AP Simba magnets all gone at AK

polynesiangirl

I got an AP for the first time last fall -- I upgraded to one while I was already at WDW, so I hadn't gotten any of the newsletters etc that would have explained to me what the magnets were. So there I am, at Food and Wine, and my husband points at some sign and a line for Annual Passholders, and says "that's you! Get in the line!" I was like "OK...?"

So, I wait in the line, and I get to the front, and the CM asks me if it's my "first or fourth time", and I was so confused. 😆 I had no idea what he meant -- first time, like, at Disney World? Would it really be my first visit if I have an AP? First Food and Wine Festival? I didn't know. I say "What?", and he just repeats himself, which of course does not help me to understand what on earth he's talking about. I looked at him, clueless, and just said "I literally got my annual pass yesterday, and I have no idea what this line is even for." He was like "ah, OK, first time then." (They gave out what I think was a cutting board if it was your fourth visit.)

I got through the line, got my magnet, came out the other side, and my husband was like "What was it? ...oh." Hahaha, don't get me wrong, it's cute and all, but there was this big line and it's...a magnet. I didn't realize until now that they had a very limited supply (are they always like that?)

bclane

I am here in AK now and they have a recovery line set up for the Simba magnets - they scan your PH card and will be mailing them to your home.
Oh great. My wife is sitting here beside me and saw your post. Looks like we’re heading back to AK today. Lol! Where is the recovery line set up? Is it at the store we were supposed to pick them up at there to the right as you are looking at the Tree of Life?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Oh great. My wife is sitting here beside me and saw your post. Looks like we’re heading back to AK today. Lol! Where is the recovery line set up? Is it at the store we were supposed to pick them up at there to the right as you are looking at the Tree of Life?
Yes, it’s at the discovery trading post store

TrainsOfDisney

I love the irony of grown adults who belong to a Disney World Internet forum questioning other grown adults for wanting a Disney world magnet ha.

I think they are fun to collect. The lithographs I have stored in some random drawer somewhere.... the magnets I put up on the fridge.

The_Jobu

Honestly, I think they should do what DL is doing for reselling and revoke their AP's due to this nonsense...It's just a magnet you get for free for being an AP holder and now those AP'ers are selling them for $50 to $60!!! That's messed up.

Are they really doing that? How do they connect the ebay accounts to the APs?

starri42

I love the irony of grown adults who belong to a Disney World Internet forum questioning other grown adults for wanting a Disney world magnet ha.
I'm not questioning wanting one, especially if it's free.

I am questioning being willing to queue up for it, and even moreso pay $60 on eBay for a tchotchke.

The_Jobu

Oh yeah! I was looking on eBay last night and realizing I should have bought one of each of the camp shirts at Mickey’s of Glendale. Would have paid for my trip! Literally.

A retro epcot t-shirt and a Georgina from Oliver and Company pin caught my eye. Here's hoping they make their way to WDW one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom