April 11, 2019. Investor day

Cmdr_Crimson

Are there plans to have Disney+ giftcards similar to Hulu and Netflix down the road? I wouldn't mind this as long as I can do a year long subscription this way on the safer side similar to Playstation Plus..

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here's the back of the cover. Notice the Fox logo on the bottom? And not to mention the program content copyright?
View attachment 363704

Even if WB still owns home video and merchandising rights, they still don't have the show itself. In fact, current airings of the series still have the 20th TV vanity plate at the end, so I'm pretty sure Disney, through Fox, owns the series still. One has to assume they own streaming rights as well, unless we're told otherwise.

Maybe you're right or maybe you're not. And if you are it'll come to one of the services eventually. Its probably not a priority to them that its offered day one, they have thousand of other titles to choose from. From the sounds of it all services will have plenty of content day one, so better to save some to slowly be released year two and beyond.

BrianLo

Weird either i'm blind or I dont see Avatar there.

Here's one @MisterPenguin posted earlier that has Avatar on it

1555022223547-png.363600

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Those questions sucked.

I would have asked about their plan to acquire the remaining shares of Hulu, especially given both Mayer and Iger mentioned the complications with expanding and using the same technology because they would need the approval of the board and because Comcast and ATT have equity in the JV.

Are there plans to have Disney+ giftcards similar to Hulu and Netflix down the road? I wouldn't mind this as long as I can do a year long subscription this way on the safer side similar to Playstation Plus..

99.9% sure it'll use the current Disney Gift Cards that you can buy pretty much anywhere.

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

I dont think family guy fits their whole PG13 thing with Disney+ it will probably be on Hulu but isn't also airing on freeform?

Freeform is cable, hulu is streaming, but yeah.

Family Guy, American Dad should go to Hulu
Futurama should go to Disney+ though if the Simpons made it.

Darkprime

You know what would be cool? If Disney+ had a r rated section (alien,die-hard,deadpool) etc that parents could password protect but I doubt it would happen cause Hulu.

Tanna Eros

I believe one of the slides had some of the classic ones up there, though I don't imagine the new shorts will be up there given they're on YouTube nowadays.
It's so much easier to watch all the new Mickeys on the Disney channel on demand, though, and I can run the series more easily through my TV. I love the new Mickeys. I love the old Goofy "how to" cartoons, though I'll admit a few, like "How to stop smoking" will be omitted, I'm sure.

seascape

Original Poster
Disney is setting a low bar on subscribers. There is no way they don't blow those estimated numbers out of the water. I also expect Hulu to make a major push into stealing cable TV customers away from the cable companies.

Mouse Trap

Disney is setting a low bar on subscribers. There is no way they don't blow those estimated numbers out of the water. I also expect Hulu to make a major push into stealing cable TV customers away from the cable companies.

The Disney team is being very conservatively smart with this so as to not disappoint investors, or they're lowballing profitability metrics, so as to surprise investors with "early" profitability. We've seen what happens when stocks such as Netflix or Spotify miss subscriber estimates and it's never pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom