anyone NOT like high school musical?

ZapperZ

I know that there's no such thing as being "too old" as far as Disney is concerned, but this time, I am to old to like High School Musical, the Cheetah Girls, etc.

Zz.

no2apprentice

Never seen it ! :eek:

Same here. My sons have shown no interest in it, so I doubt I ever will.

Somebody in an office must have the market data to have convinced someone in power that it's popular to keep the live show going, or they wouldn't be doing it.

But then, that's not a very valid point. Someone convinced somebody in power to do away with the "tomorrow" in Tomorrowland.:lol:

LMR1991

I have seen it and was never impressed. I'm 15 years old, and most kids at my school WERE in love with it the first two months it came out, thten after that no one cared for it anymore. I never liked the superfake lip-synching at all.

Tigggrl

High School Musical will be popular in a different kind of way, and here's why:
My 7 year old niece is in a chior/ singing class after school...Disney has offered the rights to a sheet music company for them to be able to sing the songs....(which she LOVES)!

A local community theater is also doing the play/ musical....so obviously its something Disney has allowed the rights to....The right to pay for the opprotunity to perform it in your local school/ Theater.

The original cast took the show on the road and played cities all over the country.

Obviously things Stitch COULDNT do......:wave:

Darth Plank

High School Musical will be popular in a different kind of way, and here's why:
My 7 year old niece is in a chior/ singing class after school...Disney has offered the rights to a sheet music company for them to be able to sing the songs....(which she LOVES)!

A local community theater is also doing the play/ musical....so obviously its something Disney has allowed the rights to....The right to pay for the opprotunity to perform it in your local school/ Theater.

The original cast took the show on the road and played cities all over the country.

Obviously things Stitch COULDNT do......:wave:
I bet Stitch will earn more money that HSM in 2010...

haveyoumetmark

Let me reiterate what I was saying. I was not comparing Stitch to High School Musical. I was not comparing Stitch's popularity to that of High School Musical. I did not say that Stitch is a fad, I said High School Musical is a fad and will eventually pass. I simply meant that Disney is not promoting High School Musical in their parks as much as they did with stitch who was very much "in yo face and you can't do anything about it".

Let's recap--
Rephrase of what I said in my previous post: Disney is not taking advantage of HSM's popularity the way they took advantage of Stitch's.

It pass nearly as fast as Stitch as there are at least two more sequels coming out. I forsee a television show and a Broadway play too...

As for a Broadway version... I was thinking about the same thing and got a nice reply:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1764230&postcount=26

barnum42

I'm not a teen, so it like toe-tally was not like going to like be my like thing like. I like toe-tally like found it toe-tally annoying for a like while like, but like as a toe-tally like Nughties like equivalent like for Grease like it like toe-tally like doe its like job.

;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm not a teen, so it like toe-tally was not like going to like be my like thing like. I like toe-tally like found it toe-tally annoying for a like while like, but like as a toe-tally like Nughties like equivalent like for Grease like it like toe-tally like doe its like job.

;)

thats just soooo not sarcastic.

DisneyMusician2

I really don't like it, but I'll give it this: Kids LOVE it, it was an original musical (something Disney has forgotten how to do, it seems), and it has become a marketing phenomenon. I don't like it, but congrats on something that the kids seem to enjoy!

Rosenrot

I don't. And sadly, my school has picked to do that as our play - and this is my senior year, so I don't want to miss being in the drama club.

Why, oh why, did it have to be High School Musical? *sigh*

I think I'm just going to be a stage hand - I can't bring myself to act in that play.

justducky78

It's obviously geared more towards the junior high / high school crowd, and I can't say I hate it since I've never seen it. But....whenever I see a commercial for it on TV (and hear that song "We're all in this together") I cringe. It's pretty annoying! :lol:

I HATE IT, I have seen 15 MINS of it and i have to say over and over again it is not now will it every be GREASE or any thing remotely on the LEVEL of GREASE. I should not be compared to Grease and it should Be REMOVED FROM THE WORLD. THANK YOU THAT IS ALL

PaulTetul

Personaly I HATE it. Its too fake and a rip off of Grease in some ways. Its a fad though it should burn off in a few months. When the second one come out everyone will hate it by then *crosses fingers*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom