Anyone new updates about changes to Imagination.

David S.

Bring back the Enchanted Tiki Room (current Disneyland show is a great choice since it is essentially a shorter version of the Tropical Serenade) and either then leave it alone forever (like CoP) or the smart money is to redesign the show (and this is something for the Country Bears venue too) tech to run multiple shows with no human requirement to switch and run RANDOM shows throughout the day.

I could stomach the Under New Management (ok perhaps with a little pain medicine to help lol) running as long as it was simply ONE of the daily shows running in tandom with the original version and a number of additional.

Will it be complicated? Will it be expensive? Will it take a lot of creativity on the part of Disney?

YES.

Can the Imagineers do it?

YES.

In the long run it could create a much better climate where new show alterations can coexist with the classic versions without peeving all of us off....plus breathe new life into the shows.

Imagine having to go to the Tiki Room or to the Country Bears MULTIPLE times each trip because you wanted to see the different shows... they would become "Must Do's".... can you imagine seeing Stacy on the Resort TV listing the Tiki Room as a "Must Do"?? Would be a very different world, no? :)

That's an EXCELLENT idea, to have multiple shows running at the same time! Of course, regardless of what Stacy says, the Bears and Birdies are "Must Do's" for me, and both in my MK Top 10! (with the Bears in 3rd)!

I do both multiple times a week when in town, even in my current situation as a seasonal resident, and never get tired of them! On the left side of the MK, the Country Bears and Tiki Birds have always been as revered to me as the Pirates and Mansion are to most fans!

The original shows of both are my favorite so I would LOVE to have a chance to see the original Tiki show again, and would enjoy seeing CBJ Vacation Hoedown again as well!

At the VERY LEAST, bring back the Country Bear Christmas show! I have the audio on the Disneyland 6 CD boxed set, and seen the video on You Tube, but since my first Christmas as a resident was the first year they DIDN'T do the show, I never got to see it in person :(

I guess the Bears Christmas show didn't fit the model of the MK Christmas entertainment being something they could charge extra for at after-hours parties (except the week between Christmas and New Years, when it's free to everyone like it is at Disneyland!)

the-reason14

Bring back the Enchanted Tiki Room (current Disneyland show is a great choice since it is essentially a shorter version of the Tropical Serenade) and either then leave it alone forever (like CoP) or the smart money is to redesign the show (and this is something for the Country Bears venue too) tech to run multiple shows with no human requirement to switch and run RANDOM shows throughout the day.

I could stomach the Under New Management (ok perhaps with a little pain medicine to help lol) running as long as it was simply ONE of the daily shows running in tandom with the original version and a number of additional.

Will it be complicated? Will it be expensive? Will it take a lot of creativity on the part of Disney?

YES.

Can the Imagineers do it?

YES.

In the long run it could create a much better climate where new show alterations can coexist with the classic versions without peeving all of us off....plus breathe new life into the shows.

Imagine having to go to the Tiki Room or to the Country Bears MULTIPLE times each trip because you wanted to see the different shows... they would become "Must Do's".... can you imagine seeing Stacy on the Resort TV listing the Tiki Room as a "Must Do"?? Would be a very different world, no? :)

That does sound like a good idea, the only problem is not l__________g out and seeing the same version each time you went. :lol:

DigitalDisney

I really like the rotating show idea for the ones that could handle it. Obviously Dreamflight isn't coming back since Buzz is significantly busier

I'm going to dive into this head first

There's a decent list of things that could be rotated
- If they removed MILF, then American Journeys and Timekeeper could coexist
- Alien Encounter and Stitch could almost exist in separate theaters
- UOE and EEA could also rotate, assuming people didn't care about UOE having some elements of EEA on the ride (like no kinetic preshow and Ellen stuff during the dinosaur segment)
- HISTA/Captain EO/Magic Journeys
- Symbiosis/Circle of Life

Try to imagine, just for a moment...

What if Epcot had an entire month in the off season where it would switch into retro mode and become EPCOT Center once again? This is a convoluted pipedream, but I'm imagining a lot of small changes that are easy to make, can happen quickly, and would have a large impact. Unfortunately, the most work would involve convincing the sponsors that this is a good idea
- The entrance music would be the original soundtrack that we all know and love
- Spaceship Earth could have the old Walter Cronkite soundtrack for most of the ride (since the scenes are still similar), but mixed with Judy Dench for the last portion of the ride.
- The SSE postshow could possibly partially be converted to Earth Station, and at least have those teaser movies projected on the screens instead of images of recent riders/postshow folks.
- The Innoventions fountain would play shows that sync with classic Epcot themes. Imagine watching the waters dance to Tomorrow's Child, the space theme from Horizons, It's Fun To Be Free, Veggie Fruit Fruit, One Little Spark, ...
- The Epcot 25th anniv museum in Innoventions would open again
- EEA would be in permanent UOE mode, and the Ellen AA could be hidden
- The Future Corps would be back!
- Wonders of Life would be open, along with everything inside that could still run. Obviously Body Wars is probably out of commission (although some portion of it may still be in good shape)
- The Magic Eye theater would play either Magic Journeys or Captain EO, with a healthy dose of Makin Memories beforehand
- The Image Works would open (maybe?)
- Circle of Life would play instead of Symbiosis
- Turtle Talk would play the sitdown preshow movie in TLS instead of its normal show
- The Odyssey would serve food and be open for lunch and dinner
- At night, perhaps, a reimagined version of Illuminations could play on the lagoon. Bringing back the laser globe isn't likely, but they could still project something on the current globe, and shoot fireworks and use fountains, all to the same soundtrack.

Most of those things could be switched very easily over a short period of time, I would think. It would make the Epcot geek in us very excited. I could see myself getting a one day ticket to experience this firsthand.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

EmperorMilenko

First of all, cannot WAIT for my first viewing of Captain EO on November 27! :sohappy: And what's all this talk about a major Imag. overhaul after EO moves out? Would this include a new show for the Magic Eye Theater or a revved up HISTA?:shrug:

BrerFrog

First of all, cannot WAIT for my first viewing of Captain EO on November 27! :sohappy: And what's all this talk about a major Imag. overhaul after EO moves out? Would this include a new show for the Magic Eye Theater or a revved up HISTA?:shrug:

It would be a new show altogether.

EmperorMilenko

Figured so. HISTA is veryyyy outdated. I doubt Rick Moranis would argue that. But any ideas on what this could be I know its far off from now but bluesky ideas pop up all the time.

DisneyNut2007

I think Disney would do well to bring back old crowd favorites for two-year runs now and then. It's a cheap way to get some renewed life out of the investment and might allow for more frequent changes in shows, etc. Two years is about right because that would give time for most of the newbies who never saw the original to come through and see it.

Give me another shot at Country Bear Vacation Hoedown, the origingal Tiki Room show, the original Universe of Energy, the Monster Sound Show, If You Had Wings, the old America Circlevision film, Mission to Mars, etc. It'd be fun, nostalgic, and create something that is "new" to many parkgoers, even if it doesn't have modern updating. Wouldn't work for everything, but there are some things that would be an improvement over what's there now (who would choose Sounds Dangerous, for example, over the Monster Sound Show?).

You know that most of that would be downright impossible, right?

Of all the attractions mentioned above, the only ones that CAN recieve such change-outs easily are Country Bears and Sounds Dangerous.

AMartin767

Pavillion a mess...

The Imagination Pavilion was one of the finest shows on property when it debuted. Now, it a travisty.... a complete mess. This is one attraction that Disney has managed to completely screw (another word comes to mind) up! :brick::mad::(

Let's all hope that the entire pavilion will see a complete overhaul soon. Something that brings it closer to its former glory.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, hopefully Disney will be smart, ask buy Kodak's Dreamfinder, and re-open half of the pavilion that's been closed! I wonder what all that empty space looks like now where the original other part of the ride and the upstars imageworks looks like now.... it's basically half of an abandoned pavilion. Just glad they did something with HISTA...

Enchantâmes

JII was great and I wish they never touched this ride. I have been on the one with Eric Idle and like it not love it. The origional JII made you go wow and made you want to sing and the scenary was just palin awsome. I really loved this pavillion and would love to see it restored to it's glory once again.
sarah-palin.png

Sorry I couldn't resist

JWG

In July, 2007 I stepped off of Imagination and the person working the HUGE camera asked how we liked it. I responded honestly saying this attraction is a shell of its former self and while I'll always love the pavilion, it's not what it should be.

She followed with, well, enjoy it now and look forward to something better coming soon.

By my math, we're months from Imagination going seasonal and just over a year from it being turned over to Events.

sublimesting

In July, 2007 I stepped off of Imagination and the person working the HUGE camera asked how we liked it. I responded honestly saying this attraction is a shell of its former self and while I'll always love the pavilion, it's not what it should be.

She followed with, well, enjoy it now and look forward to something better coming soon.

By my math, we're months from Imagination going seasonal and just over a year from it being turned over to Events.

To me "coming soon" was about a year ago.

NoChesterHester

To me "coming soon" was about a year ago.

Color me concerned that a couple months ago all sings pointed to the economy on the mend. Disney undertook some pretty significant projects (FLE / Animation Suites / Star Tours II). That is a couple hundred million in capital improvements.

Now that the economy seems to be stuck in neutral for the foreseeable future this shuttering of Imagination could find itself without any funding for a real refurb for a long long time. I'm not optimistic on this one finding any momentum without an influx of outside cash.

PurpleDragon

Color me concerned that a couple months ago all sings pointed to the economy on the mend. Disney undertook some pretty significant projects (FLE / Animation Suites / Star Tours II). That is a couple hundred million in capital improvements.

Now that the economy seems to be stuck in neutral for the foreseeable future this shuttering of Imagination could find itself without any funding for a real refurb for a long long time. I'm not optimistic on this one finding any momentum without an influx of outside cash.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with you. After shelling out so much money for refurbs on other major sites/attractions, I am fearful about the future of the Imagination Pavillion. Without a sponsor I don't see TDO shelling out any funding for this pavillion, especially since its not a huge crowd draw in its current form. The original JII was my all time favorite attraction in WDW, and there is still a part of me that hopes that WDI has something up their sleeve to bring the ride back to its former glory, but without funding it will remain as is for the forseeable future. I just hope TDO doesn't decide to send it down the same path and WOL, that would be really disappointing. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom