AP Rates for August - October

jojoyner55

I happened to check Mousesaver.com, and the AP rates for August - October are out. The code is EXI. I just called and booked the Pop Century for Sep 11 - 17 at $59 a night. Yay!

brkgnews

wannabeBelle said:
Thanks for the posting!!!! And I want to know what happened to our Passholder one day heads up E mail!!??!!?? Belle

Same here -- I was wondering how in God's name Mousesavers beat us with the info.

Upvote 0

Cruiseketeer

No Email from Disney here either! I had an email from my agent at Magical Journeys when I signed on this morning though. Was timed at 7:15 so they must have known somehow.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

wannabeBelle said:
Thanks for the posting!!!! And I want to know what happened to our Passholder one day heads up E mail!!??!!?? Belle
Got mine sent at 11:43 this morning. Guess MouseSavers gets one-day heads-up, too!

Upvote 0

notnothin

Got mine at 10:37. I guess they consider this our 'day in advance'. But honestly, we will never have a true 'day in advance' as long as Mousesavers posts them as soon as they receive the codes.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

microconn said:
why? How do you sign up?

Regs,
CJM
You get on the list when you buy an Annual Pass, if they have your e-mail address. If they don't, then there is probably a way that you can visit the WDW web site, log in to the AP holders section, and register your e-mail address. But I'm not sure, since I did it in the other order (but I don't know how they got my e-mail address - maybe it was in the system already, maybe I gave it to them when I ordered on the phone, or picked up my pass; I can't remember).

Upvote 0

pumba100

Nope, that doesn't work. I bought my AP in March and have been trying ever since to get on this mailing list. According to WDW there is no such list. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

Maybe it existed once upon a time, and those that got on it then are apparently still eligible to receive emails, but nobody in recent history (at least since March of 2005) can get on it.

Upvote 0

K-dub

BTW, I'm wondering, If the "One Day Early" emails go out to all Annual Passholders that want them and the only people allowed to "use" the discount codes are valid Annual Passholders,

Then who are the Annual Passholders getting a day's head start on???

Am I missing something...

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

K-dub said:
BTW, I'm wondering, If the "One Day Early" emails go out to all Annual Passholders that want them and the only people allowed to "use" the discount codes are valid Annual Passholders,

Then who are the Annual Passholders getting a day's head start on???

Am I missing something...

You are getting the e-mail notice one day before it hits the official Disney website, disneyworld.com so you are getting a day's head start on those who don't provide their e-mail.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pumba100

K-dub said:
Pumba,

Register here, http://tinyurl.com/8bhyj ,to receive "Special Passholder Emails".

Your link took me to the WDW Login page (Disney Online). I logged in there and was then taken to the Florida Resident Passholders page. Aside from the fact that that page had no link called "Special Passholder Emails", I'm not a Florida resident. I have the 'regular' AP, not the Florida resident one. I also have an email address registered with them (that's what is used to log in).

I checked every link on that page, going from page to page to page, and never found anything that resembled a passholder email link.

I tried to capture the web pages to display for you in this message so that you could see exactly what I'm seeing, but this forum apparently does not support objects like that.

I've been all through this in a different thread, spent a lot of time checking links that current email subscribers suggested. They all go to the AP site on the Disney web site and none of them provide any way to register for these emails. That's when I emailed Disney and got the response that there was no such service.

If you would like me to email you directly I believe I can then provide you with captured images of these pages so you can see what I mean.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

pumba100 said:
Nope, that doesn't work. I bought my AP in March and have been trying ever since to get on this mailing list. According to WDW there is no such list. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

Maybe it existed once upon a time, and those that got on it then are apparently still eligible to receive emails, but nobody in recent history (at least since March of 2005) can get on it.
I bought my first AP in March 2005, and activated it in April, and I'm on the AP e-mail notification list, so I know that it is a current thing. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Upvote 0

AEfx

pumba - Perhaps it's your terminology? Asking for "special" emails?

It sounds like you just got someone who didn't know what they were talking about. I had to change my email address not long ago and did so by calling the passholder hotline, and the emails began coming to my new address. I didn't ask for "special" I simply said I needed to "change the address my passholder emails come to".

It worked, and this was a month ago - it sounds like you just got a misinformed CM.

WDW's website is a mess - I never use it, especially the passholder section (half the time it doesn't even let me log in). Emailing and such is also a crapshoot.

Just call them - it doesn't say in your post that you have done that. That's ALWAYS the best way to get what you need from WDW.

Good luck!

AEfx

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Everything that AEfx posted is correct, but let me add...

When you call the passholder line ( 407-WDW-PASS ) you will first be connected to a reservation agent at the Disney Reservation Center, where we can answer and assist with most guest questions, concerns and of course book your rooms. If you need to change your postal or e-mail address you need to ask to be transferred to a Passholder Agent as the reservation center uses a different guest database then ticket services does. You want to make sure you change your information in BOTH databases to ensure you get all marketing offers from Disney that you eligible for, as Disney protects your privacy and does not share your personal information with anyone, (not even ourselves!)

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

AEfx

Thanks for the clarification, JP.

As to the original topic, I just got 2 rooms at Pop at the rate the first week of October. This is a big family trip, so I was really hoping for a nice rate and I'm so relieved we've got one now. I wasn't planning on the rates coming out for this period until August like last year, and it was a worry at the back of my mind that I'm glad to be rid of.

The CM laughed when she asked me when the last time I was there and I said two weeks ago - does that mean I have a "problem"? :) Hey, if I'm gonna have an addiction, this is the one to have!

AEfx

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

Original Poster
I'm glad this thread has generated so much comment. (Hey! I started it! :sohappy: ) I am curious - Another non-Florida resident mentioned that when he tries to log on to the passholder site he gets the Florida site, asking for a Florida zip code - this has been true for me for the past year - The site tries to tell me I'm from Florida and I can't access it! Anybody else have this problem? :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom