Are kids behaving worse now at WDW then in the past?

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
jozzmenia said:
I'm thinking that many parents would rather deal with bad kids in the park, then waste $240+ dollars on leaving...

I'm 26 no kids. I've seen "big kids" in strollers and thought they were too big for them, but then said to myself "I don't have kids so what do I know?"

Ditto for the behavior thing. I've been annoyed on occasion by rude kids, and given the parents the ol' rolling of the eyes, but then thought "I don't have kids so what do i know?" I just hope my own kids are better behaved.

Man we had a conversation with the cutest and most polite boy in the parks on Saturday. It was like talking to a little adult. Too cute. :)

If you see a parent making a mistake or doing something that you don't like, do as you said, definatly do things different with your children should you chose to have them someday. That is what I do. I also see parents handling situations rather well , and I too make note of that (their method).

Just to clarify: I don't think that you have to have kids to have good ideas on parenting, nor do I feel that parentless people's perceptions on things they see is wrong or right. I am just making the point to never say never. I learned that from my newest little blessing.... my little boy who is coming onto 2. I said that I would never have a problem controling my "wild/'spirited'/energetic/delightful" child, but my son proves to be a challange to me. I love that he is full of energy and his delight is amazing. Even though his energy is usually full of happiness (he loves to entertain and make people laugh) and he is not really misbehaving, not all situations are appropriate for that "energy".

My daughter tends to not be so much of a energetic/wild/spirited child(lol) as my son is. She is active, but she has always been (for the most part) able to "de-energize" when the situation calls. "My" boy can have a lot of energy (at least compared to my daughter) although it is "MY" perception, not fact, that a lot of boys tend to have a little more energy than girls!!!!! I am sure I will get looks with him, though probably because I am trying to control his "happy delightful bursts" of energy to make it better fit the situation. He is 21 months and WOW..... I love him and he is a sweetheart, but wowy.. he can be a stinker to control when his "happy" energy isn't appropriate (like standing in line). I am learning how to handle him though, keep his energy under control, and teach him manners as well. It is hard work, but I love him enough to keep working on it with him. Having "my" little boy has opened an all new understanding for me on parents especially with CHILDREN with high energy levels. They can be a handful to control. Parents trying to control their child is one thing, but it is, however, ignorant parents that I can't tolerate.

Oh, I also have to remember to keep it in mind that while at WDW especially (given the large amount of children), some kids have behavioral problems no matter what the parent does (medically speaking). I bet a few kids with that disability are also at Disney World. A lot of children with disabilities go to Disney, and not all the kids look abnormal. Perhaps the behavior "is" the child calm down. Who knows...... I guess, for me, I expect to see out of control children, high sprited children, children throwing fits, or whatever anywhere I go. I try not to let things going on around me destroy my family's vaction to WDW. And, just the same, I will keep my kids under control (and my stroller driving) so I or my family doesn't destroy someone elses vaction. So, if you ever go to WDW, and you see a Mother walking out of the park with her child screaming and kicking her... that is me, taking my child home due to his behavior.....lol.... NO matter how much I spent to be at the park that day..It is still not worth letting my child get away with being a stinker. Besides, I am sure an hour after we get back to the hotel room, my child will be more than happy to cooperate the next time which is priceless.

But, to me, really, if my only complaints about my WDW vacation was some out of control kids and kids "too old" to be in strollers, than my vacation was an outstanding vacation. Here's to many many more successful WDW Vacations....

AEfx

ConstanceIrene said:
Here's a thought: Perhaps the main reason these kids are misbehaving and knocking into people is because they are TIRED!!!

If your child is whining, cranky, and out of control, you should give serious thought to leaving the park for a nap or for the day.
I have never understood the concept of having children in the park at opening, on lines and rides all day long, resting or napping in strollers because they are exhausted but the rest of the family can't bear the thought of missing anything, and being out of the room until 10 or 11 at night. You wouldn't put your kid through that kind of endurance test at home, why do it at WDW? Give them a break. They are only children and need rest.

I'm so glad someone has said it.

It's not just kids either. When I read about perfectly healthy people who get ECV's because they get "tired" I just shake my head in disgust.

EVERYONE gets tired. When you feel tired, it's time to REST, that's what your body is telling you.

Your body is not saying, "push yourself and keep going at all costs to you and other patrons".

Not everyone can climb a mountain in a day, and not everyone can tour WDW at the same speed. Some people seem to have this expectation that they can, and others should enable them to push their body beyond the inherent limits that are very clearly told to you when you get tired.

AEfx

GoofMaul

masterv, I am picking on your quote because I found it to be offensive to me, but please take this as constructive criticism. :wave:

masterv said:
I think both adults and kids behave badly everywhere. There are a lot of people out there who only care for number one. People have stopped being polite. Gone are the days of saying "Thank you" and "Please" or "Yes Mame" and "No sir". People don't hold the door open for you anymore. They don't give up their seat to a pregnant women or older person. People are just rude, crude, and selfish.
I think here you have the "news" syndrome. There are plenty of courteous people out there. I think people forget that when they deal with a few rude people. Think of how many people that you pass throughout the day. Ones following the rules and not making a scene and I bet that they by far out number the bad ones, but we always tend to let the bad ones make the impressions.

masterv said:
I've also seen a lot of bias toward children. People make rude and judgemental comments like, "I wish they wouldn't bring kids here" as if anyone with a family should leave their kids at home. Don't like kids? Get used to kids being around because they are everywhere. Sure they can be loud and obnoxious but they are still kids. And they need REAL parents who aren't afraid to disipline them in the right way. I'm not talking about this time out crud, I'm talking about spankings and taking away priveliges. Word of advice: You are not your child's friend. This isn't a popularity contest. Sure they'll probably say they hate you once in awhile but guess what, you are still the parent. They need rules and guidance.
Again, there are many kids that aren't loud and obnoxious, but yet it is the ones making a scene that draw attention. And corporal punishment (spanking) doesn't work as a method either if not used properly. It is not about what you use so much as the consitency and control (i.e. keeping your own temper). I do agree that many parents try to appease their children and be their friend and when this happens the child is in control. You can still show your child love and maintain control. I think one of the biggest problems facing our society today and the main reason for this thread is that parenting skills are not being past down from generation to generation anymore so there are many parents that don't have a clue how to properly parent, which is the reason shows like "Super Nanny" are popular.

masterv said:
Strollers: Tinkerlor, telling someone "they don't have kids so they couldn't possibly understand" is a pretty lame comment to make. I don't have kids either but I bet I'm 100% more qualified to work with kids than most people. Especially since I work with kids 5 days a week and have training to work with kids. I also have 2 neices, Megan 6 and Rachel 2, that the wife and I have watched on numerous occasions. And YES 8 years old is way too old for any child to be put in a stroller. Let them walk. I'm sure they could use the exercise. If they cry about walking take them to the bathroom and show them that walking may be in their best interest if they know whats good for them. ;)
I was once one of those people that thought I would be a really good parent because I too had a niece and nephew that my wife and I let stay over all the time and we even took them to WDW with us. But, being lent kids for a little while is much different than raising your own. I am sure you will not listen to this and will have your own ideas formed for a retort before I finish writing this, but someday after you have your own child you may understand. If it is not your child you won't deal as much with the tantrums, the test of wills, the sleepless nights, Trying to keep your cool while your child throws a fit in a crowded room, trying to figure out what your child is asking for before they blow their top, dealing with the fact that your child has no patience (This is physical too. Your child doesn't have the mental capacity for patience when they are toddlers as many studies have shown. The most well known is the 20 m&ms. 1 now or 20 in 1 minute. It isn't until age 3-4 that toddlers BEGIN to take the 20.), etc etc. And remember EVERY...this is important EVERY child is different. Your nieces may have been easy going children, but there is a huge temprement factor. My wife has a friend that had her first child...very easy going and she thought these parents struggling with their children weren't doing it right. She now feels bad for ever thinking that because her second child was what they call "spirited" and none of the techniques she used on her first worked on her second. I too have a spirited child (my first) and we are getting much better at heading off the tantrums than we used to, but we research and research all the time. I would suggest three books to any new parent "happiest baby on the block", "happiest toddler on the block", and super nanny Jo Frost's book. These have become invaluable resources in PROPERLY disciplining a child and explains each stage of development and what can realistically be expected. I do agree that an 8 year old is way too old for a stroller. I would suggest a wagon for a child of that age if you must.

moriah said:
I learned that from my newest little blessing.... my little boy who is coming onto 2. I said I would NEVER have a wild kid.......... That is what I said when I had a little girl who was sweet and not wild at all.... Now I have a wild little boy with lots of energy.

Hi moriah, you sound like you are in a similar situation as my wife's friend that I mentioned above was in. Easy going first, and spirited second. I wouldn't say that is strictly a boy trait although there do seem to be more boys that are spirited than girls, but that may just be perception. My little boy is also very spirited. My only problem with your comment is your description as being wild is associated with misbehave and easy going associated with sweet. Our spirited little boy does many things that are very sweet. although he loves to jump around, squeal with delight, and constantly be on the go he also loves to hug, kiss, and cuddle at times too. I can say by far that our little boy has brightened our lives for the better and he makes me laugh everyday with some of the silly things he does and he definitely loves to make people laugh.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
GoofMaul said:
Hi moriah, you sound like you are in a similar situation as my wife's friend that I mentioned above was in. Easy going first, and spirited second. I wouldn't say that is strictly a boy trait although there do seem to be more boys that are spirited than girls, but that may just be perception. My little boy is also very spirited. .

Good point, it isn't just a possible boy trait, it can also be a girl trait. But, my perception, (not fact, my perception) is that it tends to be a boy trait. I was just focusing on the "my boys" part of it. Not all boys have the "wild Energy" personality nor do I mean that wild children AREN'T sweet, lovable, intolerable, or undelightful. To me, all children are a blessing, they are sweet, they can also be incredibly delightful.

GoofMaul said:
My only problem with your comment is your description as being wild is associated with misbehave and easy going associated with sweet..

I mentioned further down that my son is a sweetheart, but can also be stinker, so I don't "feel" that I implied that wild children can't be sweet quite the contrary. If it sounds that way to whomever reads it, Let this be my clarification. It can be a challenge to help "modify" that delightful energy when the time calls for it. My son can be a bigger sweetheart than my daughter who is the biggest sweetheart in the world.

GoofMaul said:
Our spirited little boy does many things that are very sweet. although he loves to jump around, squeal with delight, and constantly be on the go he also loves to hug, kiss, and cuddle at times too. I can say by far that our little boy has brightened our lives for the better and he makes me laugh everyday with some of the silly things he does and he definitely loves to make people laugh..

My son can be entertainment for hours. He is a complete Joy to watch and "squealing with delight" is something he has does often. He cuddles when he is calmed down, and is my little Ray of Sunlight. My little star of energy. I love him and take complete love & enthusiam in pretty much everything that he does, he can just be a little energetic at inappropriate times and "THAT" is where I am learning to control him better without him becoming a stinker during the "controling process".

I hope this clarifies my statement further and clarifies any misconception anyone who reads it has. Writing things online can be taken several different ways. It is always hard to interp. a writers meaning or intentions of a statement due to the lack of body language that goes with communication. Perhaps my "never say never" example wasn't a good one, but it is one that sticks in my mind most. What I used to say vs. what I say now.

I have edited my post to make sure I am coming across the way I intended.

GoofMaul

moriah said:
I hope this clarifies my statement further and clarifies any misconception anyone who reads it has. Writing things online can be taken several different ways. It is always hard to interp. a writers meaning or intentions of a statement due to the lack of body language that goes with communication. Perhaps my "never say never" example wasn't a good one, but it is one that sticks in my mind most. What I used to say vs. what I say now.

Thanks moriah. Yes, sorry for misinterpretting. I think your never say never example was a perfect one. Thanks for sharing.

masterv

GoofMaul said:
masterv, I am picking on your quote because I found it to be offensive to me, but please take this as constructive criticism. :wave:

That's O.K. I can take "constructive" criticism.

GoofMaul said:
There are plenty of courteous people out there. I think people forget that when they deal with a few rude people. Think of how many people that you pass throughout the day. Ones following the rules and not making a scene and I bet that they by far out number the bad ones, but we always tend to let the bad ones make the impressions.

Then I guess I'm just a very unlucky person because I feel like I deal with rude people on a daily basis. Wal-Mart, Restaurants, Movie Theaters, etc. are just a few of the places I have to deal with these people. I agree there are nice people in this world. But it seems, according to what I experience here in my town, that people are becoming more and more rude and less and less courteous. It's like the whole world revolves around them. Even at 34 I still say "Yes Mame" and "Thank you". I let an older person sit down on the bus in my place. But the attitude I see from others is "Give me this now". I don't deliberitly go on a quest to find rude people. They just somehow find me. Some may say, "Try to look on the bright side" and most often I do that. But it doesn't mean you still don't get frustrated by it. Especially when it happens over and over and over and over and over and over again.

GoofMaul said:
Again, there are many kids that aren't loud and obnoxious, but yet it is the ones making a scene that draw attention. And corporal punishment (spanking) doesn't work as a method either if not used properly. It is not about what you use so much as the consitency and control (i.e. keeping your own temper). I do agree that many parents try to appease their children and be their friend and when this happens the child is in control. You can still show your child love and maintain control. I think one of the biggest problems facing our society today and the main reason for this thread is that parenting skills are not being past down from generation to generation anymore so there are many parents that don't have a clue how to properly parent, which is the reason shows like "Super Nanny" are popular.

I couldn't agree anymore with what you have written. I think most parents don't have the skills they need. However, I think too many use Sesame Street on T.V. as a babysitter and don't try to learn. Maybe they just don't know better. Then again I don't think some people (not all) know the full responsibility of having and raising a child. Oh sure it seems like fun having a kid. But too many people don't understand they are a lot of work. It's not like having a puppy or a kitten. Being a parent is a 24 hour a day 365 days a year job (with little or no vacation time).

Goofmaul said:
I was once one of those people that thought I would be a really good parent because I too had a niece and nephew that my wife and I let stay over all the time and we even took them to WDW with us. But, being lent kids for a little while is much different than raising your own. I am sure you will not listen to this and will have your own ideas formed for a retort before I finish writing this, but someday after you have your own child you may understand.

Why wouldn't I not listen to you?!? Do you know me in real life or do you just assume I won't listen? Actually, I've read everything you have written and have even agreed on most of your points. No. I don't have kids yet. Yes. I understand every child is different. But I DO KNOW a lot about myself, have worked with kids and have training to work with kids, and think I'll do alright when I finally have some of my own. What I don't like is the whole, "You dont' have kids so you can't possibly understand" excuse anytime I interject any comments. I'm not an expert on politics but it doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it. I'm not saying that my opinion is law. It's just my own thoughts, beliefs, ideas, etc. and a person can take it or leave it.

What I find amusing is all the pro-stroller people getting so hot and bothered by this issue. If you want to have a 12 year old in a stroller by all means, stroll away. I'm assuming the creater of this post was just venting his opinions about stroller use. He has just as much right to complain about strollers as you have to praise strollers. It's just a forum people. Please don't take this stuff too seriously.

TINKERLOR

No Sen, I didn't respond defensively because my kids have behavioral problems. I am defensive because I am sick of people criticizing parents for putting their kids in strollers!!!! I am not my kids buddy I am my kids parent. My kids don't act up in stores, rides, shows, parades. My kids stay right next to me and behave VERY WELL!!!!!!! For getting to the parks early and staying late 5 days my kids did VERY VERY WELL and I saw plenty of kids that acted the same like mine and you know what I didn't see a lot of kids behaving badly or acting up - I saw more adults doing that!!!!!

TINKERLOR

Ok shoppingnut - my kids both are VERY petite not overweight, my kids have chores, exercise daily and yes I do consider myself a little more knowledgeable about kids and what their needs are than someone with no kids!!!!!!! My kids are not rude and don't throw fits.

nibblesandbits

moriah said:
If you see a parent making a mistake or doing something that you don't like, do as you said, definatly do things different with your children should you chose to have them someday. That is what I do. I also see parents handling situations rather well , and I too make note of that (their method).

Just to clarify: I don't think that you have to have kids to have good ideas on parenting, nor do I feel that parentless people's perceptions on things they see is wrong or right. I am just making the point to never say never. I learned that from my newest little blessing.... my little boy who is coming onto 2. I said that I would never have a problem controling my "wild/energetic/delightful" child, but my son proves to be a challange to me. I love that he is full of energy and his delight is amazing. Even though he isn't misbehaving, not all situations are appropriate for that "energy".

My daughter tends to not be so much of a energetic/wild child(lol) as my son is. She is active, but she has always been (for the most part) able to "de-energize" when the situation calls. "My" boy can have a lot of energy (at least compared to my daughter)!!!!! I am sure I will get looks with him, though probably because I am trying to control his "happy delightful bursts of energy to make it better fit the situation. He is 21 months and WOW..... I love him and he is a sweetheart, but wowy.. he can be a stinker to control when his "happy" energy isn't appropriate (like standing in line). I am learning how to handle him though and keep him under control and teach him manners. It is hard work, but I love him enough to keep working on top of it with him. Having "my" little boy has opened an all new understanding for me on parents especially with CHILDREN with high energy levels. They can be a handful to control. Parents trying to control their child is one thing, but it is, however, ignorant parents that I can't tolerate.

Oh, I also have to remember to keep it in mind that while at WDW especially (given the large amount of children), some kids have behavioral problems no matter what the parent does (medically speaking). I bet a few kids with that disability are also at Disney World. A lot of children with disabilities go to Disney, and not all the kids look abnormal. Perhaps the behavior "is" the child calm down. Who knows...... I guess, for me, I expect to see out of control children (for whatever reason they are being out of control) anywhere I go. I try not to let things going on around me destroy my family's vaction to WDW. And, just the same, I will keep my kids under control (and my stroller driving) so I or my family doesn't destroy someone elses vaction. So, if you ever go to WDW, and you see a Mother walking out of the park with her child screaming and kicking her... that is me, taking my child home due to his behavior.....lol.... NO matter how much I spent to be at the park that day..It is still not worth letting my child get away with being a stinker. Besides, I am sure an hour after we get back to the hotel room, my child will be more than happy to cooperate the next time which is priceless.

But, to me, really, if my only complaints about my WDW vacation was some out of control kids and kids "too old" to be in strollers, than my vacation was an outstanding vacation. Here's to many many more successful WDW Vacations....
Yes, but Moriah, there is just one difference.

You watch after your kids and at least try to make them behave which is the mark of a good mother.

I think a lot of the grievence is with parents who don't watch their children and who allow them to do whatever they want and think that's ok, when in reality it's not.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
GoofMaul said:
Thanks moriah. Yes, sorry for misinterpretting. I think your never say never example was a perfect one. Thanks for sharing.

Thank for noticing my "communication flaw" in what I was trying to come across as saying. :) Have a GREAT day!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
nibblesandbits said:
Yes, but Moriah, there is just one difference.

I think a lot of the grievence is with parents who don't watch their children and who allow them to do whatever they want and think that's ok, when in reality it's not.

I gotcha now, and I most defiantly agree. Have a Great day :wave: :D

GoofMaul

masterv said:
Why wouldn't I not listen to you?!? Do you know me in real life or do you just assume I won't listen? Actually, I've read everything you have written and have even agreed on most of your points. No. I don't have kids yet. Yes. I understand every child is different. But I DO KNOW a lot about myself, have worked with kids and have training to work with kids, and think I'll do alright when I finally have some of my own. What I don't like is the whole, "You dont' have kids so you can't possibly understand" excuse anytime I interject any comments. I'm not an expert on politics but it doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it. I'm not saying that my opinion is law. It's just my own thoughts, beliefs, ideas, etc. and a person can take it or leave it.

You are right. I should not assume. But, I do so because of so many people without kids not believing people with, that raising a child is much more difficult than it looks. They think we just aren't doing it right, which is very frustrating to listen to the advice of someone who hasn't done it. It is a lot easier said than done. We have friends that would give us advice all the time, her mother is a speech pathologist that works with children so this makes her an "expert" so she thinks. Anyway, they had a child a few months ago and are struggling with the lack of sleep and when she gets fussy. Is it wrong to feel some satisfaction in watching them struggle just like the rest of us. Anyway, it is not that we don't value your opinion, you may be very good with kids, like you said we don't really know you. But, what people with kids do know is how relentless kids can be. They will test every point to see if they can find a in the armor and that is why I say consistency is so important.

I very much agree, at WDW specifically, with the person that said that most kids misbehaving may be due to lack of sleep, but I also think that to some degree there are as many of you have suggested parents that don't watch their kids at all. I know a few of those types of people myself. No one should ever have to tell someone elses child to get off their coffee table :animwink: And they are the people that I think most people scorn here and rightly so.

shoppingnut

TINKERLOR said:
Ok shoppingnut - my kids both are VERY petite not overweight, my kids have chores, exercise daily and yes I do consider myself a little more knowledgeable about kids and what their needs are than someone with no kids!!!!!!! My kids are not rude and don't throw fits.

So your kids aren't overweight and do exercise, but that isn't always the case and it is quite clear that it IS a problem here in the US. If it weren't a problem, why would schools be taking out all items that are fattening from vending machines, programs to increase parents awareness of needed exercise and eating properly, and kids joining Weight Watchers. When I went to school there were hardly any kids that were overweight and vending machines had all the bad things it them back then. It is a fact is that we here in the US are more overweight than any other nation.

Just because you have kids doesn't always mean you are more knowledgeable and broad generalizations are never good to make because someone always finds it insulting and inaccurate when applied to them. Are the child abusers more knowledgeable because they have kids, clearly not. Do you know what my 12 yr old nephews needs are, I doubt it, but I certainly do because I spend time with him and have taken him on several trips to WDW without his family. You may be knowledgeable about what your kids need, but that doesn't mean you know what other kids need unless you've spent time with them.

Senderella

shoppingnut said:
So your kids aren't overweight and do exercise, but that isn't always the case and it is quite clear that it IS a problem here in the US. If it weren't a problem, why would schools be taking out all items that are fattening from vending machines, programs to increase parents awareness of needed exercise and eating properly, and kids joining Weight Watchers. When I went to school there were hardly any kids that were overweight and vending machines had all the bad things it them back then. It is a fact is that we here in the US are more overweight than any other nation.

Just because you have kids doesn't always mean you are more knowledgeable and broad generalizations are never good to make because someone always finds it insulting and inaccurate when applied to them. Are the child abusers more knowledgeable because they have kids, clearly not. Do you know what my 12 yr old nephews needs are, I doubt it, but I certainly do because I spend time with him and have taken him on several trips to WDW without his family. You may be knowledgeable about what your kids need, but that doesn't mean you know what other kids need unless you've spent time with them.

You took the words out of my mouth shoppingnut. I also wanted to add to Tinkerlor: Ok.. it's obvious nobody is talking about you or your kids so chill out. If this is something close to your heart, fine, but you've no business (nor does ANYONE else) jumping down people's throats because they've posted something you disagree with. There's nothing wrong with a little CONTROLLED educated debate. Nobody said "Man.. Tinkerlor must be a nutcase. Her kids are holy terrors and theyre X old and X old and theyre still in strollers. That's insane!". :rolleyes: The way you lashed out originally because of a few posts here was unnecessary. There's been a lot of it going on, and it's ALL unnecessary.

CHILL OUT PEOPLE & REMEMBER THE MAGIC!!!

masterv

GoofMaul said:
You are right. I should not assume. But, I do so because of so many people without kids not believing people with, that raising a child is much more difficult than it looks. They think we just aren't doing it right, which is very frustrating to listen to the advice of someone who hasn't done it. It is a lot easier said than done. We have friends that would give us advice all the time, her mother is a speech pathologist that works with children so this makes her an "expert" so she thinks.

Of course raising a child is difficult. Did we think it was going to be easy. :D And that's my point EVERYONE including parents think they are an "expert" with kids. But I believe A LOT of parents could be doing a better job. Nibbleandbits hit it right on the head. It's one thing if parents are trying but it's another when parents just don't seen to care. Case in point, the wife and I went to see X-Men 3 and some kid kept kicking our seat behind us. I turned around and shot the parent a look and they gave me this "what's the big deal" look back. The kid kept kicking until I stood up and the parent finally said some sarcastic remark to his kid about not bothering us. And guess what? Now this kid is going to grow up (most likely) with his parents belief that it's O.K. to bother people. He'll have kids someday and pass on the same poor attitude and the cycle will continue and continue. That's my point!

Thanks GoofMaul for keeping this debate civil unlike some pro-strollers who are going to have a brain blood vessel burst because they are so hopping mad over the subject.

TINKERLOR

Ok - this is all I have to say on this subject - my kids are good kids, they mind what I say, they love the Disney Magic, I don't know everything about kids, but I do know my kids and everything about them! If I or anyone chooses to put their kid in a stroller - so be it. Who cares what people think. I am there for the MAGICAL experience and so are my kids and I am not going to let anyone ruin that for me or them! Each time I have been at Disney me and my family have been considerate of each other and everyone around us - that's all we can ask of anyone.

Have a magical day!!!!!!

GoofMaul

Senderella said:
There's nothing wrong with a little CONTROLLED educated debate.

I think this is a very touchy topic because you are discussing children and if you are describing actions that someone or their children do it is easy to see how they can get offended. For instance, if I said people who wear red shirts are lazy and you happen to be wearing a red shirt would you be offended? I think most people would, although they may dismiss the comment they would still be offended by it. Now, you are throwing children in the mix by saying these children in strollers are just lazy. Now you've just called someones child lazy. And most parents will defend their children much faster than themselves. Its just a maternal instinct (and I don't only mean mothers her but fathers as well).

Dragonrider1227

Last time I was there, there I didn't see alot of bad kids, but I do agree that parents arn't parenting enough anymore and it's sad and very maddening. Problem with parents now is that rather than become better parents, they'll complain to someone else about a problem and make THEM fix it or if you ask a parent why they're letting their kids do something wrong, they'll whip right at you and be all like "ARE YOU TELLING ME HOW TO RAISE MY KIDS?" and crap like that. :mad: Half the fun of WDW is watching the kids and their reactions but kids like these take that away.

shoppingnut

TINKERLOR said:
Ok - this is all I have to say on this subject - my kids are good kids, they mind what I say, they love the Disney Magic, I don't know everything about kids, but I do know my kids and everything about them! If I or anyone chooses to put their kid in a stroller - so be it. Who cares what people think. I am there for the MAGICAL experience and so are my kids and I am not going to let anyone ruin that for me or them! Each time I have been at Disney me and my family have been considerate of each other and everyone around us - that's all we can ask of anyone.

Have a magical day!!!!!!

Totally agree. Have a magical day too!!!

shoppingnut

masterv said:
Case in point, the wife and I went to see X-Men 3 and some kid kept kicking our seat behind us. I turned around and shot the parent a look and they gave me this "what's the big deal" look back. The kid kept kicking until I stood up and the parent finally said some sarcastic remark to his kid about not bothering us.

I had a similar problem on a flight where the child was kicking my seat and I calmly turned and said to such child that he needed to stop kicking my seat. The father sat there and said nothing, but when the he started to kick the seat again the father told the child to stop it, that it was not right. Fortunately, the father knew he needed to address it, otherwise he knew he was going to be dealing with me directly. I paid just as much for my airline seat and if you want to let your child kick the seat in front of him, well then you should have paid for the extra seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom