Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

Mark Dunne

More $$$$ is the big difference.
$60 a day for a family of 4.......10 days =$600.
That really sucks, to use a system that was free for decades.
Not to mention the extra holds that WDW will be using for extra paid line jumpers, further reducing capacity for non-payers.
Damn, I thought Iger was bad.
This will drive a divide between the middle class and very wealthy, something Disney should not get involved in, how about the one that states that if you stay at a luxury resort you get to stay 2 hrs after park closes for a couple of nights a week, that's crazy , again feeding the super rich, no way could my wife and i afford to stay at those hotels, it would be nice if they gave a special discount to people that have lost someone through this pandemic ( Americans ) they need to give something back to the people, cos without the people they wouldn't be where they are now, walt would know that, this new lot, not a chance, nice reply👍

Uncle Scrooge

As a Brit intending to visit with my family in 2023 (4 of us) I will most likely have to resort to using for one day at each park to ensure we are able to cover every ride/attraction during our visit. It pains me to have to pay extra on top of travelling from the UK, buying 14 or 21 day tickets (if available again when I come), paying for parking on a daily basis, food and snacks inside the parks and now this additional daily cost.

For any family on a budget the likelihood will be that either total days booked per visit will reduce or merchandise purchases per visit will reduce. You can't maintain all revenue streams whilst adding extra cost. However at the same time I'm sure there's plenty more customers waiting and willing to pay these fees for the experience and that's all that matters to Disney.

Until attendance and/or revenues take a significant nosedive greed will continue to drive what happens within the parks. Such a shame that the business model moves further and further from Walt's vision each year!

Muffinpants

Original Poster
This will drive a divide between the middle class and very wealthy, something Disney should not get involved in, how about the one that states that if you stay at a luxury resort you get to stay 2 hrs after park closes for a couple of nights a week, that's crazy , again feeding the super rich, no way could my wife and i afford to stay at those hotels, it would be nice if they gave a special discount to people that have lost someone through this pandemic ( Americans ) they need to give something back to the people, cos without the people they wouldn't be where they are now, walt would know that, this new lot, not a chance, nice reply👍
I booked dolphin for 290 a night for June. Which was overall a 200$ increase from pofq. And we get the deluxe nights. Also this oct I rented posts that worked out to be 210 a night for AKL Jambo and that's cheaper than value right now. But I can agree the payed fp and extra payed rides is just a flat no tricks or tips increase.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Where's the maybe? At this point too many variables to consider before a definitive answer. i.e which attractions included, pay/ride price, system reliability, actual wait times once implemented.
Exactly.

disney hasn’t revealed annual pass prices yet…so I don’t even have a way of knowing what I’m paying…for instance.

Stellajack

I rode Rise in March 2020 and found it to be awesome. However, if the script is not changed to offer a different experience (and I don't see that as being feasible), why would I pay to ride again? The surprise and wow factors are gone. Even though RnRC is always the same, the thrill is different each time. Even ToT changes up so that you never know what you are going to get. I would consider doing the standby line for Rise, but no $$.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I rode Rise in March 2020 and found it to be awesome. However, if the script is not changed to offer a different experience (and I don't see that as being feasible), why would I pay to ride again? The surprise and wow factors are gone. Even though RnRC is always the same, the thrill is different each time. Even ToT changes up so that you never know what you are going to get. I would consider doing the standby line for Rise, but no $$.
Excellent summary.

it’s not a “thrill ride”…which people repeatedly ride for the physical forces.

its a dark ride/simulator hybrid.

now…if the theme of a dark ride is endearing…like haunted mansion…that’s the draw.

what did they base this one on? It’s why the “attack of clones: live on stage” idea was dismissed years ago.

Bob says IP is all that matters…it will be proven here.

Disstevefan1

It’s gonna be so long before I set foot in a park so will be able to see how it works.

Who knows it may go through some iterations before I get there.

If there are problems WDW will be quick to change things, you can be sure of that.

I completely missed the NBA experience, never got to set foot in it just to see what it was about and then turn around and leave.

Last edited:

NickMaio

Sadly so......they want only the super rich.
Look at what they did with Downtown Disney. All the new stores are high end products.
This really tops it off.
I never saw the value for a so called Delux resort. Two beds and a TV......every hotel has this. Sure the theming is nice but the price....Cmon now.
Magic hours for only Delux is a total greedy move along with Genie plus...LL.

We definitely don't like this direction the Dis comp is going.
Just because others do it does not mean WDW needs to. They were always different, that is a big part of why WDW was special.
All these pay add on's are getting crazy. Just crazy.

Pepper's Ghost

Hearing this has made me realize I won't be going back to WDW for a long, long..... LOOOOOOONG time. It's not because I can't afford it. I can. It's the absolutely ridiculous greed. I'd have been happy if they made it $100 per ticket per day, all in. People who can afford it get it, but most folks aren't going to. I'd have purchased it at that cost. Because they made it "affordable".... "I mean, it's only $15 per day!!!!"... they've now made it impossible to enjoy the parks without it, and basically just increased prices across the board by umpteen percent, not to mention charging extra you for any "good ride" you want to go on.

My opinion in three words... "EFF YOU DISNEY!"

Disstevefan1

Agreed. For all TWDC talk and actions about diversity and inclusion; creating the fifth key, changing the attractions to make them feel more inclusive, this is really for one reason, and one reason only. The shareaholder.

TWDC does not care about diversity or inclusion and this “pay to play” Genie program shows it. The Genie program only serves one entity, the shareholder.

TWDC welcomes all race, creed, color to its parks as long as you have the money..

Last edited:

Muffinpants

Original Poster
It sucks but micro transactions really do make company's ALOT of money. I am rather surprised there arnt more. The onyl difference is most things with micro transactions are free than these tacked on.. would have been nice to feel a discount or something with it

John park hopper

Agreed. For all TWDC talk and actions about diversity and inclusion; creating the fifth key, changing the attractions make them feel more inclusive, this is really for one reason, and one reason only. The shareaholder.

TWDC does not care about diversity or inclusion and this “pay to play” Genie program shows it. The Genie program only serves one entity, the shareholder.

TWDC welcomes all race, creed, color to its parks as long as you have the money..
The only color Disney recognizes is the green color of money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom