Anyone tired of illuminations yet ?

montyz81

I don't think that I could ever get tried of it. I LOVE the music and everything about it.

AMEN! Not in a million years could I get sick of it. When it is gone, it will be a sad day. Hopefully the next version will be an evolution of the current show.

toetheline29

I agree that the pyros themselves could use some upgrading. But overall, it's just such a great show. The score is simply amazing. And there's sometime about having it reflecting on the water that gives it an edge over Wishes to me. I think it feels less cramped than Wishes too, because while you might have people pretty close to your sides, pretty much everybody gets a front-row seat. I think there's just something about being gathered around the lagoon at nighttime, with your family and/or friends around you, knowing that there are people around the lagoon from other countries and watching a celebration of the world.... I think it's great :).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Nope. :D
Have it on iTunes and listen to it pretty much daily.
The quicker "We Move On" theme is one of my ring tones. :)

Edisto Pluto

This is a great show. We love it. In fact we try to catch two or three times at every visit. It's a short walk from the BC. I would love to see a special on how much work and time goes into each show.

cblodg

This is a great show. We love it. In fact we try to catch two or three times at every visit. It's a short walk from the BC. I would love to see a special on how much work and time goes into each show.
When we were staying at BC, we had the superb luck of staying on the 3rd floor in a two BR suite. Our balcony faced EPCOT, so I was able to watch it every night! It was great!

DisneyPrincess5

For me, the first time was fun and nice because it was new and now we don't even bother doing it.
IMO, it's more of a hassle than it's worth to find a spot to watch, hold it for so long and then have someone crowd your view and space anyway. Just not worth it for us.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For me, the first time was fun and nice because it was new and now we don't even bother doing it.
IMO, it's more of a hassle than it's worth to find a spot to watch, hold it for so long and then have someone crowd your view and space anyway. Just not worth it for us.
This is why we frequently get a late ADR at R&C. Not only do you get a great meal but Illuminations becomes a no hassle event.

DisneyPrincess5

This is why we frequently get a late ADR at R&C. Not only do you get a great meal but Illuminations becomes a no hassle event.
Yeah my mother does this when she goes, but the key is she likes Illuminations enough.
We don't care for it, otherwise we would definitely do this to secure a spot.

Figment632

I have heard that you cannot really do this anymore unless your resi is exactly duringROE because they put a time limit on how long you can stay at RC :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have heard that you cannot really do this anymore unless your resi is exactly duringROE because they put a time limit on how long you can stay at RC :shrug:
You have to dine within a 2 hour window of Illuminations which as long as you plan ahead it is not to hard.

JerseySkiddie

I love Illuminations I usually see it a few times every trip. I agree that the score is pretty amazing. I'm really excited to see the holiday tag next week too!

The one I could do without is Fantasmic! If i see it once a year that's plenty for me (and I average 3 trips a year).

raven

Illuminations just celebrated 10 years and was voted #1 outdoor nighttime show in all of the Disney parks worldwide. With that title above it's head I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

Tiger45

I have watched illuminations live 10 times and more on video. I liked the effects at first but now I know it is just boring to me and I know it to well. My favorite will always be the 1997 Illuminations with that really up beat music that I discovered on youtube; wish I could see it live again because I vaguely remember it.
No, I don't feel it is getting boring, but it would be nice if they added a parade to epcot again, like the tapestry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom