Are you planning on staying at the Star Wars resort?

Are you planning on staying at the Star Wars hotel?

• Definitely

Votes: 56 19.0%
  • Maybe, depends on how expensive

Votes: 109 36.9%
  • Probably not

Votes: 76 25.8%
  • No way, not looking for something so immersive

Votes: 54 18.3%

• Total voters

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

For me, it depends on if it will be a DVC resort. Would love to stay here! We've finally started to venture from AK Lodge, so I am very excited to even visit this resort
I'm a DVC member too and when I'm not at BLT I feel really out of place because I love being able to walk straight to the MK in just minutes. I would probably use some points just to stay there for a day or two to get the experience but I can't see spending that many nights away from the MK resorts. I hate dealing with the buses these days and I'd imagine the SW resort will be completely packed at all times. If they had made this a DVC resort... OH THE HUMANITY! It would have been the first time people ever camped outside the DVC hq to buy points. LOL!

righttrack

Definitely a must-do, at least once. I won't do it without reading the reviews and assessing the price, however. Immersion into the SW universe is one of my life's dreams

Astro_Digital

They want what $450 over for a Premium Hotel ?
You think this place would be cheaper ?

I will never stay at the place because I can never afford it.
Also Star Wars is extremely bad Science Fiction "The Jedi, sounds in space battles, light-saber are all fantasy".

FettFan

No. I might walk through it just to see what the hubbub is all about, but the thought of staying overnight in a hotel where instead of windows and natural light you have the soft blue glow of electronic screens showing space scenes sounds like a special level of Hell.

And it's also the reason I probably won't ever be dining at the Mission Space Restaurant.

StarshipDisney

I would love to try it just once based on price. I have paid $1000/night for Club Level at the Contemporary before so I think this may be well over that. So we will see.

As mentioned by others I would treat it as an experience vice a hotel stay. Maybe 2 nights. No way I am staying there to visit the Magic Kingdom.

CP_alum08

I said probably not. I imagine it will be incredibly hard to get a room and incredibly expensive for the first, oh, 5 years of its existence probably. But will I go explore the lobby, grounds, and eat at the restaurant? Absolutely!

winstongator

Original Poster
The wife and I experienced The Void back in July and had a blast. That being said, I’d like to experience the new hotel just once, to totally nerd out and call it a day.
I don’t see it being a repeat experience at the cost I heard.

No. I might walk through it just to see what the hubbub is all about, but the thought of staying overnight in a hotel where instead of windows and natural light you have the soft blue glow of electronic screens showing space scenes sounds like a special level of Hell.

And it's also the reason I probably won't ever be dining at the Mission Space Restaurant.
That’s what outer space looks like. That Japanese billionaire is paying a lot to see that for real. I thought of it like an interior room on a cruise ship.

nickys

Premium Member
I said probably not. I imagine it will be incredibly hard to get a room and incredibly expensive for the first, oh, 5 years of its existence probably. But will I go explore the lobby, grounds, and eat at the restaurant? Absolutely!

You almost certainly won’t be able to. This is an “immersive experience”. A fixed duration and only guests allowed in. All available information points to this being a resort that will be off limits to passing non-resident guests.

FettFan

I don’t see it being a repeat experience at the cost I heard.

That’s what outer space looks like. That Japanese billionaire is paying a lot to see that for real. I thought of it like an interior room on a cruise ship.

Well you know what they say about fools and their money. As for me, I'll keep my feet on Terra Bonum with green spaces and natural light.

Also....the comparison to a cruise ship makes me want to stay there even less. Nothing worse than being surrounded by seawater and a distinct loss of agency. I wouldn't just go nuts, I'd go Willem Dafoe Nuts.
latest

Which is the worst kind of nuts.

winstongator

Original Poster
Well you know what they say about fools and their money. As for me, I'll keep my feet on Terra Bonum with green spaces and natural light.

Also....the comparison to a cruise ship makes me want to stay there even less. Nothing worse than being surrounded by seawater and a distinct loss of agency. I wouldn't just go nuts, I'd go Willem Dafoe Nuts.
latest

Which is the worst kind of nuts.
A while ago, I asked my dad what his dream was. He said to go into space. I was floored. I never knew that, or that he would even consider something like that. He doesn't like coasters, so it's not the excitement of getting there, but just being there. I think those early missions resonated with him as a kid. Price isn't in his range, and the SW hotel might not either, but it would be in mine, and if that's the closest I can get him to space, I'll go for it.

People love cruises. I loved ours. Kids didn't enjoy the rocking the first night, but some dramamine and magic bands fixed that. Now being in a sub, below water? Not for me, at least today. I did love hunt for red october though.

Willem Dafoe is one of my favorite actors.

dieboy

Hard pass. While it will most likely be amazing, I'm just not that into Star Wars.

Since its such kind of a closed deal, does anyone think that people who are not staying will be able to eat there? Either quick service or table?

The Empress Lilly

No chance. And it has nothing to do with the cost. I just can't imagine playing dress up and LARPing for days on end. No offense to anyone who likes those things. Different strokes for different folks as it were.
I am leaning a bit to this too. I'm a massive SW fan. But I don't necessarily need CM's to read my magicband and refer to me by my roleplaying name.

Then again, currently I pay a few hundred dollars a day then roleplay I am at world class resort. So I might as well throw in a few hundred more and up the make pretend a bit more. Not that much bigger of a leap.

Smiley/OCD

Considering I have NEVER seen a SW movie from start to finish other than bits & pieces of the first three that were released, I'd say NO.

polynesiangirl

So, I am a huge nerd and I love Star Wars. A LOT. So does my family. That said, I'm...not super into the whole LARP aspect of this. I need more details (e.g. what's all involved in staying there, what the price per night will be, do I HAVE to be into the whole role-playing thing or can I just be a dork who wants to stay in a nerd-themed hotel room, etc) before I can say we are an absolute definite yes. I'm not NOT interested, and it's more likely than not that I'll end up shelling out for this place eventually.

No, I’m convinced that the “Interactive” elements will be phased out quickly as I think A) Disney will cut the actors on the next economic downtown and B) The populace that will be able to afford this hotel when it opens are the type of people that wouldn’t be caught dead in public in a Jedi costume.

And that also goes for Galaxys Edge....I’m predicting it will be a failure (based on expectations anyway)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom