Anyone Else Unenthused About Jimmy Neutron?

Merlin0402

Original Poster
I posted this thread because I wanted to know if I was the only person a little apprehensive about Jimmy Neutron. If they are planning on keeping this ride there for a few years, which I'm assuming they are going to do, don't you think that it should be based on more recognizable characters? I mean really, how many people, outside of the young Nickelodeon audience, know who the Wild Thorneberries (sp?) are? Or better yet, Jimmy Neutron. The movie was a mild hit, so they gut a ride and create a new one around this new character? I don't know. I'm sure that it will end up being ok, but The Funtastic World of Hanna/Barbera will always be better just because everyone knew who those charcters were. Just my thoughts...

Testtrack321

Universal is aggresively appealing to kids, even if this means rides based on shows that'll probably dissapear in a few months and a movie that was so luke warm, a microwave wouldn't even warm it up.

And to prevent this form being posted, Spongebob Squarepants will get his own ride at the Paramount Parks (who also have a Nick area, so that removes the whole Universal is unique argument.....)

MKCustodial

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. I've said this once and I'll say it again: I'm very close on discarding Universal entirely from my travel plans. Ok, they got rid of Kong, Ghostbusters and Hanna-Barbera and messed with Beetlejuice (still haven't heard if the new one is good). Touch ET, Back to the Future, Jaws and Earthquake and I'm out, cause T2, the Blues Brothers and the Wild West Stunt Show are not enough to keep me coming back...

Justin St

The new Beetleguise show is very good , alot better then the old one. Even though universal is not the only park with nicktoon attraction doesn't mean it's not unigue, to tell you the truth I think the park has more of a Movie Magic feel to it then MGM. The attractions are also more entertaining

HMGhost13

i care none for jimmy neutron's new ride...infact i like the hanna barbara ride. since they removed ghostbusters and replaced it with (yawn) twister....gave me one less reason to visit USF...now that knog's gone i'd only go for BTTF, MIB, EQ and Jaws. Term is alright but not my fav. IOA has more to offer but nothing i'm truely missing.

my take on the new Beetle/GB show? i haven't seen it but i don't like the looks of it....the EGB's or Extreme Ghostbusters are a failed attempt at a more PC Ghostbusters cartoon. the pictures i saw had neither a female GB, wheel-chair bound GB...but the reg everyday GB. the tie in is a good idea but i care none for the lil show. give the GB's their due and give them their ride back. thank you.

Disneynutcase

First off, I could swear that the AOL/TimeWarner/Turner mergers from a few years back played into why it's not Hanna-Barbera anymore.

Second, Nickelodeon and Paramount are in a partnership, so having Nick stuff at Paramount parks actually makes sense.

Third, I don't get the Jimmy Neutron thing, although Nick just started an animated show based on the movie a few months back. From what I can tell, it isn't much of a hit though.

But...

You'd think that if they were going to add Nick stuff to the parks, then they'd go with the stuff thats been highly marketed that we all see everywhere--Blue's Clues, Dora The Explorer, Bob The Builder, or Rug Rats. I'll give SnongeBob his due (the show is pretty popular and merchandise has been out in stores of late), but the morning Nick Jr. shows are the characters most people (particularly kids) know.

And since Blue and Dora are already so interactive and game-like (always on quests to find things), wouldn't either of these made a nice cute attraction?

All I picture this Jimmy Neutron ride being is one long noisy kablooie-fest (with a bit of comedy) that only a handful of t.v. junkie kids are going to truly get. My kids watch more Disney Channel, PBS, or Cartoon Network stuff than Nick stuff.

But overall, I don't know too many kids 12 and under who don't know Blue (and Steve/Joe) and Dora (and Boots). And I don't think too many of them would balk at a ride based on these two characters. Can you tell those shows get watched a lot in my house?

I dont plan to ride this at all. You take out a motion simulator and put in......a MOTION SIMULATOR!!!! Please.... :brick:

I am looking forward to what will replace Kong. And I hope with all this attention being given to Universal that they dont forget about Islands. From the looks of things, HHN will return to Islands next year since there seems to be no plans for a new ride at Islands.

BigNorm

I don't know, I really liked the Jimmy Neutron movie and tv show, but you'd think that it'd be placed inside a Paramount Park instead of Universal.

WDWspider

Originally posted by BigNorm
I don't know, I really liked the Jimmy Neutron movie and tv show, but you'd think that it'd be placed inside a Paramount Park instead of Universal.

Well True, Carowinds is getting a Nick Central area for 2003 and possibly a SpongeBob Motion ride will be going to all Paramount parks next year -- that is pretty odd now that you mention it. But the Nick Studios is down at Universal.

blm07

Hmmm, I like some of the Universal rides, but I think that park has been the park I have gone to most (not always cuase I wanted to). So I am kinda bored of it, but I do like E.T., Kong, BTTF, MIB, and Twister. I don't really care about Jimmy Neutron. Spongebob Squarepants, well that ride I would like to see! Is there a website showing pics for that upcoming ride?

WDWspider

Originally posted by blm07
Hmmm, I like some of the Universal rides, but I think that park has been the park I have gone to most (not always cuase I wanted to). So I am kinda bored of it, but I do like E.T., Kong, BTTF, MIB, and Twister. I don't really care about Jimmy Neutron. Spongebob Squarepants, well that ride I would like to see! Is there a website showing pics for that upcoming ride?

Well, it has been confirmed by the Paramount Parks and the company in charge of development that a SpongeBob simulator attraction is coming to Carowinds, King's Island, Kings Dominion, and Canada Wonderland for next years season. Still odd since Spongebob is suppose to appear in the Jimmy Neutron attraction at Universal. Although I must say... I prefer a full length Spongebob adventure as opposed to the Universal concept.

I will post more info as and if I find it out.

HMGhost13

just to put my other .02 in. Kong is dead. bye bye. and twister is so foolish it makes the jimmy neutron ride sound brillant.

I agree. Twister is a joke. I have "ridden" that ride twice and both times I ask myself why did I do it. At least there is MIB! That ride keeps me busy for a while. :hammer:

blm07

I know Kong is gone, and Twister if you go on by yourself then its boring, but once I went on there when the whole audience was into it. It was fun there. I love how loud it is.

WDWFREAK53

I know Kong is gone, and Twister if you go on by yourself then its boring, but once I went on there when the whole audience was into it. It was fun there. I love how loud it is.

Umm...other than the flying cow...am I the only one that is impressed with the effects in Twister??? I think this is a great attraction...I must be completely outnumbered on this one...(although, I never got the chance to see the Ghostbusters attraction...maybe that's why)

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Umm...other than the flying cow...am I the only one that is impressed with the effects in Twister??? I think this is a great attraction...I must be completely outnumbered on this one...(although, I never got the chance to see the Ghostbusters attraction...maybe that's why)

No Ghostbusters was worse. I like Twister a lot too, it was my favorite on my last visit next to T2 (MiB wasn't there yet).

I think the effect is great and the cow adds that small bit of humor for the scared kids I think. I love it, I even bought a Keychain.

MKCustodial

Well, I haven't been to Twister nor to MiB, but I LOVED Ghostbusters. The original one, mind you, the other one with Louis was kinda cheesy...

HMGhost13

i find the ghosts mechanics used in Ghostbusters more believable than the twister in Twister. it was half of my body (both in length from right to left) and you're telling me it moved a pickup?!?! i don't think so.

WDWspider

Originally posted by HMGhost13
i find the ghosts mechanics used in Ghostbusters more believable than the twister in Twister. it was half of my body (both in length from right to left) and you're telling me it moved a pickup?!?! i don't think so.

Hmmmm... I'm beginning to worry... it's a movie studio attraction, you want them to make a real twister and kill everyone just for effect. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom