anyone NOT like high school musical?

justducky78

I HATE IT, I have seen 15 MINS of it and i have to say over and over again it is not now will it every be GREASE or any thing remotely on the LEVEL of GREASE. I should not be compared to Grease and it should Be REMOVED FROM THE WORLD. THANK YOU THAT IS ALL

I agree about Grease -- just from hearing a few songs and seeing the dancing, etc on commercials - it doesn't look anything remotely like Grease. Grease is a classic...there are no comparisons!

MickeyTigg

I'm not a teen, so it like toe-tally was not like going to like be my like thing like. I like toe-tally like found it toe-tally annoying for a like while like, but like as a toe-tally like Nughties like equivalent like for Grease like it like toe-tally like doe its like job.

;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ToTBellHop

Personaly I HATE it. Its too fake and a rip off of Grease in some ways. Its a fad though it should burn off in a few months. When the second one come out everyone will hate it by then *crosses fingers*
hahaha...not a chance in heck of that happening. Disney Channel has become very popular (we are talking raw numbers here--it is the most popular cable channel with very impressive viewership numbers). It's a year later and they now show HSM ever two weeks or so and it still has high viewership...its popularity isn't really waning. I'll be the first to admit the acting in the film isn't particularly good, but the music is addictive (though you are certainly entitled to hate it), and I would expect the acting in HSM2 to be no worse...and the music largely the same.

As for whomever mentioned lip-synching: no. They are all really singing--most of the kids now have their own albums or are working on them, and they sing on the HSM concerts, so they can actually sing. I believe the main guy is the only one not singing in the film--not because he can't, but because his voice apparently wasn't right for the roll (he's now in Hairspray on Broadway, so he obviously can sing).

ears2you

Original Poster
they definitely aren't milking this like Stitch. There is one show. That's milking? Apparently doing anything in the theme parks is milking something...it's not milking until Sharpay interrupts Stitch on the monorail to tell us that Disney has not stuck to the status quo with the year of a million dreams because it really is the start of something new...you know, what we've been waiting for. They've really been breaking free from the Pressler days and now allow us to bop to the top of Cinderella Castle, free churro in hand, because we really are all in this together. Now getcha head in the game.

ok what i ment was the second movie, and the broadway show, the live show at disney, all the clothes, the hype, the cheerleaders :fork: and the sheet music.

ONE show wouldnt be that bad
but the entire thing is bigger than one show

iheartdisney91

it's ok i mean if you guys know me im a theater nut and i wish my life were a musical but it was ok when it came out now its ust pathetic!

romur has it that it might go to broadway!
YUCK!!!!!!!
i'm sorry but i think it is really stupid i mean sure the music is good and catchy but there is something about it i hate!!!!!

i second the "DIE":fork: LOL:lol:

cptwife80

any movie that has to do with annoying high school teens singing and dancing is just wrong. I hope the whole thing dies and never gets brought back to life. It's like the Grease for todays kids. No musical should be a movie they should just stay on broadway.

Harry456

as a 18 year old male, naturally i hate it b/c of my little sister who plays the music, movie, have poster of it!!! :fork:

the only way possible way i can explain its suckage: its a movie that you hate or is bad, but you are addicted b/c of the stupid catchy songs it has. "stick to the status quo." DARNIT!! :zipit:

(p.s. it had a bad stories, it was to predictable!!! Come on!! where the Mary Poppins fun in it?):p

wbt06

the only good thing is that it might let musicals of the old make a comeback but it sucks the songs get stuck in your head and before you know it you know all the worlds. ( when i say musicals of the old i mean stuff like singing in the rain)

#1DizGal

Saw the movie, saw it performed at MK and at DS. Movie WAS cheesy, to say the least - but I have to say, whenever I hear those songs - I can't seem to get them out of my head. Sound familiar? --It's a Small World After All...--

iheartdisney91

any movie that has to do with annoying high school teens singing and dancing is just wrong. I hope the whole thing dies and never gets brought back to life. It's like the Grease for todays kids. No musical should be a movie they should just stay on broadway.

why is there something bad about high school teenagers!!!!

just kiding, pulling your leg lol no but i agree with you:wave:

i am one funfun plus i think its a rip off of grease

barnum42

i am one funfun plus i think its a rip off of grease
Except Grease has an appeal that reaches various generations. That may be in part because for some people they are re-visiting their past, but I feel mainly that it's just a better constructed piece. It's been written to appeal to a variety of ages, whereas HSM is targeted just at today's High School teens.

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Has anything aside from the Disney Channel original feature gotten any levels of popularity?

I'm not so sure HSM is popular because people really want to cheer "Let's go Wildcats" in a theme park or if it's just because Zac Efron is a bit of a teenage heartthrob at the moment. HSM doesn't seem like much as a park event, a broadway show, or anything else since it doesn't have the starring cast.

They're just doing with HSM and Hannah Montana what Walt did with Annette and others, I think.

Disneyfalcon

Except Grease has an appeal that reaches various generations. That may be in part because for some people they are re-visiting their past, but I feel mainly that it's just a better constructed piece. It's been written to appeal to a variety of ages, whereas HSM is targeted just at today's High School teens.

Actually not just teenagers, kids of all ages. My 8 yr old and 11 year old have watched it countless times. :)

And unlike Grease - it's clean! I can let my kiddos watch it without worrying they'll get all the double innuendo!:D

barnum42

And unlike Grease - it's clean! I can let my kiddos watch it without worrying they'll get all the double innuendo!:D
Forgot some of the more risqué aspects of Grease. When I was in a youth theatre group we did a production of Grease, which had officially sanctioned lyric amendments, such as "You know that I ain't braggin' she's a real dragon wagon" :lol:

bgraham34

I have never even seen the movie. I would like too but I dont get the Disney channel and I have not been to blockbuster in a while.

Meandude

I don't care for it, but if you like it more power to you. I was forced to go to the performance at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called GREASE.

As an 18 year old girl, its not my favorite movie. But I'll admit, when I watched it countless times with the kids i babysit, I couldn't help getting the songs stuck in my head. It's cute. And what's wrong with a movie geared for kids that's fun, clean and a hit? I'm going to assume that most most people who claim to hate it are over the target audience age. Did anyone expect a Disney channel original movie to be made that had a great, unpredictable story plot with excellent acting? When Life is Ruff, and the Cheetah Girls and the countless other DCOM came out with the sme quality plot and acting, no one complained. They didn't get the same publicity, but it's for a good reason. These movies didnt hit the success that HSM did. So no one jumped on the we hate this movie bandwagon.

Despite what people over the age of 13 think, the movie was great. It was great for Disney, it was great for kids, and it was great for parents who wanted a fun movie for their kids to watch. Hey, I'd prefer High School Musical over any Mary Kate and Ashley or Lindsey Lohan movie any day (the other types of movie made for HSM's audience).

Disney did something right with HSM. It was one of the Disney Channel's biggest hits in its history, and it made the company lots of money. Why not sell merchandise and have a show in the parks? (one moving show is in no way comparable to stitch's attraction) I think all the HSM hype is deserved. People here seem to forget that the parks are also for little kids, who light up when they see their favorite characters from tv. It's not just for Disney purists.

(oh and despite all my HSM support, Kenny Ortega (the choreographer) in my mind will always be the guy who brought newsies to dancing life. making high school kids dance is only second)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom