Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

Disneydreamer23

Those were there country houses they have houses in Disney land too. AS Some one told me! Correct me if I am wrong about this! But yes I am sad I liked sitting on minnies furiture!

WDWGoof07

First of all, I think he does deserve his own dwelling. And second of all, if he wasn't IN his house, he certainly was never far from it.
At no point in WDW or DL history has Mickey Mouse ever been homeless. You just couldn't always see his house. :animwink: As sad as I am to see the houses go, that is the way it shall be again, and I look forward to experiencing the new theater and Circusland in the future.

AEfx

I gotta say I am surprised at the love those houses are getting.

They were originally temporary structures, they always seemed kind of cheesy (no pun intended), and they really never felt a part of the MK to me. They also had horrible upkeep and maintainance - chunks of plaster missing here, unworking effects there, etc. I don't think anyone in maintainance had any love for the place either.

It took a lot of the "mystery" away as well. I know with the new "Toon" Disney stuff kids have Mickey Mouse on a regular TV show, but when I was growing up Mickey was very different. He was more like Santa, in terms of it's a lot easier to "believe" if you aren't faced with the reality - and to be honest I never thought, "Gee I wonder where Mickey sleeps at night".

I don't cheer them going, as obviously some were attached to them - but I certainly won't miss them (or Toontown in general) one bit. It was a temporary idea that just kept going because there was nothing better to put out there, and it happened to coincide with the extreme-Characterification of the parks. When I was growing up, seeing a character was a fun, random thing - not the whole point of going just so you can spend your vacation in line waiting for autographs.

I'm all for characters getting out there and making people happy, but it's been commodified so that I can't say I'll miss this land that was really devoted to nothing but.

Gracy_hm

Each time I ended up in Toon Town Fair I felt traped in a corner. TOO CONFINED. I don't mind other sweaty people around me but once I am in skin to armpit distance I have to escape that designated area. The place smelled like feet and was worn down and terrifying to me. I think that was the weakest area of MK. Love to all and I do respect your views just on't agree I do love this thead and can't wait to fastpass Mickey if he is talking if not Mickey will have to Fastpass me if he wants to say hello.

jt04

Can someone start a thread that reads as follows:

Anyone else happy Mickey+Minnie's houses are gone?

Heh :drevil:

Way to go TDO! :sohappy:

magicsintheair!

Mickey and Minnie's houses will be missed! However, the FLE is going to be worth it! I wish the houses could be saved because they really are lots of funn for the kids. Is Donald's Boat gone too? I remember it from when I was little.

PhilharMagician

The only things currently standing are the 2 tents along with the barn and loading building for Goofy's Barnstormer. The barn will probably go soon and it would not fit the new theme of Circusland. All of the other structures in Toon Town Fair are gone. There are some great overhead shots from Scott Keating on this site that show what is left of TTF.

mharrington

Each time I ended up in Toon Town Fair I felt traped in a corner. TOO CONFINED. I don't mind other sweaty people around me but once I am in skin to armpit distance I have to escape that designated area. The place smelled like feet and was worn down and terrifying to me. I think that was the weakest area of MK. Love to all and I do respect your views just on't agree I do love this thead and can't wait to fastpass Mickey if he is talking if not Mickey will have to Fastpass me if he wants to say hello.

I suppose you actually did dress up as Mickey?

Chezman1399

It was Mickey's Birthday Land my first trip to Disney World, it had something to do with the Disney Afternoon my next trip, Mickey's Starland I believe, all of which entertained me more than what's there now.

pppapazo

It was Mickey's Birthday Land my first trip to Disney World, it had something to do with the Disney Afternoon my next trip, Mickey's Starland I believe, all of which entertained me more than what's there now.

I remember loving the Disney Afternoon stage show. Was that what used to be in the tent that ended up housing the Toontown Hall of Fame?

britdaw

I'm really, really sad that Mickey's and Minnie's houses are being demolished. :( We've been talking about a trip to Disney for the past 5 years, and my 8-year-old daughter has always said she couldn't wait to go to Minnie's house. I know there's a LOT to make up for the fact that these places are going to be gone, but I feel kinda like Disney World is kinda forgetting their roots a little. There needs to be some sort of homage to the characters that started the Disney legacy, IMO.

belle119821

I'm definitely sad the houses are gone. When I first found out they had been *wince* demolished, I felt like I was going to faint. I've only been to Disney a few times, but every time we visited, my mother took a picture of me in both Mickey and Minnie's living rooms. I was lucky enough to go one last time, in April, and got a final picture. Though I was really sad they wouldn't be there any more, I'm really excited about the expansion. It seems like it will be an amazing addition and will create whole new reasons for me to go to Fantasyland. I was really sad about it, but now I want 2013 to hurry up and get here! :D

Each time I ended up in Toon Town Fair I felt traped in a corner. TOO CONFINED.
I totally agree! Even when I was little I felt trapped in that area. Hopefully the expansion will have plenty of room for lines and foot traffic. On my last visit, we rushed right into the house and took the picture as fast as possible, just so we could get out of the crazy crowd.

PurpleRose

So I made the mistake and broke the news to my four year old niece that she would not be able to ride Goofy's coaster on our trip in May. Boy was that a whole lot of crying. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom