Anyone know: Traditions?

Magicmyway

Original Poster
Hey Everyone! Does anyone know the regulations about re-training? I did the careerstart program Feb-Aug in 2006, and was in merchandise so I went through traditions and merchantainment. Then I stayed a seasonal castmember. I am going back for the collegeprogram May 23. Does anyone know if you have to redo traditions? Thanks!

Captain Hank

Two of the other people that went though the professional internship program with me had previously been CP's and had taken Traditions. They did not have to take it again, and just started their on-the-job training while the rest of us were in Traditions. I'm not sure how it works from CareerStart to CP, but I'd imagine it'd be similar.

bsummer

I did Spring Adv '05 and then Summer Alumni '06 and didn't have to retake traditions for the summer because there was less than a year from my last work day.

joanna71985

I did Spring Adv '05 and then Summer Alumni '06 and didn't have to retake traditions for the summer because there was less than a year from my last work day.

I was the same way. I did Spring 2005 (extending into the summer, leaving in Aug) and then did Fall Advantage 2006. I was so happy I didn't have to do Traditions again. I just went right into training.

schroder6452

I did Spring '04 and Summer '05 and didn't have to retake traditions since it was less than a year between them. Just made it by about 4 days.

tinkerbell88

I'm doing the career start program starting may 28th. What is traditions like and what goes on at traditions? Magicmyway you said you did merchandise. Thats what I'm doing when I go down there. Where did you work and was it hard, fun? What were the up and downs of doing merchandise?

joanna71985

I'm doing the career start program starting may 28th. What is traditions like and what goes on at traditions? Magicmyway you said you did merchandise. Thats what I'm doing when I go down there. Where did you work and was it hard, fun? What were the up and downs of doing merchandise?

Traditions is a class where you learn about the Traditions of Disney (hence, the name:D ). It is kind of long though- about 5 hours or so.

And I enjoyed merchandise. It was my first CP, and I found it pleasant enough. I worked in Fantasyland in the MK (though I also worked in Liberty Square, Adventureland, and Main Street). I mostly worked the registers, though I did stock from time to time. I mostly did not mind the hours (I liked getting to sleep in, or going to play in the parks before work. However, I did not like working the evening EMHs.

Magicmyway

Original Poster
Hey--first thanks everyone for the information!! Tinkerbell-- Merchandise is fun, the stocking for it is a drag especially in the Christmas shoppe. I was in Liberty Square so my costume was extremely hot (the colonial outfit) but its what you make it. The best time is in merchantainment (the merchandise training) you meet a lot of friends there. I worked in MK of course and my hours were generally in the evening (I worked 2 morning shifts) and I didnt get off work til generally 12:45- 1:00 am.

joanna71985

Hey--first thanks everyone for the information!! Tinkerbell-- Merchandise is fun, the stocking for it is a drag especially in the Christmas shoppe. I was in Liberty Square so my costume was extremely hot (the colonial outfit) but its what you make it. The best time is in merchantainment (the merchandise training) you meet a lot of friends there. I worked in MK of course and my hours were generally in the evening (I worked 2 morning shifts) and I didnt get off work til generally 12:45- 1:00 am.

Oh man, is it ever. And heavy too! I almost killed myself several times on the steps over that skirt.

Captain Hank

They were trying out an online version of merchantainment/MATRA training when I left in January.

tinkerbell88

I start may 28th. Is there anything I should keep in mind before I go down there. Oh does anyone know what kind of storage the apartments have?
About the job...I really want to work at the emporium in MK but who knows where I will be. My dad wants me to work at the poc shop. lol.

joanna71985

I start may 28th. Is there anything I should keep in mind before I go down there. Oh does anyone know what kind of storage the apartments have?
About the job...I really want to work at the emporium in MK but who knows where I will be. My dad wants me to work at the poc shop. lol.

The bedrooms have one dresser with 6 drawers. There is one nightstand each. And the closets are walk-in. Also, there is a little locker for valuables.

As for the POTC shop, I worked there a few times. And those costumes are HOT!! I could never work there all the time, in the summer.

If you do work at the Emporium, be prepared for leaving at 1-2 am regularly. Main Street is always the last at night to close, and even when you are closed there is counting the registers and stocking the shop for the next day.

tiggerlover55

I worked at the Emporium Spring 2006, and was usually a closer. Times ranged from 12am to 5am(depending on EMH,grad nites,etc.)

I was wondering since I am a campus rep and "employed" do I have to redo traditions?

joanna71985

I worked at the Emporium Spring 2006, and was usually a closer. Times ranged from 12am to 5am(depending on EMH,grad nites,etc.)

I was wondering since I am a campus rep and "employed" do I have to redo traditions?

When was the last time you worked? If it was less then a year, then no. But if you haven't worked in over a year, even with being a campus rep, I believe you may have to.

tinkerbell88

Is it hard working at the Emporium? It is the biggest store in MK so im sure its always busy. Thats always my families last stop before we leave MK. Its a really cool store and I hope to work there. What are the costumes like at the emporium?

joanna71985

Is it hard working at the Emporium? It is the biggest store in MK so im sure its always busy. Thats always my families last stop before we leave MK. Its a really cool store and I hope to work there. What are the costumes like at the emporium?

I don't know about hard, but I do know it is VERY busy (especially at night). The costumes are (for girls) a long skirt and a tan top.

nanna

The last time i worked at Disney was late august and the next time i work there will be early june. will i have to redo traditions? It will have been over a year since i last took it, but under a year since i last worked there.

joanna71985

The last time i worked at Disney was late august and the next time i work there will be early june. will i have to redo traditions? It will have been over a year since i last took it, but under a year since i last worked there.

I believe you don't if you have worked within a year. I did my first CP Spring 2005 (leaving in August 2005) and then did Fall Advantage 2006 (going back in May 2006). I didn't have to take Traditions again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom