Anyone know: Traditions?

Krozar

What is the proper attire for Traditions? The site was not very specific. Buttonup collared shirts with slacks? Got to have formal shoes? (i.e. loafers?) DO they do the whole tie thing?

They said business attire, but these days that is often a polo shirt, belt, and even jeans.

joanna71985

What is the proper attire for Traditions? The site was not very specific. Buttonup collared shirts with slacks? Got to have formal shoes? (i.e. loafers?) DO they do the whole tie thing?

They said business attire, but these days that is often a polo shirt, belt, and even jeans.

Well I can tell you definitely NOT jeans. This is Disney we're talking about- you will want to set a good impression. For guys I would say nice shoes, slacks, and a collared shirt.

Magicmyway

Original Poster
The guys and girls in my tradiitions class were mainly in suits but I suppose khakis and a nice shirt does justice. Just not jeans or see through tops or open toed shoes!

joanna71985

what shops have you worked at and what were the costumes like?

:lol: Get ready. This will become a novel:D :
1) Fantasyland- white top and green pants/shorts.
2) Liberty Square- Long, HEAVY dress (I believe the one for merch is mostly pink) and a bonnet for your hair.
3) Adventureland- purple top/bottoms. Very light, like PJs
4) Glow/Squeeze Breeze (carts during the MK parades)- white top, white knee-length pants, and long white socks. Very bad in the rain.:lookaroun
5) POTC- Different color tops (red, tan, ect) and brown bottoms. VERY hot in the summer.
6) Main Street West (the non-Emporium side)- a tan top and a plaid-color skirt.

Non- Merchandise
1) Main Street PAC- Navy pants and vest, and a white top
2) Frontierland PAC- purple top and brown bottoms
3) Tomorrowland PAC- I forget what it looked like, but it was a gray/black costume with designs on it.
4) Fantasmic!/MGM PAC- Turquois top and black bottoms
5) character attendant- white/yellow top with Mickey designs and black bottoms
6) HM ops (special event)- Green top and green skirt. black stripes mixed in

There we go.:D

figmentmom

Hey Everyone! Does anyone know the regulations about re-training? I did the careerstart program Feb-Aug in 2006, and was in merchandise so I went through traditions and merchantainment. Then I stayed a seasonal castmember. I am going back for the collegeprogram May 23. Does anyone know if you have to redo traditions? Thanks!

I worked as a seasonal Cast Member the summer of 2005, and again in July of 2006. I did NOT have to take Traditions again last summer, and I believe it was because my status was still active - I returned before one full year had elapsed. I'll be returning again this July, too. :sohappy: :wave:

nanna

Can you pick up extra shifts as a Character attendent if you arnt trained as one?

Also, when ever i logged onto the extra hours page and wanted to pic up a PAC shift it always said something like 'Fantasmic PAC training needed' how come you were able to pick them up?

joanna71985

Can you pick up extra shifts as a Character attendent if you arnt trained as one?

Also, when ever i logged onto the extra hours page and wanted to pic up a PAC shift it always said something like 'Fantasmic PAC training needed' how come you were able to pick them up?

I think you need to be trained for character attendant (I did that for a CP). Also, there was never any training needed when I picked up Fantasmic. That must have just been recently added.:(

figmentmom

I'd like to know that also, incase I have extra time. Can you do this on the CP?

What is traditions class like? I mean, do you go with your roommates? Any work involved? Tests?

I'd ask your manager about who to contact for training in other areas.

Traditions doesn't involve anything written; you're assigned a date and time for it along with a large group of other new Cast Members. It's interesting, informative, and not intimidating at all. I enjoyed it very much.

joanna71985

I'd like to know that also, incase I have extra time. Can you do this on the CP?

What is traditions class like? I mean, do you go with your roommates? Any work involved? Tests?

Not all roles need training. There are a lot of shifts on the EHH you can pick up that don't need training. I have done PAC shifts, there is other stuff available as well.

tinkerbell88

I liked it - but if you already know a LOT about Walt Disney and the company's history, you might not find it quite as interesting as I did. :lol: Still, as with most things in life, a great attitude going in makes it that much better.
What do they teach you or what do you learn? I know its basically oreintation so do you do any paperwork there?

Captain Hank

What do they teach you or what do you learn? I know its basically oreintation so do you do any paperwork there?
It's more of an orientation than a class. The main topics are the history of the Walt Disney Company, the Company's current holdings, basic guest service techniques and practices, an overview of the Walt Disney World resort and the legal policies of the Walt Disney Company. You'll also get your nametag and Cast ID. There wasn't much, if any, paperwork that I recall.

figmentmom

It's more of an orientation than a class. The main topics are the history of the Walt Disney Company, the Company's current holdings, basic guest service techniques and practices, an overview of the Walt Disney World resort and the legal policies of the Walt Disney Company. You'll also get your nametag and Cast ID. There wasn't much, if any, paperwork that I recall.

Well said. I don't recall doing any paperwork, either, other than filling out a United Way payroll deduction card (COMPLETELY optional, by the way!):lol:

tinkerbell88

Well said. I don't recall doing any paperwork, either, other than filling out a United Way payroll deduction card (COMPLETELY optional, by the way!):lol:
What is the united way payroll deduction card? How long does traditions last?And if there is time can you go to the parks becuase the site said you can start going to the parks as soon as you get your ID. Is this true?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom