Appalling state of the monorail cabins

dstrawn9889

ok, how about... have you been rained on? you know that rain does not condense around itself, right? there has to be some particulate for it to condense around... dirt, sand, faecal matter... anything will do

rucifee

ok, how about... have you been rained on? you know that rain does not condense around itself, right? there has to be some particulate for it to condense around... dirt, sand, faecal matter... anything will do

Whatever you need to believe to justify your point in your mind, it matters not to me what you want to drink.

fngoofy

So has the monorail cabins gotten better or still hasn't changed?
We were just down last week of Sept., they looked good. We road them in and out of MK from Poly on 3 occasions and from MK to EP on one. No complaints, they looked good.

I do wish they would add info screens to tell you "No flash photography on rides", "Please be nice", "The 3:00pm parade is at..."

JoeCamel

Ask @Goofyernmost , he will tell you they smell like a spring day in the woods and are immaculate but every other soul on these boards will tell the truth that they stink, have stains and wear and seem to be the same as an inner city bus but he sees none of this. Remember he used to drive a bus

mikejs78

Premium Member
Ask @Goofyernmost , he will tell you they smell like a spring day in the woods and are immaculate but every other soul on these boards will tell the truth that they stink, have stains and wear and seem to be the same as an inner city bus but he sees none of this. Remember he used to drive a bus

Are you sure that's still the case? I've heard they were refurbed recently (as in the last couple of months...)

RSoxNo1

Meanwhile in Tokyo they have holiday themed handles.
TokyoMonorail1.jpg

https://twitter.com/guyselga/status/927001236322189312

Clamman73

I was on them the whole week...they were fine, but same old rickety monorails. Red had some issues on the Epcot line which needed a restart. Forgot which one, but certainly needed to go to the paint shop. They are old as a whole and I don't expect them to run as new out of the factory.
One annoying thing was the CMs having people fill the space furthest towards the cab first when waiting.

Kman101

As of a couple weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find them clean, in good repair and devoid of any funky smells.

That's how I've found most of them to be lately. They're actually in better shape than they used to be. Some are cleaned on the outside, they've been working on the AC, they've replaced the carpeting on the 'wall' ... they've absolutely made an effort to improve them, not that they should have let them get bad to begin with but I don't agree they're just as bad as they had been in the past.

I still feel like they need entirely new monorails, or to completely rebuild what they have.

Kman101

They still stink, the bulk of the refurb is paint and decals

I didn't notice any smell anymore but that doesn't mean a few monorails don't still have it. But to say they're as bad as they were, I don't believe that's true. Believe me, if they were trashed I'd say it but they've made an effort lately to improve them. Sure, they should have always been kept in good condition but I'll still give them credit for finally doing something about them. But I know that some can't and don't see it the way I do. We need to acknowledge that they've improved something, even if it's what they should have been doing all along.

We still need a whole new fleet. But paint, new carpets, and that some actually look white again on the outside is an improvement.

COProgressFan

Are you sure that's still the case? I've heard they were refurbed recently (as in the last couple of months...)

Some of them have undergone refurbs, but some have not. It's really just a toss-up depending on which train you get. I will say it was quite unpleasant getting on some trains this past August where the AC wasn't working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom