Are value resorts tacky and poll: Which Value Resort is the best?

Which Value Resort is best?

• Total voters

ToTBellHop

I personally think the deluxe resorts are a waste of money if you're planning on not spending any real time at the hotel. If you need only a bed and a shower, why waste $$$? Book a dinner show or a sit-down meal instead. I'm glad the value and moderate resorts exist, since many families can't afford the $500 per night deluxe prices. I think it's the Catholic in me -- I can't justify the expense when I know others don't have the privilege.
Do you feel that way to WDW, in general?

correcaminos

I personally think the deluxe resorts are a waste of money if you're planning on not spending any real time at the hotel. If you need only a bed and a shower, why waste $$$? Book a dinner show or a sit-down meal instead. I'm glad the value and moderate resorts exist, since many families can't afford the $500 per night deluxe prices. I think it's the Catholic in me -- I can't justify the expense when I know others don't have the privilege.

So you can spend the money on dinner and yet you still have Catholic guilt high enough that you won't stay in Deluxe resorts? Catholic guilt at its best (from one Catholic to another totally joking of course about it) :D

Seriously though for you it might not work, but for others it might. If someone spends all day in the parks and wants to stay at an Epcot or MK area resort to avoid buses I totally would get it. Or if they like the theming? Could be anything.

ohioguy

So you can spend the money on dinner and yet you still have Catholic guilt high enough that you won't stay in Deluxe resorts? Catholic guilt at its best (from one Catholic to another totally joking of course about it) :D

Seriously though for you it might not work, but for others it might. If someone spends all day in the parks and wants to stay at an Epcot or MK area resort to avoid buses I totally would get it. Or if they like the theming? Could be anything.

My point is: the dinner show or sit-down meal is still cheaper comparatively. $500/night for a room is beyond ridiculous to me, personally.

correcaminos

My point is: the dinner show or sit-down meal is still cheaper comparatively. $500/night for a room is beyond ridiculous to me, personally.
My point is what works for you, is what works for you. It won't work for everyone and no way will everyone agree with you. I could say I personally find spending thousands on food a week at Disney to be wasteful. The thing is, it would be my opinion for me, yet I won't judge others for doing so. You have every right to say it isn't for you, but my point earlier is we shouldn't judge others for it.

Again it's like fat or skinny shaming - both happen and both are wrong. Judging someone for staying a deluxe is no better than judging people to be tacky for staying at a value. So you can think our DVC purchase was probably the most wasteful thing in the world, but for us it's perfect. The joy of the world is no one agrees nor do they have to :)

This is not all directed at you but a part of my point from earlier. To each their own and that's how it should be. World would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

I think we will see lower prices across the board and
Lower prices? How do you think that? I personally see it as an excuse to make the values a higher price.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Down the road once the Skyliner is completed I'm sure Pop & AoA will not be specified as Values. I'm going to say that it will become a "Val-Mod" Hotel (A Value hotel with Moderate Prices)....Just watch..

Make sense, especially given the style of the refurb rooms at PoP. Queen beds, nicer bathroom, larger fridge, coffee makers. More like a moderate than a value, minus the TS restaurant.

OliveMcFly

Sometimes I enjoy staying at the Deluxe Resorts but I think the Value resorts are cute. I sell a lot of Disney at my agency and I'm always telling people that the Values are good and clean and the theming is great.

Flynnwriter

Aesthetically, the value resorts are the tackiest on property resorts. The are merely largebox motels colorfullly painted with oversized props. The gigantic props are meant to distract from the lack of themeing and detail throughout the rest of the Resort. Some people love them, others are horrified.

The_Bellringer

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them but my friend stated the last time she stayed at POP there was no coffee maker in the room. I thought that was UNBELIEVABLE, especially for the price they were charging.

Really, Disney?

beachlover4444

Pop Century. All Star Movies. All Star Sports. All Star Music. Art of Animation. The resorts I just listed are known as value resorts, and when I ask people if I should stay there I get mixed reviews. Some say they are great but I have heard many say they are "tacky". Is this true? I would love to hear reviews or stories about the resort overall.
honestly if you look at prices i dont consider art of animation a value resort. it is priced so much higher than the all star resorts which i consider true value resorts. small typical hotel rooms, smaller bathroom, 1 sink, just a clean place to sleep. i've stayed in almost every disney resort over the years and most recently this year at Pop and Art. Art suites are amazing and huge and definitely saved us having 5 females in the room. Pop was built before Art and before the idea of Suites (separate bedroom/living rooms, 2 bathrooms). The room was small and definitely the 5 of us couldnt have stayed in that room and thank goodness we got an upgrade. As always you get what you pay for.

beachlover4444

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them but my friend stated the last time she stayed at POP there was no coffee maker in the room. I thought that was UNBELIEVABLE, especially for the price they were charging.

Really, Disney?
we had one but it was in a really hidden spot. Pop does try to make the most of the little space there is, especially in the mirror sink areas.

beachlover4444

I think what surprises people, especially first time staying on property, is the value resorts have the longest walks to their busses and to often to their hotel rooms when they return and it's not fun when you're exhausted. Yes value resort rooms are smaller (except the suites at Art) but if you are at the park from 8 am to midnight, who cares the bed is comfortable. At Art we stayed in Lion King but the cars land area blew me away with theming, outstanding. The Mermaid rooms at Art are more like Pop because Art was originally going to be a continuation of Pop and then they changed their minds to do the suites and give it its own themed resort. I love the new pull down trundle beds, they free up so much space. There are now alot of good you tube walk through videos so you can get a good feel of walking through the resorts.

ohioguy

My point is what works for you, is what works for you. It won't work for everyone and no way will everyone agree with you. I could say I personally find spending thousands on food a week at Disney to be wasteful. The thing is, it would be my opinion for me, yet I won't judge others for doing so. You have every right to say it isn't for you, but my point earlier is we shouldn't judge others for it.

Again it's like fat or skinny shaming - both happen and both are wrong. Judging someone for staying a deluxe is no better than judging people to be tacky for staying at a value. So you can think our DVC purchase was probably the most wasteful thing in the world, but for us it's perfect. The joy of the world is no one agrees nor do they have to :)

This is not all directed at you but a part of my point from earlier. To each their own and that's how it should be. World would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

Lower prices? How do you think that? I personally see it as an excuse to make the values a higher price.

Absolutely. Everything is always opinion. Notice that's what the original poster asked for: our opinions.

kathy stomber

Pop Century. All Star Movies. All Star Sports. All Star Music. Art of Animation. The resorts I just listed are known as value resorts, and when I ask people if I should stay there I get mixed reviews. Some say they are great but I have heard many say they are "tacky". Is this true? I would love to hear reviews or stories about the resort overall.
You get what you pay for. I have stayed at them all, and have decided I will never stay at one again. I will stay off site from now on. The staff isn’t pleasant any longer. The meal area is dirty at most of them, and the beds are very uncomfortable. I don’t feel at home at any of them any longer.

Jedi Stitch

To me the real value is saving your money for other expenditures to pay for deluxe dining, extra upgrades, heck even through a three day cruse on the end of a 7 day park stay.

TARDIS

To me the real value is saving your money for other expenditures to pay for deluxe dining, extra upgrades, heck even through a three day cruse on the end of a 7 day park stay.
That's exactly what we do, turn that money into other experiences while there. But for us it's just a bed and shower so the room means very little while experiences mean a lot :) I see the value in value resorts for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom