Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

HouCuseChickie

We knew some kind of paid system was coming. I'm in a maybe spot right now. Thankfully, my family wants a long Disney break, so I can sit back and see how this all plays out before having to make that choice.

tanc

The only thing that is positive I guess depending on how you look at it is at least people can ride Rise, but you shouldn't have to pay to be able to ride that ride. It's unacceptable that when Disney made ROTR they did not create ample amounts of space and as a result we have to resort to a VQ or pay your way in.

I can only hope that the Splash Retheme won't be VQ but idk at this point, MMRR was not but Splash is a hugely popular ride.

PorterRedkey

Why do you think that lower capacity, E level attractions, are all that they have built recently - and nixed anything that will eat people, like the Main St Theatre that was supposed to be built? Do you not think they have been moving towards this for years???
I don't. The original Avengers attractions had to be scrapped for low capacity. Smuggler's run has 4 carousels for increased capacity. They could have easily built one or two, but they didn't.

However, now that they can charge for scarcity, so why go the extra mile to have more people able to ride. Rise's capacity is awful for what they knew would be the marquee attraction of the entire park, but many guest don't get to ride every day. I see Lightning Lane encouraging more attractions with Rise's capacity level.

Time will tell.

JIMINYCR

DW and I werent planning to go for another year so we have the benefit of waiting it out and seeing how things transpire. I'll be watching closely to determine how others manage it. I surely do not like the pay more fees to get on idea. This just may be a deal breaker.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't. The original Avengers attractions had to be scrapped for low capacity. Smuggler's run has 4 carousels for increased capacity. They could have easily built one or two, but they didn't.

However, now that they can charge for scarcity, so why go the extra mile to have more people able to ride. Rise's capacity is awful for what they knew would be the marquee attraction of the entire park, but many guest don't get to ride every day. I see Lightning Lane encouraging more attractions with Rise's capacity level.

Time will tell.
Increased capacity doesn't mean it's good people eating capacity that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to experience. What attraction have they built in the last 10 years that has a capacity similar to HM or SSE?

My point was that the people in charge have been thinking about this for at least the last 10 years. How to get people to pay to experience an attraction that they know full well that only a small portion of the daily attendance will get to experience on any given day.

PorterRedkey

Increased capacity doesn't mean it's good people eating capacity that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to experience. What attraction have they built in the last 10 years that has a capacity similar to HM or SSE?

My point was that the people in charge have been thinking about this for at least the last 10 years. How to get people to pay to experience an attraction that they know full well that only a small portion of the daily attendance will get to experience on any given day.
That may be the case, I don't know. But if it is, why go the extra mile for the attractions I mentioned?

What is Guardians capacity? That will be the most recently designed attraction.

aliceismad

Depends on what wait times are and what LL individual ride passes cost and what rides ends up being included in each tier. And it depends on reports of how well G+ works. But I anticipate G+ and/or LL in our future, at least on some days.

But we only go once every few years, so budgeting extra for things like G+ and LLs is not as heavy for me as someone who goes frequently. I can see why those people are rethinking their future visits. So many add-ons when you consider no more DME, park hoppers, G+, LL, dessert parties, after-hours parties, etc.

Ricky Spanish

1B1CFB9A-7AC6-482C-90B9-466726CA623C.jpeg

Genie+ and Genie-???

Minnie Mum

No. Absolutely not. I'm done with all of the price increases, reduced services, added fees for things that used to be included. Sorry (not sorry) Disney, but you aren't that special any more. We can enjoy fabulous vacations in wonderful places for less than what you want to gouge us for now, and with much less hassle. This was the proverbial straw. So long, it's been good to know ya.

Texas84

Yes. I enjoyed the angry looks we got when Fastpass first started and many didn't know about it. This is going to be worse because we're paying for it.

Satans Hockey

I am surprised more people are not in this thread, we have been talking about this for months, now we have our answer.

Strange...............

There's 86 pages and counting since yesterday here...

note2001

No one is cancelling their Disney trip over a $15 charge. I won't believe it unless you post proof.
Considering right now there is no fastpass of any kind unless one receives one as an apology from Disney for waiting in a downed ride, etc. I agree.

I'm feeling electric excitement coming off the Touring Plans' IEs as they're trying to predict how this will play out as well as Disney's own who designed this with IT and are now beyond excited to finally be holding the reins for guest behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom