April 11, 2019. Investor day

Indy_UK

I thought their numbers were quite bullish. 90 million in 5 years. Netflix is only sitting on 135 million or so aren't they. Combined with Hulu and ESPN they'll surpass that eventually

Janir

So Hulu
I agree with this random CNBC analyst dude that they won't announce pricing today for strategic reasons, but most analyst expect Disney+ price to be between 5.99 and 7.99 by itself, so they could go aggressive and do something like:

Disney+ and ESPN+ and Hulu (ads) = $15/month
Disney+ and ESPN+ and Hulu (ad free) = $19/month
Disney+ and ESPN+ and Hulu (LiveTV) = $55/month

With a 5-10% discount if you sign up for a year. That would get a lot of people signing up. If they want to be conservative, then just add a few bucks to each of the figures above.
So Hulu ad free for $12 and Disney+ for $6 = $18 As I don't want the ESPN, separately still works out cheaper than their bundle.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Disney is setting a low bar on subscribers. There is no way they don't blow those estimated numbers out of the water. I also expect Hulu to make a major push into stealing cable TV customers away from the cable companies.

They are being conservative with all of their numbers. If ESPN+ keeps adding and expanding, there's no way they don't reach 8-12MM customers way before FY2024.

I thought their numbers were quite bullish. 90 million in 5 years. Netflix is only sitting on 135 million or so aren't they. Combined with Hulu and ESPN they'll surpass that eventually

60 to 90MM. It's also way cheaper (even if it gets a price hike later on). Combined with ESPN and Hulu they expect the floor to be 60+40+8 by FY 2024 and the ceiling to be 90+65+12. Those are conservative estimates IMHO.

Indy_UK

It seems that they really aren't too willing to push Hulu internationally until they can get full ownership.

It seems they have Disney+ pretty much planned and go the content it needs but Hulu however can be a Huge draw internationally if they can really bolster the offering and get it rolled out.

I think I was expecting more from Hulu but like I said, maybe Disney won't push it too much until they own the whole thing

Janir

Just like Pixar, 2 are because of rights, 1 because of window.

TLJ leaves Netflix 01/26/2020
Solo leaves Netflix 07/9/2020
Episode IX will come in due time

I wonder how much they paid Turner to get everything else back early. Quite possibly a hefty sum + some Marvel movies (especially sicne there are a fair amount of Marvel movies missing that shouldn't be).
Not so much as paid to get back "early", as Disney Co knew Disney+ was in the pipeline so their contract term was negotiated shorter than they'd normally have done. Not Like Netflix had much choice. Here's the deal, take it or we go with Amazon, or Hulu for the short term.

Janir

Yeah, rather bullish. The ESPN numbers we're taken right out of FantasyLand. They are hoping to get the ESPN numbers up by offering ESPN ans a extremely low cost add on in bundles. They will see a bump with bundles but not those numbers.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yeah, rather bullish. The ESPN numbers we're taken right out of FantasyLand. They are hoping to get the ESPN numbers up by offering ESPN ans a extremely low cost add on in bundles. They will see a bump with bundles but not those numbers.
You really think 8-12M for ESPN in 5 years is fantasy?

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Not so much as paid to get back "early", as Disney Co knew Disney+ was in the pipeline so their contract term was negotiated shorter than they'd normally have done. Not Like Netflix had much choice. Here's the deal, take it or we go with Amazon, or Hulu for the short term.

I'm talking about Turner. Disney paid to get the SW streaming rights back from them early. Those weren't going to expire until 2024. They possibly bought distribution rights to Clone Wars 2008 movies at the same time as well.

seascape

Original Poster
The public voted today and Disney Plus is a winner. I can't believe I made 13% today on my Disney stock. This was especially great since on Saturday I renewed my Annual Pass. No worries, the stock increase more than covered the cost and my vacations for the year.

VJ

Don't count on it. Celebration is having a separate panel on The Mandalorian Sunday morning. (Scored me some tix to that! Woot!)
I guess Mandalorian was wishful thinking on my part! Guaranteed to have some footage at the panel though, there's no doubting that.

Indy_UK

Crazy how Disney+, Disneys biggest investment and move for the company in years gets a few pages of discussion on here but the main parks forums gets thousands of pages just about the size of the GOTG building or Disney banning loose ice?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Crazy how Disney+, Disneys biggest investment and move for the company in years gets a few pages of discussion on here but the main parks forums gets thousands of pages just about the size of the GOTG building or Disney banning loose ice?
Most only come here for the Parks news, rumors, and discussions. They don't care about the overall company like some of us.

However just know that there are a few other threads in different areas of the forums. So it is getting discussed elsewhere on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom