April trips canceled by Disney?

richiejv

I'm due out in September so I'm a long way off losing hope yet.

Main thing right now is everyone trying to stay healthy. I'm in London (which is eerily quiet) and there are so many people doing stupid things like gathering in markets, parks, things like that. Thousands of people would be in pubs if they hadn't been closed last Friday. A lockdown is probably the best thing to happen to us. Hopefully we'll be in for a very boring two months but then be able to loosen things up after that.

Stay safe all.

Last edited by a moderator:

skiir97

Based on what has happened in China when they had their first case and now they have no new ones, I'd guess it will sometime in early May, or about four months after we had our first case here.

China was literally locking people in their homes. The US still has a large amount of the population not giving a ****. Basing the timeline off what happened in China is a mistake.

Last edited:

Herdman

China was literally locking people in their homes. The US still has a large amount of the population not giving a Basing the timeline off what happened in China is a mistake.
Yes, but by the time they did that it was much more out of control than it was here. They tried to cover it up within their own country for weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas84

Well I've said since last week that with the CDC recommending 8 weeks that Disney wasn't opening until mid May.
Not sure why they won't announce it yet they'll cancel a mid April race and now start cancelling reservations instead of contacting guests and telling them they need to cancel/rebook.
They cancelled the race early because of the medical staff that is required.

ThatMouse

We cancelled a late May trip. No sense wasting time making fast passes for a trip that may never happen. It's also the highest rate I've ever paid for Pop (~$180) and I don't see Disney reaching out to loyal customers with incentives. Disney raised their rates and now they don't know what to do. We'll just save our time and money for now.

MickeyLuv'r

It's OK to hope that your trip will happen. I think it's kind of rotten to just cancel people's trips without any sort of notification. I think most if not all of us realize that early April trips will not happen but it's still not cool when they are officially still stating April 1 the parks will be reopen.

We have a 2nd week of May trip planned (not Disney but still in the area) and we are holding out hope it will happen. Vacations are what people use to cope with stress and hard times. For those of us in quarantine the hope that we'll have somewhere to go when we get out is holding us together.

We are currently under shelter in place until April 7 which is a week longer than they first told us. I pray by then we have more data and these medications they are trying do their thing.

So let us hope, stop spreading false information and negativity. We aren't all going to die 99% of us will be alive when this is over and we need lives to go back to!

1. Personally, I doubt pretty much everything I read on the internet, or at least everything I read in a forum. Trolls exist. Maybe this is happening, maybe it isn't. I try not get too upset at something that might only maybe be happening.

2. I don't know why automated cancelations are all that bad. If you gave me a choice between an instant automated refund or having to wait on hold for 90+minutes, I'd personally choose automated refund any day.

3. We don't really know how this is going to play out. Hoping for a vacation is fine, as long as we don't become obsessed about it happening in these in certain times.

There's a middle road between all doom and always assuming everything is always going to come up roses. Now is not the time to seek either extreme. Now is the time to be level headed. Hope for the best, but prepare for the possibility that we might all take a hit of one kind or another.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
With thousands upon thousands of reservations in question, I think Disney will announce closures in small increments, even if the end date they have planned is months away. I can't imagine their systems would be able to handle the crush of callers, or website modifications if they announced a closure until Memorial Day (for example). That's just my feeling. Could be right, could be wrong.

The Mighty Tim

Remaining optimistic, yesterday we sorted our ADRs for our September trip.

My concern is that the parks might be open, but with airlines and travel restrictions, we might not actually be able to get there. At least, not easily.

Shouldigo12

I kinda hope, when this is over, depending on the severity of how it plays out, that everyone's first impulse isn't to immediately run out and splurge on a very expensive personal vacation.
I'm feeling called out right now. ;)
On a more serious note though, I agree. I know everyone is going a bit stir crazy, but the worst thing I think we could all do once this starts to settle is start travelling all over the country again. It's why I'm hoping when WDW does reopen, it's strictly to Florida residents for a little while.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Potus wants the country back in business by April 12. People have to understand the virus will be around for a year or more. We can't shut down the economy. We have to work or the world just falls apart.

Over in the thread about CV, the point is made over and over and over again, it's about flattening the curve otherwise when the time comes for someone in your family who needs a respirator and there are none left, you'll be hopping mad that they didn't keep the lock down going on longer.

Once we get past the hump where the health system isn't overwhelmed, we can go about our businesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom