Appalling state of the monorail cabins

JasonP

This is Monorail yellow right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 242

Rutt

There is no evidence of a new trend. do you applaud the guy who is always late for at least eventually showing up? Do you think showing up is a sign that there will be no more tardiness?
Absolutely I would, and I would hope that it would encourage them to do it again.

If your child failed twelve tests in a row, and then aced one, would you congratulate them on the pass or just ignore it and complain about how many they failed before?

Rutt

It looks like mold or grease or something coming out between the seems in the plastic.
I'm struggling to see mold there? I tried zooming in using photoshop (do other people still use that?). Not saying it not there but I don't know. Grease I would kind of expect there I guess.

rob0519

Sorry, but I have to agree that the condition of the cabins on the monorail have been on a downhill trend for years. If the original pictures are from two years ago, you know the wear and tear started well before 2013. Yes, I understand how many people ride these cars each day. Yes, I understand how many hours these cars are in use each day. No, other than sheer greed and mis-management I do not understand how a company who built a reputation on quality can allow one of it's iconic features, to be presented looking and smelling dirty and with sometimes non-working air conditioning each day. It appears the longer it is left this way, the sooner the public will start to accept this mess as the new normal and management gets off the hook. As long as people keep showing up who cares how much they complain.

chiefs11

I think the pictures of the Mark IVs after being removed from service @s8film40 posted a few pages back in this thread speak volumes. Somehow they managed to take good care of them up until the day they were retired. Just a matter of priorities... and $$. That's all it comes down to.

Cesar R M

Absolutely I would, and I would hope that it would encourage them to do it again.

If your child failed twelve tests in a row, and then aced one, would you congratulate them on the pass or just ignore it and complain about how many they failed before?
You're confusing a human child vs a company.
This is not a child, This is a business people pay to get service.

lazyboy97o

Aren't they running them a lot more these days. For a while you could have a 3AM closing at the MK and then the park opens back up in 6 hours. With the monorails, at the time, running 3 hours after closing and I think 3 hours before opening, you'd have no downtime.

They have backed off on that some but it still seems like they'd benefit from a few more bays and a few more trains and, yes, while I didn't mention it, you'd need to have a larger staff to work on the trains in the bays for both cleaning and repairs.
Disney is not legally required to keep the other parks closing early and only the Magic Kingdom open later.

Is that child deliberate failing tests? Disney is not a little kid struggling to understand concepts and putting them to paper. They are deliberately acting knowing the results.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom