Are they going to bother fixing the Illuminations globe at this point?

Cesar R M

Weird.

We've been to EPCOT probably 7-10 times this month and Illuminations worked as normal every time we watched. The globe opened as normal. Were there on Wednesday or Thursday of last week (can't remember) and it worked as it should. Going tomorrow (maybe today after Typhoon) and if we stay to watch I'll see if all is well and let you know.
Maybe the mechanical insides were under refurb/repairs? but still used the globe for the standing effect?

Eddie Garrison

Maybe the mechanical insides were under refurb/repairs? but still used the globe for the standing effect?

Very good to hear. That show is the highlight of my WDW visits, one of which starts 4 weeks from tomorrow (not that I'm counting or anything . . .).

Maybe and Maybe :)

We'll be heading out to EPCOT for sure on Sunday evening (maybe sooner) for some Food & Wine fun. We'll be staying to watch Illuminations so I'll report back what happens during the show.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Weird.

We've been to EPCOT probably 7-10 times this month and Illuminations worked as normal every time we watched. The globe opened as normal. Were there on Wednesday or Thursday of last week (can't remember) and it worked as it should. Going tomorrow (maybe today after Typhoon) and if we stay to watch I'll see if all is well and let you know.
Great news, happy they actually fixed it and within a timely manner, it's a unique piece of equipment and the only of its kind and function in the entire world, they have to get parts custom and or from scratch.

ABQ

The globe hasn't been fixed in a timely manner. With the exception of a few nights over the last few months, it is still not opening at the end (including last night).

So then the few night's exceptions that it did work were exactly those night's that Eddie was there this past month? Are you certain it's been malfunctioning as often as you say? Just asking as it seems some info is conflicting.
Weird.

Eddie Garrison

Yes. I really have a hard time believing anyone who says its worked more than it hasn't. I'm there at least 4 nights a week, I think I know what I'm talking about. The last time I remember it opening was on 4th of July.

Sorry you think that. I have seen it open EVERY time we have been there recently. I have no reason to lie on something as trivial as this.

See, this is one of the main reasons I stay off these types of boards. My experience differs so it must not be true. Or my experience did not live up to someone else's so it's wrong.

Oh well. Enjoy Disney guys & gals!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The globe hasn't been fixed in a timely manner. With the exception of a few nights over the last few months, it is still not opening at the end (including last night).
Ok so there still is an issue, this doesn't look good, looks like another Epcot attraction crash and burn ending

danyoung56

I just saw the show twice, on 9/28 and 10/1. The first time, the globe spun, it opened, the torch lighted and raised. The only thing it didn't do is shoot fireworks. The 2nd time everything worked well, except that the fireworks launched at odd times.

danyoung56

Hmmm. I also saw it on 10/1, and it seemed like everything worked well, except for the fact that the fireworks shooting out of it fired late.

But then, I'd had a few martinis, so I could be wrong . . .

Cesar R M

you know, considering all the reports. It almost feels like the globe is not having mechanical issues.. but communication issues.

It randomly can work, spin,and throw fireworks and fire, sometimes the fire doesnt go out, sometimes the fireworks are delayed.. but everything else is fine.

What do they use to sync the globe? WIFI? dragging a cable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom