Are you 23?

Matpez

I was just about to say that in response also..:lol:..
I am just not fast enough

As an AP who gets no communication from WDW (like a Mickey Monitor or special emails) but has asked numerous times to, I certainly don't feel like they "treat me special"
Also, the AP events that have never at all been in any way organized or efficient even though they pretend they will be.
Anyway... still waiting with the rest of you... still a fan. :wave:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yes, however the "implication" of "are YOU 23" is like asking "Aren't you a member of the Official Club". Therefore implying that by not being a member of "23" means somehow we are not the "best" fans, or the "real" fans.

So it is the 3 word (actually 2 word, 1 number) marketing slogan you don't like? I dunno -- that seems to be reading a lot into it.

When I made hotel reservations for my last trip, the agent on the phone said "What will you Celebrate?", using the current marketing slogan. I said "Nothing". We went on and made the reservation, and I felt no slap in the face. When I called to make dining reservations for my upcoming trip, I was asked, "And will you be staying in one of our Disney resorts?" I said "No", and went on to make reservations. Again, no disrespect was felt. I have been asked many times if I was a DVC member, and didn't feel like they were trying to "guilt" me into it be implying I wasn't a real fan.

No doubt they were indeed hoping to sell me something in some or all of these instances, but that's marketing.

maggiegrace1

As an AP who gets no communication from WDW (like a Mickey Monitor or special emails) but has asked numerous times to, I certainly don't feel like they "treat me special"
Also, the AP events that have never at all been in any way organized or efficient even though they pretend they will be.
Well that stinks that you do not get that stuff that you should be getting..

I guess we all have difference of opinion on the whole thing but we are all still curious..:)
Perhaps a club about Adventure:lookaroun
Well, then we know that you would be first in line to join and pay whatever they asked..:D

DebS

agree as a DVCer and APer we certainly don't get anything that would be considered extras.

Just noticed my post numbers are up to almost 23.Hmmmm maybe that's what all this is about:ROFLOL:

Matpez

So it is the 3 word (actually 2 word, 1 number) marketing slogan you don't like? I dunno -- that seems to be reading a lot into it.

Yes, I agree with you.

This thread is just about discussion and "reading into it" though...
I promise if when it is announced officially if I pay up and join I will let you all know! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
agree as a DVCer and APer we certainly don't get anything that would be considered extras.

Just noticed my post numbers are up to almost 23.Hmmmm maybe that's what all this is about:ROFLOL:
AP previews, newsletter, discounts on APs, discount on TiW, discounts on merchandise, free parking, free internet, etc sure sound like benefits to be.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I do remember the (very few) days of the AP lounges at DAK and especially the one at Epcot. That was a REAL benefit, and seemingly such a cheap one to provide. :(

hardcard

I just went to b&n here in winter garden, and the rack they were on was nearly empty... got 2, 1 to read, the other stays in the plastic..

so, get out there any get one if you REALLY want it, they seem to be going fast.. and in 43 minutes, they'll go FASTER I'm sure

cdunbar

Ok so I just had a thought, our economy is in the toilet people are going no where, and doing nothing and disney thinks someone is going to buy a $16 magazine? And to top it all off they spent probably close to $100K to advertise the thing which like I said no one right now can afford. Is it just me or does this sound like something that might not work out as well as they had hoped?

Einselen

Ok so I just had a thought, our economy is in the toilet people are going no where, and doing nothing and disney thinks someone is going to buy a $16 magazine? And to top it all off they spent probably close to $100K to advertise the thing which like I said no one right now can afford. Is it just me or does this sound like something that might not work out as well as they had hoped?

How have they spent 100k to advertise? They spent almost next to nothing as this is all viral marketing. They had a few posters and a website (some mention in the middle of other newsletter, but nothing over the top). Everyone talked about it and passed on the word for them. This is the cheapest campaign.

MKingdom25

Or it's set for noon in each time zone to 'stagger' the launch? Then maybe the site won't crash when everybody tries at once? :shrug:

Nah, Disney's web folks aren't that good! :lol:

Coud be but I would think Disney would want everybody to see it at once, since I am sure they have the capacity to handle all the traffic.

I guess we will know if in about 32 minutes our Eastern time zone peeps get the reveal!

jhastings74

I'm getting 1 pm ET / Noon CT too. I'm in central time if that makes any difference. :veryconfu

My countdown (I'm here in Central Time) will 'end' at 1:00p 'my' time...but I DID notice that the seconds/minutes of the countdown synced EXACTLY with the time change of my clock on my computer. I wonder if the countdowns are synced to the computer clock...

...wait...now that I think about it, I think Master Yoda said he had 3 separate windows open with 3 different times...so much for my 'Sherlock Holmes' moment...

...please continue...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom