Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

kymie

Original Poster
I am looking forward to the Fantasyland changes, but Im sad that Mickey and Minnie's houses are going (Im guessing demolished but dont know for sure). I always felt Toontown was lacking,but I think it would have been great to use this area for the Fab 5 (or Sensational 6) and really make something special for the mouse that started it all! This would have appealed to boys as much as girls. Maybe a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play area (and no nothing like the Pooh play area), somewhere for Donald and Daisy etc. It just feels to me like Mickey is being shoved in a corner somewhere for meet and greets to keep the crowd happy,but surely this is meant to be Mickeys Place? :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about it. I always enjoyed visiting them when we go to MK, and I enjoyed getting off the train at the ToonTown station. Hopefully they'll find a way to move the houses to another location....

lebeau

I am sad about this as well. Yes, Toontown never lived up to its potential. But I'll miss the houses because they were a glimpse into what the land could have been.

On our last trip, Minnie's house was a highlight for my three-year-old daughter. She had to be dragged out of the kicthen so others could bake the cake or make popcorn. On our trip this March, we'll be making a farewell tour of Minnie's house.

Figment632

Like you read my mind. ;)

Toon Town Spin, please....:D

Yes an nice little D-ticket to go along with the animation tour and the M&G's! They could also replace VOTLM with a Fab 5 stage show where there could be an animator on the stage. He starts to draw and the characters come to life to teach us about the animated world.

They should put all of this in the Narnia Building and the VOTLM building. Then kill BLT for future Pixar expansion.

tigsmom

I am looking forward to the Fantasyland changes, but Im sad that Mickey and Minnie's houses are going (Im guessing demolished but dont know for sure). I always felt Toontown was lacking,but I think it would have been great to use this area for the Fab 5 (or Sensational 6) and really make something special for the mouse that started it all! This would have appealed to boys as much as girls. Maybe a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play area (and no nothing like the Pooh play area), somewhere for Donald and Daisy etc. It just feels to me like Mickey is being shoved in a corner somewhere for meet and greets to keep the crowd happy,but surely this is meant to be Mickeys Place? :shrug:

In the original press release it was stated the houses would be moved to the front of the park. I remember WDW before ToonTown when it was just the MK and , IMHO, it's demise is no great loss. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Yes an nice little D-ticket to go along with the animation tour and the M&G's! They could also replace VOTLM with a Fab 5 stage show where there could be an animator on the stage. He starts to draw and the characters come to life to teach us about the animated world.

They should put all of this in the Narnia Building and the VOTLM building. Then kill BLT for future Pixar expansion.
Anything. :lol:
In the original press release it was stated the houses would be moved to the front of the park. I remember WDW before ToonTown when it was just the MK and , IMHO, it's demise is no great loss. :shrug:

No, just the characters. They will be on MSUSA "permanently", sans houses. :)

tigsmom

Anything. :lol:

No, just the characters. They will be on MSUSA "permanently", sans houses. :)

I'll have to look that up...

EDIT:
To accommodate the expansion, Disney will raze most of Mickey's Toontown Fair, the smallest of the Magic Kingdom's "lands." Gone will be both of the walk-through country houses where guests were guaranteed to meet Disney's most famous characters: Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Disney says Mickey and Minnie will get new homes near the front entrance of the park. The children's roller coaster, the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm, will remain, though it will be re-themed, likely with a circus overlay linking it to Dumbo.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...nd-disney-world-magic-kingdom,0,7274675.story

tigsmom

I took new homes to be just places where the characters were available for M+G, not new houses as such.

I think by homes, they mean a place where you can meet them. I wouldn't expect actual houses.

As for the OP, yes, I am. I actually wish Toontown was made an actual land in the expansion with rides, etc, rather than being demolished.

Thats quite possible :shrug:

imagineer boy

This is definately the part of the FL expansion I'm most bummed about. Sure TTF didn't live up to its potential like DL's version, but I have lots of memories of visiting Mickey's house. And I think its really stupid that it's being replaced by a land themed to the fairy franchise. That franchise will NOT be relevant in ten years time.

Figment632

This is definately the part of the FL expansion I'm most bummed about. Sure TTF didn't live up to its potential like DL's version, but I have lots of memories of visiting Mickey's house. And I think its really stupid that it's being replaced by a land themed to the fairy franchise. That franchise will NOT be relevant in ten years time.

I isn't right now!!! The franchise has been a huge dissapointment, while not a complete failure it is far from what was expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom