Are you a 'waver'?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Grew up in a small town - waving when you were driving in in the country was virtually mandatory. Now I live in Houston - I don't wave much. But I wave a "thanks" when folks let me into their lane, and I still expect an acknowledging wave when I let someone in front of me (and I wave back regardless - either in acknowledgment of their good manners for waiving at me or in a sarcastic "you're welcome" for the folks who aren't polite enough to acknowledge a nice gesture). And when I'm back home or otherwise driving in rural, sparsely populated areas, I wave and usually get waves in return.

Last edited:

jloucks

I'm not a waver. However, I am also not rude, so I will always return a wave.

Hmm,, that's not totally true. Sometimes, depending on my mood, I will wave first at a child if they look like they would appreciate it.

I am also not a line chatter. I don't much care to talk to strangers while stuck in an attraction cue. Again, tho, an exception usually happens for kids. I am not gonna be the one that dampens a kids wonder.

DfromATX

Grew up in a small town - waving when you were driving in in the country was virtually mandatory. Now I live in Houston - I don't wave much. But I wave a "thanks" when folks let me into their lane, and I still expect an acknowledging wave when I let someone in front of me (and I wave back regardless - either in acknowledgment of their good manners for waiving at me or in a sarcastic "you're welcome" for the folks who aren't polite enough to acknowledge a nice gesture). And when I'm back home or otherwise driving in rural, sparsely populated areas, I wave and usually get waves in return.

That is too funny! I am originally from Houston, but now live in Austin. I am very familiar with that courtesy wave when people let you cut in and vice versa. I thought everyone did that! I have been in Austin about 25 years now so maybe people aren't as nice in Houston anymore??

WDWJeffC37

Being from south Louisiana I'm a waver at all times. At Disney and at home, driving or walking, standing in the yard at passing cars, just about everywhere. I am also a line and bus chatter when at Disney. I love to find out where people are from and how their vacation is going. I have met some wonderful and interesting people. Cheers!!!!!!!

NormC

We are a family of wavers and if you are in line with my wife watch out. She is a chatter as well. She will chat with anyone.

spock8113

Oh, waver.
I thought you were talking about that special document signed by the President that says while on Slinky Dog Dash I can scream like a little girl. I probably don't need that waiver anyhoo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom