Anyone Ever Get a FLA Resident AP Without a FLA ID?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You can use other documents and I was just wondering if anyone has ever gone this route? And if they had to jump through hoops to get it? I am going to be spending a lot of time in FLA this year and I do not want to get an ID cause it will void my PA ID. I have a checking account from down there with checks. It says you can use that.

Anyone else ever go this route?

rsoxguy

I have only used a driver's license, but I will give you a few helpful hints in order for you to convince them that you are a Floridian.

Tell them that you don't know how to use a voter's booth.
Tell them that you first went hunting for gators with your dad when you were twelve.
Tell them that anyone from New York is ironically a relative, and an invader at the same time.
Ask them if the Dolphins have conceded the season ahead of time in order to save us fans the trouble.
Use the phrase, "Boy, there sure are a lot of Northerners here today."
Don't complain about the heat, just behave as though you haven't stepped out of air conditioning for more than ten minutes at a time in the past twenty years.

I_heart_Tigger

I don't think it's actually checks that get it for you. You need mail from your bank sent to a Florida address as proof of your account. It's the mail and the Florida address that is the important part, not just opening the account.

That's my understanding but I could be wrong.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You can use other documents and I was just wondering if anyone has ever gone this route? And if they had to jump through hoops to get it? I am going to be spending a lot of time in FLA this year and I do not want to get an ID cause it will void my PA ID. I have a checking account from down there with checks. It says you can use that.

Anyone else ever go this route?
So....you want to get a Fla Resident AP without actually being a Fla resident? :eek:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Siiiiiigh...no I WILL be staying there for work quite often. 1 week per month at least. Even if I was trying to fake it...this would be the last place I would do it with how personal people would take it.

maxairmike

I've heard of people getting some kind of very basic Florida ID card that shouldn't void your other state license with nothing more than a hotel address. This was as recent as a few years ago. They had no trouble getting a Universal FL resident AP with that, so I would imagine getting a Disney resident AP wouldn't be a hassle either.

I_heart_Tigger

I have mailed bank statements and a directv bill as well!

I think that works. They just need to see the mailing address as a Florida one plus a photo ID. Before my friend became a US citizen and still had Cdn passport, drivers lic. etc she used her bank statement with her FLA address on it for her AP.

DBF John

From Disney's website

Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:
  • Valid Florida driver's license
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):
  • Monthly mortgage statement
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Utility bill
  • Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
  • Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not.

luv

Do remember that if you have stuff mailed to someone else's address under your name in an effort to fake residency that you are not only committing mail fraud yourself, but you are dragging your friend/relative into it, too. I don't know if it is breaking any kind of banking laws...I didn't want to find out!

Friend of mine wanted to do this. I had to turn her down. I'm not against people lying to get cheaper prices at WDW. I just don't want to break federal laws to help them.

I felt really badly about it. I was also a little perturbed about the having to feel badly. None of that was fair to me...IMO, of course.

sweetpee_1993

If you do opt for the FL id card (not license) check the current identification requirements to get it. Over the last few years there's been some changes. I had to sign a form, present residency documents, and bring identification documentation for Chandler in order for him to get his drivers license a few weeks back. It's more than I expected to have to bring but I'm glad I did my research ahead of time.

coachz

Siiiiiigh...no I WILL be staying there for work quite often. 1 week per month at least. Even if I was trying to fake it...this would be the last place I would do it with how personal people would take it.

MattC

Passport and bank statement. If you have the passport and the bank statement you mentioned goes to a FL address.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Do remember that if you have stuff mailed to someone else's address under your name in an effort to fake residency that you are not only committing mail fraud yourself, but you are dragging your friend/relative into it, too. I don't know if it is breaking any kind of banking laws...I didn't want to find out!

Friend of mine wanted to do this. I had to turn her down. I'm not against people lying to get cheaper prices at WDW. I just don't want to break federal laws to help them.

I felt really badly about it. I was also a little perturbed about the having to feel badly. None of that was fair to me...IMO, of course.

I def stated that I will be staying there monthly.

scpergj

Only times I've ativated ours my wife and I were both there with both kids, and she and I just used our drivers liscense. Never seen anyone activate theirs any other way, but from the post above it does look like you a bill and a bank statement should work. Maybe call Disney and ask?

luv

I def stated that I will be staying there monthly.
I don't know if visiting every month makes you a resident. I doubt it, but I don't know.

I don't care if you're committing fraud to score cheaper tickets or not. I really, truly don't care. That is your business and none of mine.

I just wanted to toss out the reminder that IF you're doing that, you're sucking someone else into it with you. Food for thought, that's all.

And on behalf of all FRs who want to help their friends out but dont want to break any number of laws (including federal laws) to do it...if they decide that they don't want to be a part of it, don't hold it against them.

I wish you luck with whatever it is you are (or are not, as the case may be) doing!

wilkeliza

This is a tricky question. Just because you will spend 1 week a month in Florida doesn't mean you are a Florida resident and Disney may question it. I see you said you get your bank statement sent to your Florida address and it appears that may be enough but I would bring another form of official mail as well. Anyone can have their bank statements sent anywhere. I'm a legal resident of Texas but since I just finished school in NYC my mailing address is in New York. Now in a few days I will be moving to Florida to work for Disney as an intern so I will change my mailing address to that address but I will still be a legal resident of Texas since when I am not in NYC or Florida I am at home in Texas. My voters registration is in Texas, my drivers license is from Texas, most of my mail goes to Texas and then all my family ties are in Texas. I won't have to claim residency in another state until I am done with my college program at Disney because I'm doing an internship there. Luckily I will be getting into the parks for free as a cast member so I don't have to worry about the Florida resident issue. I'm sure it might come up if I try to go to Universal or Sea World but I'll deal with it then.

It boils down to if they are using the legal taxation term of resident or just their terms for resident. I would believe this follows under their own rules and not necessarily legal terms as what is "resident" so just make sure you have as many supporting documents as you can.

JIMINYCR

Wether it works out for you or not , your'e so lucky to be in a position to be there on a monthly basis. SO JEALOUS of you. So how much free time in those one week periods will work allow you to enjoy Disney time? I'd think it would be interesting to experience the parks every month and get the feel of the differences each individual month brings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom