AP Simba magnets all gone at AK

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
One year we got like six or eight renewal magnets. We just kept getting that welcome back kit for whatever reason. Some kinda glitch I guess. Lately we’ve been getting one per person though. I feel like Mickey loves me more than you...which isn’t surprising all things considered. 😎😂
As I've noted, I suppose I'm lucky the Bobs will even let me in the parks.

HauntedMansionFLA

That’s just ridiculous, why even have them if they were going to have so few? My wife will be upset. She’s got a trip planned in a week and a half specifically for the two AP magnets, Simba and Minnie.

Simba is separate from the Minnie magnet available at Epcot.
Simba was till September 5th ( while supplies last ) but she can still get Minnie ( If they don’t run out)

HauntedMansionFLA

Eh, I can’t remember if they’ve ever run out of the other magnets before and those say while supplies last too. Think they intentionally did a low run this time, not sure why tho.
So they don’t have several pallets of left over magnets that will go to waste. Someone did a good job this time around. No money wasted. I hope people don’t wait around for their wooden coasters.

Kevin_W

One year we got like six or eight renewal magnets. We just kept getting that welcome back kit for whatever reason. Some kinda glitch I guess. Lately we’ve been getting one per person though. I feel like Mickey loves me more than you...which isn’t surprising all things considered. 😎😂

Interesting, we got AP magnets last week after buying AP's right before the price change. Then yesterday... we got more AP magnets. I wonder if this will continue? :)

bclane

Interesting, we got AP magnets last week after buying AP's right before the price change. Then yesterday... we got more AP magnets. I wonder if this will continue? :)
Yeah that’s exactly what happened to us! We just kept getting them one year. I started feeling guilty after a while but then they jacked up the AP price again and I forgave myself. Lol! 😊

Kman101

I got an AP for the first time last fall -- I upgraded to one while I was already at WDW, so I hadn't gotten any of the newsletters etc that would have explained to me what the magnets were. So there I am, at Food and Wine, and my husband points at some sign and a line for Annual Passholders, and says "that's you! Get in the line!" I was like "OK...?"

So, I wait in the line, and I get to the front, and the CM asks me if it's my "first or fourth time", and I was so confused. 😆 I had no idea what he meant -- first time, like, at Disney World? Would it really be my first visit if I have an AP? First Food and Wine Festival? I didn't know. I say "What?", and he just repeats himself, which of course does not help me to understand what on earth he's talking about. I looked at him, clueless, and just said "I literally got my annual pass yesterday, and I have no idea what this line is even for." He was like "ah, OK, first time then." (They gave out what I think was a cutting board if it was your fourth visit.)

I got through the line, got my magnet, came out the other side, and my husband was like "What was it? ...oh." Hahaha, don't get me wrong, it's cute and all, but there was this big line and it's...a magnet. I didn't realize until now that they had a very limited supply (are they always like that?)

Epcot doesn't seem to run out. I think they might have on occasion but they have boxes full. I imagine castmembers are helping themselves to make a buck or they're giving away tons. But I often see them police it fairly well, so who knows?

I mean, the fact is, it's "free" and APs don't get much so I can't say I blame them for lining up for anything free. I like the magnets but I know they could and should do better. These could easily just be mailed to us if they truly wanted to give everyone a magnet.

Why not an ornament? A shirt? A mug? A pin? A park attraction poster?

HauntedMansionFLA

Epcot doesn't seem to run out. I think they might have on occasion but they have boxes full. I imagine castmembers are helping themselves to make a buck or they're giving away tons. But I often see them police it fairly well, so who knows?

I mean, the fact is, it's "free" and APs don't get much so I can't say I blame them for lining up for anything free. I like the magnets but I know they could and should do better. These could easily just be mailed to us if they truly wanted to give everyone a magnet.

Why not an ornament? A shirt? A mug? A pin? A park attraction poster?
3C59A613-49D8-4E50-8BDC-D404D6573914.png

hismattjesty

Another example of the kind of guest behaviors that drive changes in what companies are reasonably able to offer. The next time you wonder why some bit of pixie dust gets gone, remembering clicking that link today and seeing the fpcrazy had more than 40 of them to sell.

Except the ones they're selling are NOT official park issued magnets. They specifically say in the auction that it's "Fan inspired art". 208 sold as of now as well too.

Kman101

I'm gonna be honest here, I'm a little surprised that people care about these at all.

Why are you surprised? And why can't someone care about a free magnet? Just because you don't no one else should either? Then why be in this thread?

A bigger deal is made over them than necessary but I'd be annoyed too if they ran out. It's not like we get much as AP holders ... and I like the look of them. At least they're better looking than Disneyland's AP magnets.

But no, I don't go out of my way for them.

Tom Morrow

Why are you surprised? And why can't someone care about a free magnet? Just because you don't no one else should either? Then why be in this thread?

A bigger deal is made over them than necessary but I'd be annoyed too if they ran out. It's not like we get much as AP holders ... and I like the look of them. At least they're better looking than Disneyland's AP magnets.

But no, I don't go out of my way for them.
Let me rephrase I guess. I'm surprised that people care enough about them to make a special trip. Some people were even considering a trip just to get one when Dorian was projected to slam into Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom