Are you planning on staying at the Star Wars resort?

Are you planning on staying at the Star Wars hotel?

• Definitely

Votes: 56 19.0%
  • Maybe, depends on how expensive

Votes: 109 36.9%
  • Probably not

Votes: 76 25.8%
  • No way, not looking for something so immersive

Votes: 54 18.3%

• Total voters

celluloid

I think some guests are going to find out how always being "on" can be tiring after a long day at the parks or not and there is going to need to be some serious balance of relaxation and downtime in a room that is primarily comfortable. Particularly ones that are designed with no outdoor windows as rumors have suggested.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think some guests are going to find out how always being "on" can be tiring after a long day at the parks or not and there is going to need to be some serious balance of relaxation and downtime in a room that is primarily comfortable. Particularly ones that are designed with no outdoor windows as rumors have suggested.

You can always go to the privacy of your room and read a Star Wars novel.

celluloid

You can always go to the privacy of your room and read a Star Wars novel.

That would just make many Star Wars fans angry wouldn't it? The Solo series are apparently no longer "canon" from Disney. (which is always silly to give a production company power over what you enjoy as if the others can no longer exist) And if someone would do that, I imagine the same book could be read in any offsite hotel without a parking fee a night. Sorry, Docking fees are going to be 40 bucks a night as spaceships are large and a premium.

Rumrunner

Original Star Wars captured and thrilled a generation that is now aging. Will the new generations have the same devotion and infatuation with Star Wars? I believe the jury is out on that. It would be a totally different type of experience than the traditional Disney.

winstongator

Original Poster
That would just make many Star Wars fans angry wouldn't it? The Solo series are apparently no longer "canon" from Disney. (which is always silly to give a production company power over what you enjoy as if the others can no longer exist) And if someone would do that, I imagine the same book could be read in any offsite hotel without a parking fee a night. Sorry, Docking fees are going to be 40 bucks a night as spaceships are large and a premium.
I'm starting the Thrawn trilogy, which I'm guessing is non-canon, as Leia is pregnant with twins.

winstongator

Original Poster
Quite non-canon now, but it is a very good series.

If you want the canon series that is close to that time frame, It is called the Aftermath Trilogy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Aftermath_Trilogy
I just finished Thrawn (canon?) and wanted to dive deeper into that character. I'll probably hit the Aftermath Trilogy after that. I read Thrawn in about 1/10th the time it took me to read Gentleman in Moscow. Hoping to keep that SW book pace up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just finished Thrawn (canon?) and wanted to dive deeper into that character. I'll probably hit the Aftermath Trilogy after that. I read Thrawn in about 1/10th the time it took me to read Gentleman in Moscow. Hoping to keep that SW book pace up.
That novel is canon as is the one after it Thrawn: Alliances due out at the end of July.

Thrawn is also in the last couple of seasons of the Rebels TV show, which is also canon

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

mf1972

i doubt this would happen, but it would be nice & kind of cool if they also built a value star wars themed resort. include family suites as well.
i wouldn’t mind walking around seeing huge statues of SW characters just like one would see giant statues at other value resorts.
to me, it sounds like a more affordable option for families. just my 2 cents.

Phonedave

Let's see

- I like Star Wars, but I really have no desire to LARP it, or for that matter pretend I am in the universe.

- My wife would hate it (but would stay there if I really wanted to)

- It is most likely going to be $$$$$$

- I think I would regret paying cash instead of using DVC points.

All of that combined sort of puts it in the no category.

Paper straw fan

It will likely be a "someday" when the initial surge dies down, bugs are worked out, and doesnt eat up all of your DVC points and/or budget for a trip. Even then we are talking probably 2 nights, and for once I'm probably spending more time there than I ever do at the other WDW resorts, and less time at the parks

Jack Wolfe

I could take it or leave it, but my wife is surprisingly excited about staying there. Never in a million years would I have guessed she would turn into a bigger nerd than me.

Legendary

We would stay based on price and do a split stay. Since it’s supposed to be completely immersive we would treat it as an experience rather than a resort stay. That would mean staying at the resort rather than going to the parks open to close like we normally do. This means 2 days max, preferably 1 if there’s no minimum stay. Our main reason for visiting is the parks and I can’t imagine being completely immersive for a whole stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom