Anyone love Illuminations as much as I do??

chwilson88

Original Poster
Just wondering what people's thoughts are about Epcot's nightly Illuminations fireworks display...My opinion is that it's one of the best parts of Epcot, we always enjoy the presentation, the music, the lights, lasers, the LED globe etc. It really is magical, and a great finish to any day/night at Epcot. I hope they don't remove that show anytime soon! I think it's 100x better than Wishes.

Philo

I love it. It's the first night time show I saw at WDW which represented the end of a fantastic day. Lot's of happy memories there.

On the whole though I think I prefer Fantasmic

Astro_Digital

Me I seen it at least a dozen times and I can honestly say I will not go out of my way anymore to watch it.

It is just a fireworks and laser show.

RiversideBunny

Just wondering what people's thoughts are about Epcot's nightly Illuminations fireworks display...My opinion is that it's one of the best parts of Epcot, we always enjoy the presentation, the music, the lights, lasers, the LED globe etc. It really is magical, and a great finish to any day/night at Epcot. I hope they don't remove that show anytime soon! I think it's 100x better than Wishes.

Different strokes for different folks.
I think the opposite; Wishes is great and Illuminations is not.

:king:

GatorGambit

IllumiNations used to be fantastic. However, I dislike Reflections of Earth. To me, it should not be called IllumiNations, because it's just an entirely different show from what IllumiNations was. :shrug:

Sloan

respectfully, I think its more than just a fireworks show

I think that part of the reason that Illuminations is so great, is that it is more than 'just a fireworks and laser show', it also tells a story, and ties in to the theme of World Showcase. The tie-ins with the music and images on the Earth Globe blend so well - as many times as I have seen the show, I still love it.

Scooter

While I do think Illuminations Reflections of Earth is a great show, I also believe that it has run it's course. It has been running for a very long time now and while I know it's nostalgic to a lot of people, I believe that change is good. A new show would bring in more visitors. I feel the same way about Disney parades. I Love them all, but I like them to change every now and then.

Phonedave

I:RoE is my favorite of all shows.

It has a message, at least to me, a real message. The other shows have messages, but them seem, well forced and at times "hokey" - the power of dreams, the power of imagination. While dreams and imagination are important things to have, they (again, at least to me) are not in the same league as the dogged spirit of humanity has a whole to continue, as portrayed in I:RoE. Maybe it's beacuse of the kind of person I am and thats why I like it. There is not much in this world that you are guarenteed. But one thing that is a constant is that humanking has the will to perservere. I allways feel a lump in my throat when I hear the lyrics for we go on. Maybe to give an example of where I am comming from, I will leave it up to a much better writer than myself. From Starship Troopers (the book, not the movie, which has nothing to do with the book) The pursuit of happiness is unalienable, and perhaps that is why we go on.

"Sir? How about ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’?"

"Ah, yes, the ‘unalienable rights.’ Each year someone quotes that magnificent poetry. Life? What ‘right’ to life has a man who is drowning in the Pacific? The ocean will not hearken to his cries. What ‘right’ to life has a man who must die if he is to save his children? If he chooses to save his own life, does he do so as a matter of ‘right’? If two men are starving and cannibalism is the only alternative to death, which
man’s right is ‘unalienable’? And is it ‘right’? As to liberty, the heroes who signed that great document pledged themselves to buy liberty with their lives. Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called ‘natural human rights’ that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost. "The third ‘right’? — the ‘pursuit of happiness’? It is indeed unalienable but it is not a right; it is simply a universal condition which tyrants cannot take away nor patriots restore. Cast me into a dungeon, burn me at the stake, crown me king of kings, I can ‘pursue happiness’ as long as my brain lives — but neither gods nor saints, wise men nor subtle drugs, can insure that I will catch it."

MKMICKEYFAN#1

I totally agree that this is one of the best Pyro shows on property if not the best. I do however like F! alot too since I worked there before and loved seeing the show, however nothing hits me like Illuminations does and it is a must-do on every trip!:)

WDW Monorail

Do I like IllumiNations? It was a great show, yes.

Do I like IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth? I can't begin describing how much I love the show.

Me I seen it at least a dozen times and I can honestly say I will not go out of my way anymore to watch it.

It is just a fireworks and laser show.

No it's not.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Same as WDW Monorail, I liked the original Illuminations very much and I absolutely love Illuminations:ROE.

I, too, get very emotional watching it.

I have a book that I purchased at WDW during the Millenium Celebration that describes all the planning that went into the property-wide event, and it tells all about the inception of the show, and the story that it tells. I think that if you know/recognize the story it is telling, the show becomes much more meaningful to watch.

That having been said, I don't expect them to keep it around forever, but it's temporariness does not take away from the fact that it is a great show.

I just hope that the replacement is worthwhile. I did not care at all for Illuminations 25.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom