Anyone Else Unenthused About Jimmy Neutron?

BigNorm

Originally posted by spider-man
Well True, Carowinds is getting a Nick Central area for 2003 and possibly a SpongeBob Motion ride will be going to all Paramount parks next year -- that is pretty odd now that you mention it. But the Nick Studios [are] at Universal.

I thought Nick was closing their studios @ Universal???

HMGhost13

Originally posted by spider-man
Hmmmm... I'm beginning to worry... it's a movie studio attraction, you want them to make a real twister and kill everyone just for effect. :lol:

no but i would like to see the proprtions right. if you're gonna do a twister and make it move a picup then make the pickup smaller.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by MKCustodial
I'm very close on discarding Universal entirely from my travel plans. Ok, they got rid of Kong, Ghostbusters and Hanna-Barbera and messed with Beetlejuice (still haven't heard if the new one is good). Touch ET, Back to the Future, Jaws and Earthquake and I'm out, cause T2, the Blues Brothers and the Wild West Stunt Show are not enough to keep me coming back...
You can't say fairer than that, in fact they might well rename it Universal Studios Unattration Park

WDWspider

Originally posted by blm07
Spongebob Squarepants, well that ride I would like to see! Is there a website showing pics for that upcoming ride?

A picture of a possible Sign and a better description of the motion ride (which is in 3-D) can now be found here! :)

Brooke

it doesn't sound that amazing but i'm not going to judge it before i ride it. but i think that they needed a new attraction there--hanna barbera was outdated. (OMG you can do cartoons with COMPUTERS??!! WOWWWW!!!!) :rolleyes: im more excited to see the shrek attraction though, i think that is gonna be cute. (since i loved the movie)

MKCustodial

I don't care if Jimmy Neutron is the most inovative ride ever, I'm not gonna give it the time of my day. Hanna-Barbera's characters are timeless, Neutron is a fling... :hurl:

Legacy

From what I gather with the Jimmy Neutron ride is that it will play out just like the Hanna Barbara attraction did, only having Neutron as your pilot, and you go through Bikini Bottom with SpongeBob and the place where the RugRats live. The thing is is that this ride is made to have the kids drag their parents on with them. The Hanna Barbara characters are timeless... to US, but the younger generation simply recognizes them, rather then love them.

And HHN IS at Islands again next year... and I know the character and the theme behind the event!!!! :D

:zipit:

MKCustodial

The thing is is that this ride is made to have the kids drag their parents on with them. The Hanna Barbara characters are timeless... to US, but the younger generation simply recognizes them, rather then love them.[/B]

I agree, it's an attraction for kids to DRAG their parents, while for Hanna-Barbera most parents would waltz right in happily.

AndyMagic

I agree, it's an attraction for kids to DRAG their parents, while for Hanna-Barbera most parents would waltz right in happily.
Just face it. Hanna-Barbera is old news and kids could care less about those characters. Out with the old and in with the new. Just because something was good 10 years ago doesn't make it good today. :brick:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Just face it. Hanna-Barbera is old news and kids could care less about those characters. Out with the old and in with the new. Just because something was good 10 years ago doesn't make it good today. :brick:

Sorry, I just don't think so. Every time a new cartoon comes around, I give it a shot. And of all those Nick toons, the only good one is Rugrats. I don't know about the US, but down here, kids watch more Cartoon Network's animes than Nick. And since CN lost its purpose, they created Boomerang, which is an oasis in cable TV.
Now, back to subject. Maybe Jimmy Neutron is "in with the new" like you say. I say 5 years after it opens, minimum, Universal will be changing it again to something else. And Hanna-Barbera was around for a good 12 years, give or take a month. They only got rid of it because of copyright issues, not because it was a poor attraction. And as I said before, if Universal doesn't care about the family concept, fine. But I seriously doubt parents will be taking their kids to Jimmy Neutron like they did to Hanna-Barbera. They'll probably put them on line and wait outside till it's over.

cymbaldiva

Sorry, I just don't think so. Every time a new cartoon comes around, I give it a shot. And of all those Nick toons, the only good one is Rugrats. I don't know about the US, but down here, kids watch more Cartoon Network's animes than Nick. And since CN lost its purpose, they created Boomerang, which is an oasis in cable TV.
Now, back to subject. Maybe Jimmy Neutron is "in with the new" like you say. I say 5 years after it opens, minimum, Universal will be changing it again to something else. And Hanna-Barbera was around for a good 12 years, give or take a month. They only got rid of it because of copyright issues, not because it was a poor attraction. And as I said before, if Universal doesn't care about the family concept, fine. But I seriously doubt parents will be taking their kids to Jimmy Neutron like they did to Hanna-Barbera. They'll probably put them on line and wait outside till it's over.

Quite well said!

blm07

Well it looks like this Jimmy Neutron ride will be for alot of Nicktoons, and not just him. The temporary fence is up with pictures of the other Nicktoons. And Spongebob was there too! Maybe this won't be all bad.

WDWspider

Well it looks like this Jimmy Neutron ride will be for alot of Nicktoons, and not just him. The temporary fence is up with pictures of the other Nicktoons. And Spongebob was there too! Maybe this won't be all bad.

I kinda agree... I think Jimmy Neutron is there for a couple of reasons....

1) He started out as a space filler on Nick (mini segments between comercials -- a gag spot sorta)

2) He should mainly be the "inventor" that leads us on our journey through other "more popular" Nick cartoons. (he's basically the main character name cause he's the only one capable of pulling the adventure off I think)

3) Maybe sense he is CGI, we will see all the other characters in CGI. CGI makes a very clean and clear Screen translation, and I would enjoy to see SpongeBob and some others in CGI (remember the Simpsons episode with Homer)

On a side note...

I think that although Hanna Barbera is classic, I do feel it is dated material and something new was needed... just like replacing Hitchcock. The few Hanna Barbera characters that are still doing well have sorta split into their own things (look at Scooby Doo and the Flintstones). Plus with Nick Studios next door, I think it's nice to have a little more interactive attractions at the park.

Brett

Blashepmy!! The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera was one of the three reasons I would still (maybe) go over to Universal Studios. Islands of Adventures blows the park away, and with the high ticket pricing, there is absolutely no reason outside Men in Black and Back to the Future to attempt to go. Not saying Jimmy Neutron will be bad, but it won't have the same pizzaz that Hanna-Barbera did.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Brett
Blashepmy!! The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera was one of the three reasons I would still (maybe) go over to Universal Studios. Islands of Adventures blows the park away, and with the high ticket pricing, there is absolutely no reason outside Men in Black and Back to the Future to attempt to go. Not saying Jimmy Neutron will be bad, but it won't have the same pizzaz that Hanna-Barbera did.

:animwink: I hear you and can sympathize.

I like T2: 3D a lot also though... and ET is fun.

But I strongly agree that IoA blows Universal out of the water... I hope the Mummy ride and Shrek are great.

blm07

I always thought that they did real good on the themeing of E.T. I think the queue is good (fun becuase its a dark night in a forest inside of a building) and the ride itself is also fun. BTTF is ok, just if you are in the back and hit your head, you will get a bad headache. T2: 3D always gives me chills, and the whole thing is pulled off nicely, they should just update some of the videos in the queue and preshow becuase it looks like they are bad quality. As for Jimmy Neutron, the show isnt that bad, but I don't really care for it, but its probably gonna be a fun ride if it has all the Nicktoons.

cymbaldiva

Oh I have to totally agree about the que area for E.T. - it's awesome!

The one for M.I.B. doesn't exactly s*** either - it is really just like walking inside the movie! :)

MKCustodial

Oh shoot, I forgot about MIB - that is themed pretty good! Kong's themeing was also really good.

Yeah, something really has got to be said, Universal always knew how to theme an attraction. ET, Kong, BTTF... Let's see what they have in store now... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom