everywhere, not about the ride. Grumpy a "bit" overused? He is on as much merch as Stitch.

Please spare me on, " But Grumpy is an original character and a seven dwarf"<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

dxwwf3

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you hate the character, you'll notice the overkill alot more and if you love the character, you won't think anything of it.

Most of us Stitch haters are probably making it out to be worse than it really is/was, but I also think that the Stitch lovers are failing to see that Stitch promotions in the past 2 or 3 years have been much more widespread property wide than Pooh or anyone else ever dreaming of being.

It goes both ways.

Halfling418

I love Stitch, and Grumpy is my favorite dwarf. Not because of the merchandise or a ride/attraction, but because of the films. Both very dynamic characters. I watch Disney movies, both classic and newer, frequently, and have countless books on the subject--so I have a high respect for good character design.

That being said, the marketing love should be spread to other great characters as well.

The origional essence and personality of an over-marketed character can become deminished after awhile, I think. Haha, but that won't stop me from buying a good product...right now, there's a Stitch plush on my desk, a Pooh bubble-blower nearby, and a fabulous Tinkerbell tote hanging from my desk chair. :D (BUT I have a wide variety of Disney stuff in my possession...not all one well-known character.)

CThaddeus

dxwwf3 said:
If I ever got the chance to go to DCA when SL was open, I guarantee it would have been one of my favorite rides there. I crack up watching the videos. I think it was corny on purpose and that's part of what drives the humor home for me. Everything seemed to be designed the way everyone looks at California and the over the topness of it all.

I know surely someone else had to have liked Superstar Limo............anyone :lookaroun

Finally, someone else gets it! This was one of the few really great original attractions of California Adventure. That no one either got the joke - or liked the joke - really is too bad. I went on it pretty much every time I went in the Park, which, since I live just down the freeway from it, was almost weekly.
Frankly, if someone is going to pick the worst attraction ever designed by WDI, I would have to give that to Tiki Room: Under New Management. Never has such a wonderful attraction been ruined so completely.
Again, based on the videos I saw of Stitch's Great Escape! (and they were pretty high quality) I would still not rate it bad...not like I would with Under New Management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom