AP Refund Watch

mgf

Original Poster
Still no check. Going to have to call again. We are now approximately 6 weeks since two of my three APs refunded to my credit card.

SamusAranX

I called in again, and they said the CM told me wrong; that they are behind and mine is still in "processing".

Absolutely 100 percent awful. 3 months and counting now. Disney couldn't try any harder to push me away from buying an AP in the future (this among other reasons)

mgf

Original Poster
More info to share after my call this morning:

1) The CMs are able to see by individual passholder if the refund has processed and by what method.

2) There is a "processing" and "mailed" status. When your refund is in process there is no information about expected mail date. When it is "mailed" in the system there is a recorded mail date.

3) I was told that a batch of checks went out late last week or early this week -- and that I should probably get mine soon. I have heard this before, so I will certainly be keeping watch and calling back.

4) The CMs are incredibly nice and as helpful as they can be. I am starting to get frustrated at Disney but never at the CMs that have helped me. Some have even commented that they appreciate my positive attitude and politeness. This is not meant as a brag but as a reminder that CMs are having to work in an environment they know frustrates customers. Don't misdirect your frustrations.

If the check does not arrive soon, I am going to see how I can escalate my case within the company. I will share what - if anything - I find out about escalating.

SamusAranX

More info to share after my call this morning:

1) The CMs are able to see by individual passholder if the refund has processed and by what method.

2) There is a "processing" and "mailed" status. When your refund is in process there is no information about expected mail date. When it is "mailed" in the system there is a recorded mail date.

3) I was told that a batch of checks went out late last week or early this week -- and that I should probably get mine soon. I have heard this before, so I will certainly be keeping watch and calling back.

4) The CMs are incredibly nice and as helpful as they can be. I am starting to get frustrated at Disney but never at the CMs that have helped me. Some have even commented that they appreciate my positive attitude and politeness. This is not meant as a brag but as a reminder that CMs are having to work in an environment they know frustrates customers. Don't misdirect your frustrations.

If the check does not arrive soon, I am going to see how I can escalate my case within the company. I will share what - if anything - I find out about escalating.
Thanks I was actually getting ready to call again but I’ll wait until next Monday in case mine was in that batch referenced.

ptlohmysoul

We received our refund check earlier this week. We received an email saying that the check was in the mail the exact date we received the checks in the mail! And boy, we were pleasantly surprised as to the amount. Disney really did good refunding an Annual Pass that we didn't originally expect to get anything back since the parks are open. So glad, because I have not yet been able to breathe through a mask for longer than 5 minutes.

Amused to Death

Our passes were originally due to expire on July 29. March 16 close to July 11 re-open (although only half of the four parks and no water parks) is 117 days. Taking us through to the end of our July 29 expiration date, 19 more days, would make it a total of 136 days for us.

We paid $770.20 each via AAA Travel for our Platinum APs. That comes out to $2.11 per day, which, interestingly, Disney has never used as a measure in the past. If you've ever tried upgrading from one pass to another, you've been subjected to them telling you that because you already entered the parks X number of days, your current pass has no remaining value.

Anyway, in our case, our actual cost is $2.11 each per day.

$2.11 times 117 days would amount to a refund of $246.87 per pass. If we add the remaining 19 days on our passes, which, yes, makes sense, that's another $40.09 each, or a total of $286.96.

The amount of our refund checks? $290.73 each. No complaints out of us.

Also
, during a phone call with Disney, when we were making sure the 2nd of our two checks was coming (they ended up being a week apart), we were told that we'd be receiving an additional refund check later on for the additional month that everyone received. Again, no complaints out of us should that actually happen.

We just received the first of our two additional refund checks. This one is for $44.34. We're assuming the other one, when it arrives, will be for the same amount. This will bring us to a total of $335.07 each.

H20Babie

I can confirm this, I called again today and the CM I spoke with confirmed my cheque was mailed "recently, VERY recently". She couldn't give me a date but did say I received two refunds (which previous calls neglected to mention if they had the information): one refund back in July to my credit card and the other a cheque (which was the one I was calling about). I had no idea I had received a previous refund back to my credit card as I closed that account back in the spring.

olie64

Im still waiting on my checks...when i called they knew excately when the 8 weeks were and said it should be here by friday...which is 8 weeks from when i called the last time

mgf

Original Poster
Called this morning and politely insisted that my case be escalated. Spent about 20 minutes in mostly silence as the CM clearly was typing away on her side of things. At conclusion she told me to "definitely keep an eye out", that it will be coming in a matter of days, and to look for an envelop with tear off sides from the Walt Disney Company. I asked, "so it actually is mailing?" she said it was.

We will see. I plan to call back in two weeks if it has not arrived. They really give out frustrating little information, but I am hoping this actually got it "unstuck" in the system. I want to give a lot of grace considering the circumstances but this is month 6. Disney (not the front line folks -- they have no control here) is just really are not trying at this point.

ElvisMickey

Called this morning and politely insisted that my case be escalated. Spent about 20 minutes in mostly silence as the CM clearly was typing away on her side of things. At conclusion she told me to "definitely keep an eye out", that it will be coming in a matter of days, and to look for an envelop with tear off sides from the Walt Disney Company. I asked, "so it actually is mailing?" she said it was.

We will see. I plan to call back in two weeks if it has not arrived. They really give out frustrating little information, but I am hoping this actually got it "unstuck" in the system. I want to give a lot of grace considering the circumstances but this is month 6. Disney (not the front line folks -- they have no control here) is just really are not trying at this point.
The check looks exactly like she said it does. I can tell you that they're mailed from Florida and mine was postmarked 11/24. I'm near Disney and like I mentioned above, got mine yesterday.

deeevo

Just curious if anyone has not had the monthly AP payment taken out for this month. Mine gets debited on the 6th but they still have not taken it from my account. My wife also has not had her payment debited for this month.

mgf

Original Poster
My third refund check FINALLY mailed on Dec 3 according to Disney's system. It isn't here of course, but it was mailed and the address was correct.

cdd89

I was telephoned by a CM to offer me the choice between a check and a gift card with an extra $20. I went for the gift card. Still weren’t able to provide a timescale on when it would be received, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom