AP/FL resident rates for May 2011 ?

NEL

I am planing to take a long weekend vacation in May for my son's birthday. I did the same last year and got a great FL resident promotion for Approx $200 a night at the Wilderness Lodge, which was great. We later also went in December to Disney and got a great AP rate at the Grand Floridian for about $230 a night. Both worked out to be about 40 % off !!! The problem is that currently the AP and FL promo only go through April. There is a general public promo but its not that great. I am planing to stay this time at the Polynesian but only if I could get I good rate. Does any one know of any good promo codes or when the FL/AP promo will be extended. ALL help will be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks !

sweetpee_1993

Until the booking deadline on the existing discount runs out, I'm afraid the current offering is all there is. Disney isn't being as generous with their booking windows these days. They don't seem to be rolling discounts out as early as they did in recent years and they've not been offering the discounts to AP/FL people ahead of the general public. Just keep your eyes peeled. Something should come.... :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually it is kind of both. Some discount offers are being rolled out earlier than I have ever seen and some are more of a last minute thing. The Free Dining offer for this year was rolled out many months before I had expected it, but also expired pretty early on. The General Public deals can also be made into packages. The AP discounts really werent annouced very far in advance. I do agree with Sweetpee though, I think they will be coming. Marie

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I am not so patiently waiting for May AP rates as well. Right now I have the GP discount @ POP booked at 20% off - but I'm finding better deals off-site right now...

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
Actually it is kind of both. Some discount offers are being rolled out earlier than I have ever seen and some are more of a last minute thing. The Free Dining offer for this year was rolled out many months before I had expected it, but also expired pretty early on. The General Public deals can also be made into packages. The AP discounts really werent annouced very far in advance. I do agree with Sweetpee though, I think they will be coming. Marie

Thanks for the information, but I have another question. A friend of mine is also planing a trip to WDW in May but he booked through a travel agent and he somehow got an AP rate. I called WDW directly and they advised it is not out yet. Can this be, can travel agents book AP rates before it is given to the general public. Do they get special deals for their guests.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

No there is not an AP discount as of yet for those dates. The AP discount is only good until 4/16/2011. There is a General Public discount that is actually pretty close to what the discounted amounts for the AP offers have been, that is running all through out May. Could it be this was the offer that he had gotten and was told something else or was not sure? Marie

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
No there is not an AP discount as of yet for those dates. The AP discount is only good until 4/16/2011. There is a General Public discount that is actually pretty close to what the discounted amounts for the AP offers have been, that is running all through out May. Could it be this was the offer that he had gotten and was told something else or was not sure? Marie

No, I dont know how they got it but he e-mailed me a confirmation and it clearly stated AP rate and that you must show AP ticket at check in. I actually called wdw and tried to get some info on the rate and maybe a pin code but they did not want to share any info. When I asked why I did not see any AP rate for May and yet this booking did have it they simply explained that sometimes travel agents have special rates for them and they refered me to the travel agent. The thing is I have always done all my reservations direct with Disney, or any other travel company, I like to have full control of my reservation.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The only thing I can think of is that I can book an AP package for anytime during the year so I can do a room with a dining plan, but if the AP discount isnt out for those travel dates, it simply comes up as rack rate. Is that a possibility? Marie

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
The only thing I can think of is that I can book an AP package for anytime during the year so I can do a room with a dining plan, but if the AP discount isnt out for those travel dates, it simply comes up as rack rate. Is that a possibility? Marie

The invoice shows for AP holders and the rate is $78 per night for Disney ALL Star Sports. I dont think that is rack rate, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

No that certainly isnt rack rate at all. Sorry I dont have an explanation for that one, but what you were told on the phone is true, AP rates have not been released for that time frame as of yet. Disney will not discuss "discounts" as a whole unless you ask for one that you are eligible for such as your own PIN offer, a general public offer etc. Marie

Upvote 0

KJ1081

Several people have posted on another board that AP rates for April 25-June 2 are out today. They aren't posted online yet, but you can get the rate by calling. No one has mentioned what percentage off the discounts are yet, so patiently awaiting that!

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Yup - another 5% over GP. That's about $95 over eight nights.... not sure I'm even going to bother.

I am now looking at staying off-property for my May trip. 25% is a slap in the face for AP holders.

11 nights @ Pop Century = $1000
11 nights @ Comfort Suites with Free internet & breakfast = $800

I think I'll stay off-site.

Upvote 0

Scuttle

I am now looking at staying off-property for my May trip. 25% is a slap in the face for AP holders.

11 nights @ Pop Century = $1000
11 nights @ Comfort Suites with Free internet & breakfast = $800

I think I'll stay off-site.

Ya this is a joke! This is the discount passholders get!? Mine expires in 2 weeks and this is the last discount I see. I might wait until after summer to get another annual or longer. What a joke. Disney you lose for this "slap in the face"!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are waiting to see what Pam can do for us in June...hope to get that free dining pin code. The post card we got in the USPS mail today was for our AP renewal...think I'll give them a call tonight and tell them exactly why we aren't renewing.

Our trip in June of this year will have 3 rooms for 7 nights...but we are looking at only going to the WDW parks 5 days because all the kids want to go see the HP at IoA and we will hit one day at Sea World. Then we are heading to Pensacola for a few more relaxing days. If the deals aren't there we may make some serious adjustments to our WDW plans.

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

WoW have to say I am very disappointed in Disney.I am staying at CSR and got a 30% saving for an AP when the GP discount is 25%. I ran the numbers and it would actually be more expensive by almost $200 to renew my AP instead of getting 10 day parkhoppers from Undercover tourist. Even if they gave the 40% it would be a 1 dollar difference between room and renewing my AP and GP discount and getting park hoppers.

So where is the incentive to renew my AP???:shrug: And why is it only 30% for regular season when the peak times right before(spring break) is 40%???:hammer:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The incentive is if you go over 10 days for admission into the parks and have to purchase a second 10 day ticket. The hotel room discounts are certainly a nice thing, but it should never be a reason to buy the AP on it's own. Marie

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

The incentive is if you go over 10 days for admission into the parks and have to purchase a second 10 day ticket. The hotel room discounts are certainly a nice thing, but it should never be a reason to buy the AP on it's own. Marie

If the discounts result in a cheaper overall price I would say that is a great reason. You get the better price and a pass to come back whenever you want within a year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom