Anyone else still like DCA?

DisneyDean97

DCA was on its way to really becoming a great second gate... then they changed Soarin', and every change since as taken the park backwards. The Grizzly area is beautiful and obviously Carsland is the standout, but the park needs one more "world class" land, my hopes were high for a Marvel themed land... but once I saw the concept art and the plans, my expectations were low. The Avengers E-Ticket should help, I just hope it isn't a simulator. DCA needs a really good dark ride, its lacking an E-Ticket dark ride.

Suspirian

Same, but I still want the Avengers E ASAP.
I feel like a Hollywoodland update and an Avengers E Ticket could happen concurrently. At least I hope!

I will say im not sure what will end up going in Hollywood land that will fit the theme considering MMRR is in toontown now. I kinda fear that they’ll just make it modern Hollywood and essentially create a mini DHS there.

Animaniac93-98

I feel like a Hollywoodland update and an Avengers E Ticket could happen concurrently. At least I hope!

I will say im not sure what will end up going in Hollywood land that will fit the theme considering MMRR is in toontown now. I kinda fear that they’ll just make it modern Hollywood and essentially create a mini DHS there.

I would keep Hollywood blvd the same and finish the Hyperion exterior like was once planned.

The "backlot" area could become Monstropolis with the door coaster and a better version of Laugh Floor replacing PhilharMagic.

Suspirian

Hollywood Land really must either be re-designed or destroyed. Easily the worst area of the park.
I wouldn’t mind it being destroyed at all tbh.

I would keep Hollywood blvd the same and finish the Hyperion exterior like was once planned.

The "backlot" area could become Monstropolis with the door coaster and a better version of Laugh Floor replacing PhilharMagic.
That would be nice and could even include odes to 1950’s monster movies as a segway.

mickEblu

My problem with Hollywoodland is specifically the backlot. Hollywood Blvd is Ok and at least is a smooth transition from Buena Vista St as is Grizzly Peak Airfield. Purely coincidental (because I’m sure modern Disney has no issue plopping down Zootopia next to Carthay circle) but at least the single IP lands are further out from the entrance of the park.

Californian Elitist

My problem with Hollywoodland is specifically the backlot. Hollywood Blvd is Ok and at least is a smooth transition from Buena Vista St as is Grizzly Peak Airfield. Purely coincidental (because I’m sure modern Disney has no issue plopping down Zootopia next to Carthay circle) but at least the single IP lands are further out from the entrance of the park.
Agreed, it’s the fake backlot that’s the absolute worst.

Little Green Men

There's still plenty of stucco left over. Just walking from the right of Runaway Railway to Toy Story Land seems like an afterthought. Echo Lake also seemed very odd to me as well. But I do like Sunset Boulevard walking toward ToT. I'm also still glad the original ToT is still its original theme. I prefer this version and glad its still its original glory.

I have to say overall I prefer the overall appeal and atmosphere of DCA over DHS. DCA still has many flaws that need addressing. But to be honest, I believe DHS has many more problems to overcome, including attraction count. Just like DCA (and even AK) DHS is also a half day park, IMO. If someone gave me a choice between DCA or DHS, I'd choose DCA. (But since I mentioned AK, I'd rather choose AK out of these three.)
That’s true I forgot about that area! I don’t think DHS has much more stucco left than hollywood land at DCA though. The park needs more rides no doubt, even though a lot of DCA ride count is helped by flat rides DHS could use a few of them.

Brer Panther

i dont get the hate for pixar pier...i love that area! its so vibrant at night and has got so much kinetic energy to it, a really great coaster (regardless of theming), tsmm, a bunch of smaller midway style games/food/stuff, a great ferris wheel (is there a ferris wheel in any other disney park?) a really great nighttime show, a solid darkride with little mermaid and some good food. goofy sky school is weak though i will say that. But overall I love the entire vibe of that land, a classic and timeless old style amusement park on a pier....seems very cool and california-ish to me.

I did prefer the og california screamin' theme to the incredicoaster retheme but overall dont mind the pixar ip theming that everyone else seems to hate lol.
Technically, the Little Mermaid ride and Goofy's Sky School aren't part of PIXAR Pier. They're in "Paradise Gardens" or whatever now.
That doesn't even get into changing Muppets to the Philharmagic
Well, at least Philharmagic is an improvement over the Frozen sing-along and movie previews.
I always wished WDW would take advantage of the popularity of MI, and put in a good dark ride.
I still think they should turn Animation Courtyard at Hollywood Studios into Monstropolis.

Rich T

i dont get the hate for pixar pier...i love that area! its so vibrant at night and has got so much kinetic energy to it, a really great coaster (regardless of theming), tsmm, a bunch of smaller midway style games/food/stuff, a great ferris wheel (is there a ferris wheel in any other disney park?) a really great nighttime show, a solid darkride with little mermaid and some good food. goofy sky school is weak though i will say that. But overall I love the entire vibe of that land, a classic and timeless old style amusement park on a pier....seems very cool and california-ish to me.

I did prefer the og california screamin' theme to the incredicoaster retheme but overall dont mind the pixar ip theming that everyone else seems to hate lol.
It was better before the ill-conceived Pixar makeover. In fact, it was heading in a great direction with the Classic Mickey theming... and then they dropped the whole concept and came up with one of the laziest and most half-baked overlays in the company’s history. Now California Screamin’ is cursed with obnoxious nonstop audio chatter, the Yeti’s hawking his yellow-snow cones (now, that’s class) and, of course there’s the Pixar Pal Around starring Mickey Mouse. It’s like the makeover was designed by Iger on the back of a Kleenex he’d just sneezed into.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I have a hunch that guests (especially locals) would absolutely eat up lands and attractions celebrating the history and cultures of California's Asian-American and Latino populations. Ideally, such environments could replace the worthless Hollywood and Paradise Gardens areas, refocus the park toward celebrating California, and (given the IP mandate of the Iger/Chapek era) offer much-needed high-quality family-oriented attractions based on recent properties like Coco or Raya and the Last Dragon. From a cynical perspective, just imagine the potential food and merch sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom