Are you a 'waver'?

Much-Pixie-Dust

I am a waver, not just at Disney, but everywhere. Like another poster, I grew up in East TN, where it is practically the law that you are required to wave. I live in the Midwest now, where people don’t do it. I do though and I hope it brightens people’s day.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

On Space Mountain I wave to the people coming by as you go up the lift and later when you go past it fast...usually it times out just right that there are others going by..but it's real quick.
Have you noticed the trend of teenage type kids actually yelling towards people that are leaving the loading dock on the right on Space Mountain? Seems like in the last couple of years I notice more and more people doing that.

crxbrett

I constantly wave. Usually when I am on an attraction while others are in line or vice-versa. I will always wave when woven to by CMs or other guests. I think my fav places to wave are on the Railroad, the PeopleMover, Tom Sawyer's Island, the Liberty Belle, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder. And I always wave to any characters I see.

I think waving just adds to the fun and the experience and I believe it makes others feel good as well.

When I go to DW with my GF I always jokingly/playfully give her grief when we are on an attraction leaving the station and the CMs are waving and she fails to lol She's usually not paying enough attention to notice it, but we laugh about it when I point it out.

I've also noticed way more CMs wave at WDW than at DL.

13*Minute*Wait

Besides the parades or other street show attractions, I generally only wave at CMs that are launching the rides, and then its sporadic...no real rhyme or reason as to when I decide to wave at them. I don't remember waving at other guests.

lilclerk

I love waving at people in the parks haha. I've waved at people sitting outside at the Contemporary while on the boat from Fort Wilderness to MK and gotten waves back, I've waved at the monorail conductor going overhead at Epcot and gotten a honk back, I wave while on the Peoplemover. I don't know why this tradition started, but I love it haha.

geekza

I'm from WV. We wave at everybody. Here, I'd attribute it to the whole state essentially being made up of small towns. Even if you don't know someone personally, it's just a way of acknowledging their presence and a quick greeting.

ppet

I'm from WV. We wave at everybody. Here, I'd attribute it to the whole state essentially being made up of small towns. Even if you don't know someone personally, it's just a way of acknowledging their presence and a quick greeting.
I'm originally from WV also, between Ripley and Point Pleasant. Now I live in Tennessee and everyone ways also. When at WDW I don't often wave because my DW is the quickest wave in the west. She always beats me to it.

Last edited:

geekza

I'm originally from WV also, between Ripley and Point Pleasant. Now I live in Tennessee and everyone ways also. When at WDW I don't often way because my DW is the quickest wave in the west. She always beats me to it.
I grew up all over the southern part of the state, but am currently in Cross Lanes. I've been to Ripley and Point Pleasant many times. Good to meet a fellow Mountaineer (though I went to Marshall). :)

ppet

I grew up all over the southern part of the state, but am currently in Cross Lanes. I've been to Ripley and Point Pleasant many times. Good to meet a fellow Mountaineer (though I went to Marshall). :)
I root for the Mountaineers But I went to West Virginia Institute of Tech. Got a sister In Law who graduated from Marshall, we still let het come to family dinners though. ;)

geekza

I root for the Mountaineers But I went to West Virginia Institute of Tech. Got a sister In Law who graduated from Marshall, we still let het come to family dinners though. ;)
We're all one big WV family... except during college football season. ;)

righttrack

When a child looks out at the ride and towards my way, I always wave. They appreciate being acknowledged and if they are looking to go on the ride and are concerned that it is scary, it helps encourage them that someone is having a good time. The spirit of WDW is to do this and keep it a kind and welcoming place.

Darth_Wes

While on an attraction are you a waver?

Was that you on TTA(aka "People Mover") waving at me as our trams passed by eachother? Were you waving while leaving the dock going to Tom Sawyer's Island at those still waiting for the next raft? Or maybe you're that one on the Jungle Cruise boat waving to us in the queue?

I'm not a waver; are you?
I have high fived folks on TTA who were coming the opposite way out of Space Mountain. It's usually a teenager trying to get someone to return the high five, so I humor them...at the last minute. Makes for a good laugh on both trams.

That being said, I may waive at someone if I am in a weird mood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom