Are there any restaurants at WDW that you won't eat at just because...?

durangojim

Original Poster
So we've got a thread about places you wouldn't return due to poor food or service, but what about one because it just doesn't appeal to you? Mine would be liberty tree. For some reason, totally irrational, I have no desire to eat there. Maybe because I'm from the North and associate the food there with Thanksgiving and cold weather, which is what I don't want when I'm in sunny Florida. Anyone else?

Sweet Melissa

Lots, really. We don't care for buffets (though we're tentatively planning on trying Boma on our next visit). We've never done a character meal because it doesn't appeal to us. I don't care for the hyped-up role playing antics of places like Prine Time or Whispering Canyon, either. Luckily, the staff at those places are pretty good at reading the table and adjusting the act accordingly.

GoochDSA

We won't do any of the Italian restaurants, Chinese restaurants or TE. I can get better for cheaper at home. I guess that's true for most restaurants, but there is literally an Italian restaurant or pizza place and Chinese restaurant on every block, and there are several hibachi restaurants around here that are far above and beyond TE in every way.

Princess_AmyK

I agree with liberty tree. I feel the same way. Im not a thanksgiving food fan. I also have no desire for biergarden. I might would go just for drinks but not food. My dad lives in a town by austin called fredricksburg. Its a german town. When I visit him what do we have? You guessed it. German food. I get PLENTY. another one I dont go to is anything in mexico. I grew up in San Antonio. The mexican food is amazing! I cant imagine a mexican restaurant in disney can be anywhere close to what im used to. No point setting myself up for disappointment. (Although it could be delicious but ill never know)

boilerpicc

Garden Grill. Sure, you get to spin around in a circle as you eat, but meh. On our last vacation, we decided to only eat at places we had either never been to or hadn't been to in years. So, we did the Garden Grill. I don't have a clue what I even ate. It was that forgettable. I do remember Chip pulling the blanket off of my 3-month-old's stroller and waking her up. No bonus points there.

durangojim

Original Poster
I agree with liberty tree. I feel the same way. Im not a thanksgiving food fan. I also have no desire for biergarden. I might would go just for drinks but not food. My dad lives in a town by austin called fredricksburg. Its a german town. When I visit him what do we have? You guessed it. German food. I get PLENTY. another one I dont go to is anything in mexico. I grew up in San Antonio. The mexican food is amazing! I cant imagine a mexican restaurant in disney can be anywhere close to what im used to. No point setting myself up for disappointment. (Although it could be delicious but ill never know)
I get what you're saying about Germany, BUT Mexico is a different story. Don't go for the food (which will not live up to your expectations), go for the tequila!:D

WellFedDave

Boatwright's @ POR. Food was very...what's the word...meh. I love Cajun food...but this was too watered down/bland.
I will also never set foot in Cosmic Ray's again. Sonny Eclipse has no business in the Magic Kingdom. I'd rather go hungry then go there.

Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Café also make my list simply due to the fact that I don't think chain restaurants have any business in WDW. That and the food is terrible there.

xderkax

There's not many... One that leaps to mind is the The Plaza at MK... food wasn't too great, and the lack of a bathroom on sight is annoying. Crystal Palace has also fallen out of favor with me, used to me a "must book" every time I went, last time I feel the food quality had dropped off, won't be going back this time around.

Sumrdog

We have never eaten at 50's Prime Time because the idea of being harassed by the wait staff doesn't really appeal to us. Maybe if we were in the right mood, but who knows if we are going to be in the mood for that 180 days out from a trip. So we just continue to stick to restaurants that offer a mostly traditional diner/server relationship.

Sans Souci

Le Cellier, the tables look too squished together for a Signature restaurant, besides, I am a vegetarian. :p WCC and Sci-Fi, I am kind of a quiet, reserved person, so I don't think this type of interaction is for me. We don't do character meals anymore, my son has Asperger's Syndrome and he never cared for them.

Anything I can get here, I skip--Nine Dragons, Tokyo Dining/Tepan Edo.

HouCuseChickie

I have several...

1. I used to shun all Italian at Disney b/c I could get better at home, but since moving away...I'm opening up to the idea. I've even made an ADR for Via Napoli and come September, may actually try it...we'll see if I can break this tradition.
2. All Disney Chinese - my mother burned us out on Chinese food as kids and we rarely eat it now at home since it's a high risk food for DD6's allergies, so no real desire to eat it at WDW
3. Mexican - Way back when, we tried San Angel and we were disappointed. Well, now I live in TX and frequent 2 restaurants that serve both Tex Mex and authentic Mexican...so I really see no point. I mean, I can even get avocado or cucumber margaritas here.
4. The Plaza - I know I've heard good things, but the menu just looks so blah
5. RFC - We have 3 locally...there is no reason to go there at Disney
6. In the same vein as 5...Shula's, Earl, House of Blues & Pollo all have restaurants here...so again, no point in wasting time on them at WDW.
7. Planet Hollywood - I got to eat at the grand opening back when the now closed Houston location had it's VIP preview. I was not impressed and feel 0 desire to return.

OK- I think that's it ;)

jw24

I don't see myself doing character dining as much as I love hearing about the great experience it is. One, it's too expensive and number two, for someone who is pretty much going to do solo WDW trips for the rest of his life, I don't know if I would survive dining by myself with character dining. Is it a fear of being ignored and/or not wanting attention during improper times? Probably. I'm probably also going to skip those fancy places that require a dress code. I mean, I'd be sweating like crazy for sure in a suit and tie in the hot Florida weather! I want to relax on a vacation and wear whatever I want!

Aside from that, Rainforest Cafe doesn't really scream at me. I mean, it's a chain so you can get it anywhere and my concern of food quality gives me a negative view of most chain restaurants. Additionally, I won't eat again at China (I've had much better Chinese food in other places.), Mexico (Not really crazy about Mexican food in general.) and probably Italy in Epcot's World Showcase. (Only thing I like about Italian food is pizza so Via Napoli would be an exception!)

Bama14

I have always said Garden Grill before...something about it just never appealed to me. Now I have it on my list to try for the next visit. I guess never say never. You may read a post or a review on here that will change your mind! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom