Are you a 'waver'?

Damon7777

Original Poster
While on an attraction are you a waver?

Was that you on TTA(aka "People Mover") waving at me as our trams passed by eachother? Were you waving while leaving the dock going to Tom Sawyer's Island at those still waiting for the next raft? Or maybe you're that one on the Jungle Cruise boat waving to us in the queue?

I'm not a waver; are you?

Last edited:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I'm from east Tn. Therefore, "hospitality" is born in me. I'm also a UPS man which spends my whole days waving at everybody. Even in my own personal vehicle it's pretty customary here in the country to wave at people when you're just passing each other on the road. So when I'm at Disneyworld I would feel weird if I DIDN'T wave at everybody. LOL! I even always wave at the CM in the booth above Small World and even the people at Pinocchio's. However, at Disneyworld I only wave at the people that are waving at me but it's almost like more of a "southern" thing for me than a "Disney" thing just because it's so entrenched in the actual culture of where I'm from.

DisneyGigi

I'm from east Tn. Therefore, "hospitality" is born in me. I'm also a UPS man which spends my whole days waving at everybody. Even in my own personal vehicle it's pretty customary here in the country to wave at people when you're just passing each other on the road. So when I'm at Disneyworld I would feel weird if I DIDN'T wave at everybody. LOL! I even always wave at the CM in the booth above Small World and even the people at Pinocchio's. However, at Disneyworld I only wave at the people that are waving at me but it's almost like more of a "southern" thing for me than a "Disney" thing just because it's so entrenched in the actual culture of where I'm from.

I would have to agree with you. Maybe it is a southern thing. I do not wave first but if someone waves, I have to wave back or I feel rude. Same thing with saying yes, ma’am and sir, if asked a question- even if they are younger than me. That’s just how my mom taught me to be. I guess I am a wave backer.. lol

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I would have to agree with you. Maybe it is a southern thing. I do not wave first but if someone waves, I have to wave back or I feel rude. Same thing with saying yes, ma’am and sir, if asked a question- even if they are younger than me. That’s just how my mom taught me to be. I guess I am a wave backer.. lol
Yeah I generally just wave back too but I do find that sometimes I initiate the waving with the Small World CM just because maybe I feel that booth gets pretty lonely. LOL! It's funny you talk about saying yes sir and no ma'am because most of the people I deliver to are men so I'm constantly saying "yes sir" all day and pretty much about once a day some lady will thank me and I will say "yes sir". LOL!

LUVofDIS

I typically don't wave, but at WDW, I do. Mostly to CM's and kids, seeing that many adults will just look at me weird. But on the train, SW, JC, Splash, just about anywhere kids or CM's can directly see me and make eye contact.

Small World, the CM as we cast off gets a wave, but also the windows that overlook the attraction from Pinocchio Village Haus, kids are usually peering down to catch a glimpse of the boats and express to each a bon voyage. I always wave to these kids and most of the time they excitedly wave back. The CM's are hit or miss, that is they always wave, some only half heatedly wave, I understand why.

The people mover, I wave but I also have a little more fun, I usually slap hi fives when the vehicles pass close together. If you do this, please be sure to use a weak slap so not to injure passer byers. Some kids like to go for the gusto and see how strong they are.

The other popular attraction to wave seems to be Big Thunder, as you pass the waiting area outside someone usually waves so I wave back.

It is fun and it seems to make other peoples day when you initiate a wave, so why not.

HwdStudio

Southerner here as well! Everything you said is true for me too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom