Anyone else still like DCA?

Runbevo83

I think it's a nice park. A little less trafficked that DL but enjoyable nonetheless. Cars Land is a blast and hope they bring it to Florida at some point. Tweak the rides a bit but the theming is great. I do wish they'd get on the same schedule as MK with events though. I've been debating on Boo Bash v Oogie Boogie and still no news on OB while BB is already on sale. That part does suck.

PostScott

Even though it's not objectively as good as DL, I always find myself spending more time in DCA. Not sure why...

Going from Disneyland to DCA is like going from the 1977 Star Wars to Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Hey Solo isn't that bad. Apart from the Maul cameo, it's the only star wars movie (not rogue one though, it's so slow and paced poorly) that tries something different with the franchise. It's not a convoluted plot that delves into the force and lightsabers and death stars. It's just two partners trying to steal some stuff to make a guy happy and not die, with surprisingly good music and well executive action scenes. Plus it has a good fake-out/ twist near the end. Even though there are better star wars movies, I'd say Solo is the most fun you'll have watching a SW movie (apart from 5 or laughing so hard at 1/2).

CaptinEO

Even though it's not objectively as good as DL, I always find myself spending more time in DCA. Not sure why...

Hey Solo isn't that bad. Apart from the Maul cameo, it's the only star wars movie (not rogue one though, it's so slow and paced poorly) that tries something different with the franchise. It's not a convoluted plot that delves into the force and lightsabers and death stars. It's just two partners trying to steal some stuff to make a guy happy and not die, with surprisingly good music and well executive action scenes. Plus it has a good fake-out/ twist near the end. Even though there are better star wars movies, I'd say Solo is the most fun you'll have watching a SW movie (apart from 5 or laughing so hard at 1/2).
Solo is a bad movie especially when compared to Star Wars (1977).

ToTBellHop

I think DCA is a fantastic theme park, but nothing can measure up to Disneyland. I think it is still the best non-castle Disney park in America.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

"MAKE DCA GREAT AGAIN!"
1623729008894.png

October82

I have a hunch that guests (especially locals) would absolutely eat up lands and attractions celebrating the history and cultures of California's Asian-American and Latino populations. Ideally, such environments could replace the worthless Hollywood and Paradise Gardens areas, refocus the park toward celebrating California, and (given the IP mandate of the Iger/Chapek era) offer much-needed high-quality family-oriented attractions based on recent properties like Coco or Raya and the Last Dragon. From a cynical perspective, just imagine the potential food and merch sales.

A land dedicated to California's latino culture where Avengers Campus now is would have made a surprisingly natural transition from Cars Land to Hollywoodland, with Tower of Terror's Spanish revival/Art Deco architecture fitting into both areas. A Coco E-ticket boat ride on the Cars Land/Avengers Campus expansion pad would have been far more compelling than anything proposed for Avengers Campus.

The park has always needed a more substantial take on the Bay Area, which would have made a great deal of sense as a locale for celebrating Asian-American culture in the park. The location of the Little Mermaid seems very odd after the switchover to Pixar Pier, but how you find room for a proper land on that side of the park seems like a real challenge.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
A land dedicated to California's latino culture where Avengers Campus now is would have made a surprisingly natural transition from Cars Land to Hollywoodland, with Tower of Terror's Spanish revival/Art Deco architecture fitting into both areas. A Coco E-ticket boat ride on the Cars Land/Avengers Campus expansion pad would have been far more compelling than anything proposed for Avengers Campus.

The park has always needed a more substantial take on the Bay Area, which would have made a great deal of sense as a locale for celebrating Asian-American culture in the park. The location of the Little Mermaid seems very odd after the switchover to Pixar Pier, but how you find room for a proper land on that side of the park seems like a real challenge.

Come on, we don't do original, good ideas that make total sense here anymore. Avenger Campus make money printer go brrrr.

DavidDL

Living in San Diego, I was actually just thinking about how a Coco/area dedicated to Latino culture would be a perfect fit for a park like DCA over the weekend. Knotts has Fiesta Village, Disney could have taken that sort of concept, done it much better and anchored it with an IP to please the Bobs, all in one go. DCA being a park that stays in-theme, celebrating the Golden State and those who live here and being filled with IP don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

There is a way to do both and do them both really well.

Robbiem

Living in San Diego, I was actually just thinking about how a Coco/area dedicated to Latino culture would be a perfect fit for a park like DCA over the weekend. Knotts has Fiesta Village, Disney could have taken that sort of concept, done it much better and anchored it with an IP to please the Bobs, all in one go. DCA being a park that stays in-theme, celebrating the Golden State and those who live here and being filled with IP don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

There is a way to do both and do them both really well.
That would be a great idea for DCA. A latino area celebrating old and modern latino California would be a really good fit for the park IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom