AP Refund Watch

mgf

Original Poster
Called first thing this morning and got through without much wait. The CM was very helpful and escalated my case to an "escalation CM". She was able to surmise with their help that the third refund was flagged or rejected during the processing (this was their theory not an actual indicator in the system). They said the third refund will be the exact same amount as the first two ~$3.36 per day remaining and will arrive by paper check.

Helpful information to have when you call: date you received the personalized cancelation email, date you received a cancellation confirmation, date of any refunds already received, and the contract holder for the annual pass (in my case all were assigned to me).

cdd89

I got a friendly CM who confirmed by refund was still processing. She wasn’t able to say whether it would come by (now very delayed) card refund or by check, but did confirm that checks are being mailed internationally (to the United Kingdom, in my case).

EmmieSue

Called first thing this morning and got through without much wait. The CM was very helpful and escalated my case to an "escalation CM". She was able to surmise with their help that the third refund was flagged or rejected during the processing (this was their theory not an actual indicator in the system). They said the third refund will be the exact same amount as the first two ~$3.36 per day remaining and will arrive by paper check.

Helpful information to have when you call: date you received the personalized cancelation email, date you received a cancellation confirmation, date of any refunds already received, and the contract holder for the annual pass (in my case all were assigned to me).
Will give a call as soon as I am able to sit on the phone for a bit lol. Thanks for the info!

kgoose23

I received a refund check today for what I assume was one of our passes. I wish they would have included a breakdown of what it was for with all of the moving parts. I initially called back in July to get the refund for the closure, and called back again August 11th to confirm a refund and no extension. When I called to cancel I had to conference my wife in to authorize her pass cancellation so I am assuming they wouldn't combine to one check.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

I called yesterday, they actually had my amount of the refund listed and said per the system my check was mailed. So if I don't see it soon, I will call again.

mgf

Original Poster
Seeing some reports on social media of checks starting to arrive (and the possibility that check amounts are incorrect). Anyone getting anything in the mail yet? Disney said mid-to-late October for checks *looks at calendar*.

Rapunzel287

While I'm still patiently waiting for my refund (original form of payment) I just realised that my AP is still showing on MDE - with a one-month-extension :oops:.
I did not select the extension, I opted for the refund.
Now I'm a little bit worried... :confused:

Please tell me you've had the same issue with your AP still showing until you received your refund 🥺.

mgf

Original Poster
Called again this morning. The CMs are all very nice but have zero actual information on anything. They now say that checks "should be finished being sent by the end of November." My third payment (first two went to my CC) is coming by check and shows in progress with no information about when it will actually mail. This is the same status it had two weeks ago.

I have generally been very sympathetic and forgiving toward Disney during these unprecedented times, but it is a bit astounding they do not have *ANY* tracking available at this stage or any actual information that CMs can give to guests. A company this large with so many e-commerce platforms should have been able to whip something up or contract out for a processing and tracking system. It is getting pretty frustrating -- although I am of course glad to be getting money back.

SamusAranX

Seeing some reports on social media of checks starting to arrive (and the possibility that check amounts are incorrect). Anyone getting anything in the mail yet? Disney said mid-to-late October for checks *looks at calendar*.
Still haven’t gotten my check even though they said it “mailed” last week. Going to call Monday. I live an hour from Disney world so shouldn’t be still hovering in the mail

mgf

Original Poster
Interesting. This suggests that maybe there is a status for “mailed” vs just the “processing” status that gives the customer and CM no additional detail. I may ask about this when I check in on my refund again this week.

Wendigogo

I was a monthly AP and was missing my March refund still, so I just called. The CM was surprisingly rude - like Comcast level abrasive. He claims that my 2019 contract was never canceled, only my 2020 contract. When I asked how that could be possible, given that A) one is a renewal of the other, and B) Disney never indicated this was a thing in any email blasts or when I've previously called them about canceling, he blew me off and told me he submitted it to accounting and that they'll get me a refund "eventually...maybe in a few weeks." I get customer service is hard, but geez.

Last edited:

orion54

Called the VIPassholder line. Waited 40 min to get CM who then passed me to another CM. 30 min wait for the next CM. That CM was able to check on our refund. No real info except that they are behind and our refund will come by check even though credit card is still valid. We have four passes and are getting four separate checks instead of one. Total time 2 hours 10 min.

SamusAranX

Called the VIPassholder line. Waited 40 min to get CM who then passed me to another CM. 30 min wait for the next CM. That CM was able to check on our refund. No real info except that they are behind and our refund will come by check even though credit card is still valid. We have four passes and are getting four separate checks instead of one. Total time 2 hours 10 min.

do they have an actual tracking system in place for these?
The CM who told me my refund has been mailed was clearly wrong as it’s been two weeks now. This is getting ridiculous, almost three months now for a refund from a multi billion dollar corporation. I’m getting frustrated. But I don’t know what do anymore

orion54

do they have an actual tracking system in place for these?
The CM who told me my refund has been mailed was clearly wrong as it’s been two weeks now. This is getting ridiculous, almost three months now for a refund from a multi billion dollar corporation. I’m getting frustrated. But I don’t know what do anymore
They have tracking but they can't give you much info. It is ridiculous that they can't get refunds back faster. Frustrating to say the least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom