Are they going to bother fixing the Illuminations globe at this point?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Once again I'm on this topic but the earth hasn't been opening for the past few months and only seem to get it to work for special ocashions. With Siemens leavings and potentially a new show coming in the next couple of years I'm wondering if there even going to bother fixing the earth barge.

NeedMoreMickey

I know this will be unpopular but I think the globe part is boring and will not miss it if they take it out. Just show fireworks.
I've been saying this for years. Even more boring now because it is so hard to get a space where you can see the globe spin. With the new restaurants and the stands for the festival being up year round the viewing area is cut in down a bunch. Ready do a change where everyone can see the show.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I've been saying this for years. Even more boring now because it is so hard to get a space where you can see the globe spin. With the new restaurants and the stands for the festival being up year round the viewing area is cut in down a bunch. Ready do a change where everyone can see the show.
I'd love to see them bring back the old show with a rerecorded soundtrack and better pyro.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO I think more Projection mapping during the show should be used on the buildings around WS Lagoon and finalize it by using Spaceship Earth...I mean they have used it twice for 2 really pointless events and it's not being used to it's full potential...
mikespaceshipearth.jpg
DSC7888.jpg

Amidala

That was part of the proposal for SkyDance.

But Project mapping is becoming boring now. IMHO. Let's have at least one show without it.

I couldn't agree more. Projection mapping is fine (and can be great if used effectively) but there's something to be said for combining music, fireworks and a good script to evoke emotion w/o needing additional imagery or movie references.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster

But Project mapping is becoming boring now. IMHO. Let's have at least one show without it.
I agree, everything is projection and not the works of art the used to be. As realistic as it might look, high quality movie clips don't do it for me, I miss the abstract art that didn't bring you into the story but mesmerized and was incredible in its own way. Laser images are like a painting, projection mapping is just footage meant for the tv or hearted, nothing to impressive with that. The artwork in the shows were something made by an imagineer, not just footage and to me that's much more impressive.

AndyS2992

Reflections of Earth is coming up on it's 18 birthday, I love it but it's time for change in my opinion. Let it have it's 20th anniversary victory year and then put it to bed.

Chef Mickey

Have you seen and given a full review on HEA yet?

I felt the projection portion of HEA was the weakest and most irritating part.

I was thrilled to see it for NYE, but yes, I've noticed it's been out of commission quite a bit lately. Same for the fire barge. I love them both and miss them when they're gone.

As far as projections go, I do think we've had enough. I still love them, but has anyone seen what they're calling the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular FIREWORKS? Very few fireworks. It's a cool show, but I was expecting fireworks, not a cool laser show with the occasional boom. They need to rename it and quit calling it a fireworks show.

Eddie Garrison

Weird.

We've been to EPCOT probably 7-10 times this month and Illuminations worked as normal every time we watched. The globe opened as normal. Were there on Wednesday or Thursday of last week (can't remember) and it worked as it should. Going tomorrow (maybe today after Typhoon) and if we stay to watch I'll see if all is well and let you know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom