Are you 23?

Matpez

Ok so I just had a thought, our economy is in the toilet people are going no where, and doing nothing and disney thinks someone is going to buy a $16 magazine? And to top it all off they spent probably close to $100K to advertise the thing which like I said no one right now can afford. Is it just me or does this sound like something that might not work out as well as they had hoped?
Well, we are at least partially to blame, I'm sure.

I mean, they suddenly had a realization that the fans not only would come to the park for Epcot's 25th, but buy lots of special merchandise as well.
They began to notice. At Epcot's 25th we got to listen to Marty Sklar, at AK's 10th, Joe Rohde (and more special merchandise).
They see an opportunity from these events, popular podcasts and websites such as this and have decided to make more $ on it. We can't blame them.

hardcard

heres a thought... I just bought 2 copies.... So, for a hardcore disney fan.. They are obviously RIGHT..

Meanwhile, its a quarterly magazine, so, that translates to 60$ a year.... not so bad at all..

Plus the convention in anaheim, the club itself, etc... not sure what the club cost is, however.. but i'll likely be joining

supapampam

Luckily the magazine is quarterly so we all will not be spending $16 a month.

I wonder if with the "membership" you will get the magazine like they used to have with the 'Magic Kingdom Club' or a discounted subscription. We will all find out very soon.

hardcard

Well, we are at least partially to blame, I'm sure.

I mean, they suddenly had a realization that the fans not only would come to the park for Epcot's 25th, but buy lots of special merchandise as well.
They began to notice. At Epcot's 25th we got to listen to Marty Sklar, at AK's 10th, Joe Rohde (and more special merchandise).
They see an opportunity from these events, popular podcasts and websites such as this and have decided to make more $ on it. We can't blame them.

So, the writing on the wall is that WDWCelebrations 'celebrations' will cease to be officially sponsored by disney.... Well, thats good and bad.

Matpez

So, the writing on the wall is that WDWCelebrations 'celebrations' will cease to be officially sponsored by disney.... Well, thats good and bad.
Well, I certainly didn't say that and have no advanced knowledge...
But that COULD be good or bad.
I mean, I would rather they do it formally then us do it informally, but I am afraid of what corporate types and lawyers would do to such events.
I think the fans can do it pretty well on our own, that's for sure.
However, they could do a lot more that we could in terms of special shows or attractions that they just leave us in corporate limbo about if we ask.
Maybe they will need help planning... :lookaroun

hbkrocco1

The anticipation!!! I can't take it any more!

I just can't help but feel that it's going to be a downer, just like riding Stitches Great Escape! for the first time.

DebS

AP previews, newsletter, discounts on APs, discount on TiW, discounts on merchandise, free parking, free internet, etc sure sound like benefits to be.

True, true. I guess I've gotten used to them. I don't mean to sound ungreatful. I would've gotten out of them years ago if I were unhappy.

BTW, Disney stock is in the tank today. Maybe with this announcement it'll spike. Might be a good time to buy:)

This is my 23rd post:ROFLOL: I'm 23!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom