April trips canceled by Disney?

DarkMetroid567

Potus wants the country back in business by April 12. People have to understand the virus will be around for a year or more. We can't shut down the economy. We have to work or the world just falls apart.

it doesn't take a genius to understand that the economy is still hurt if a lot of people are put out of work or die

Simba’s Mom

I don’t go again until September. Hopefully the world will be right again.

I hope you're right. And I'll be there celebrating at WDW with you in September. I predict it will be crowded, but at this point, that's OK.
Just in case, though, I've been very hesitant to think about ADRs and FP+s yet.

BubbaisSleep

We've pretty much made the decision to move our May trip to the last week of October. Disappointing at first, but excited by the fact we haven't been during Halloween or for Food and Wine.
I had to do this 2 years ago and it was a great surprise. Also, if you do end up going to water parks they're most likely empty during October. Volcano Bay was brand new on my visit and empty which made it a very pleasant first experience.

Last edited:

Rob562

Universal Orlando has extended their closure through April 19th. Wouldn't surprise me if Disney follows suit in the next day or two. (Acutally surprised they didn't already come out with an announcement this evening, since the two companies' initial announcements were only hours apart.)

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would you mind just posting links in this thread pertaining to the impact on WDW? Thanks :)

Last edited:

EngineerMom

My trip for April 7-14 is still showing, although I know deep down in my gut I won’t be going (my daughter is going to be crushed, it’s her senior trip). I’m just waiting until the end of the month when they release a formal extension of the closure before I cancel. Ugh, We were so looking forward to this trip.
We are the same. We have a trip in April that is my daughter's senior year trip so I have been holding off cancelling even though I know we won't be able to go.

Our trip is April 12th and it has not been cancelled by Disney yet

Last edited:

Kimi0427

I do not see any benefit of Disney mass canceling a bunch of coming reservations. Even if they know the park is not going to be open, they hold onto those reservation deposits for as long as possible. Another reason they are not announcing closure length because thing can always be lifted and like a run on the bank, they want to make interest off of all of the money they can hold onto as long as possible.
Although Disney has made no formal announcement on whether the parks are reopening at the end of the month, Orange County which Disney is located in is under a mandatory stay at home order starting Thursday march 26th - April 9th. Since disney is not considered an essential work place per that order I don’t see them reopening before the end of that.

My trip for April 7-14 is still showing, although I know deep down in my gut I won’t be going (my daughter is going to be crushed, it’s her senior trip). I’m just waiting until the end of the month when they release a formal extension of the closure before I cancel. Ugh, We were so looking forward to this trip.

Can you postpone instead of canceling?

My wife is a teacher. Anyone who thinks they are not working right now isn't paying attention. She's working harder now than when she is in the classroom. And that was already pretty darned hard.
Exactly! My daughter is a school teacher and is at home however, she is working harder than ever. Emails constantly from the kids and parents. UGH!

MagicRat

I just called DVC about a glitch when modifying an Aulani reservation. I learned that although the system allows you to go to the last step of modifying Aulani for another resort, it actually will fail because you cannot Modify Aulani or Gand California for another resort.

That was interesting enough but what I took most from the conversation is that if you are on the verge of losing points from 2020 and a reservation is canceled because of the virus, at this point they are gone. She literally said someone just lost 4000 points. That blows me away.

I know I read a thread somewhere that was going to be the fear but WOW!

celluloid

Although Disney has made no formal announcement on whether the parks are reopening at the end of the month, Orange County which Disney is located in is under a mandatory stay at home order starting Thursday march 26th - April 9th. Since disney is not considered an essential work place per that order I don’t see them reopening before the end of that.

Never said they would reopen then, but they will keep the money as long as they can. The same way when you cancel something there is processing time, the company looks better the more money they can hold onto.

Last edited:

tinker-ella

reportedly guest reservations made for early April are being removed from the My Disney Experience app. anyone out here experince it yet? my June trip is still on there.
We have reservations for 4/1 to 4/10, at Coronado. I just checked My Plans on MDE, and it's still there. Also the original closure dates till the end of March are still there also. I guess it will take awhile to get updated. We were going to cancel anyway. :(

Rob562

I just called DVC about a glitch when modifying an Aulani reservation. I learned that although the system allows you to go to the last step of modifying Aulani for another resort, it actually will fail because you cannot Modify Aulani or Gand California for another resort.

That was interesting enough but what I took most from the conversation is that if you are on the verge of losing points from 2020 and a reservation is canceled because of the virus, at this point they are gone. She literally said someone just lost 4000 points. That blows me away.

I know I read a thread somewhere that was going to be the fear but WOW!

I can kind of understand that with DVC, since it's a deeded real estate holding and they're forced to operate within the boundaries of the master timeshare contracts. Total, extended closure is likely something that was never foreseen or planned for.

Depending on how long this goes on for perhaps there's a way to alter the master deed, extend the end-date of all contracts by a set amount to add capacity back into the system to be able to restore those points. But doing so would be quite an endeavor, if it's even possible. Likely requiring DVC to file with the state and owners voting on the change. (Or however DVC owners have a say in maintenance fees and capital expenditures. O only have experience with my parents' traditional timeshare condo)

-Rob

Plowboy

We cancelled a late May trip. No sense wasting time making fast passes for a trip that may never happen. It's also the highest rate I've ever paid for Pop (~$180) and I don't see Disney reaching out to loyal customers with incentives. Disney raised their rates and now they don't know what to do. We'll just save our time and money for now.
I've noticed the same thing. It's as if POP has become the "new" moderate. I think part of it may be due to the Skyliner. We cancelled our April 17 trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom