Anyone else have trouble fitting in the rides?

islesgirl

I am 5'9 and the shortest in my family, so I understand everyone's issues. My dad is 6'3 and has had knee replacement and other surgeries, so a lot of times it is tough for him to get into rides bc of the lack of legroom and the need of bending his knees all he way. He as never attempted Splash Mountain bc my brother is 6'4 and told him not to even bother bc of his knees.

But yea, Splash, Space and some of the boat rides are definitely an issue for the tall people of the world :)

Raychul

I have the opposite problem.

Since I am so short (5'1") most big roller coasters with the harnesses that come down over my shoulders hurt me a bit. Since I am so short, the harnesses don't fit over my shoulders well and my head doesn't come out the top like most peoples. So my ears usually get banged up pretty good. But I still have fun!

jonnyc

Since I am so short (5'1") most big roller coasters with the harnesses that come down over my shoulders hurt me a bit. Since I am so short, the harnesses don't fit over my shoulders well and my head doesn't come out the top like most peoples. So my ears usually get banged up pretty good. But I still have fun!

My sister had that problem on TOT when they had the old lap bar system, although she said it was more thrilling!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
My sister had that problem on TOT when they had the old lap bar system, although she said it was more thrilling!
I remember my first trip on ToT. My little 10(?) year old legs were twigs compared to the larger lady's in my row. I just about went flying.

blueboxdoctor

My boyfriend is 6'4" and has had problems fitting onto certain rides. We did Barnstormer as a joke a couple weeks ago - big mistake (guess I should have seen that coming, lol!). But yes, some of the "big kids" rides can cause issues for him.

Most notably (and I know I've mentioned this before) is DL's Space Mountain. A nightmare for people who are tall and not stick-skinny. I imagine the designers behind those ride vehicles were in the 5 ft height range. :)

no, that ride just is weird how they make you sit, cause i'm tall and "stick-skinny" :rolleyes: and it's just annoying + it's not that great a ride so i just skip it.
but i don't see how the rides are overly hard to get in and out of.

ttalovebug

This is my problem also! I'm a 5"0 female, and most roller coasters harnesses, including RNR's, just kill my tiny little head. My ears are always bright red when I come off a ride from all the banging back and forth. And I was very glad when they changed the lap bars at TOT- I always went flying, and it didn't feel too great on the stomach.

Hrudey3032

I am 6' 4" and fairly broad as well (210 lbs - most of it in my chest)

I tend to sit cross legged on most rides.

Sometimes I come off rides like BTMRR with bashed up knees because when you sit cross legged, you slide forward and back a bit more, but then my legs are so banged up from normal life I tend not to mind.

-dave

Dave I am just like you. I cross my legs alot and last time I rode BTMRR with someone I could hardly stand after the ride as my knees were mashed into the front of the cart and the pain was immense.

I also usually ride HM alone anymore so I can feel a little more at ease by sitting at a angle so my head isnt smooshed into the top of the buggy. I am 6-1 300+lbs and built like a tank so one the other things I do is usually try to wait and let others thru first for shows like HoP,AA,or Ellen's as can sit and sopread out a little better without feeling cramped or feel like i am crushing anyone next to me.

krueg66

Any of my fellow big people rode the Sum of All Thrills ride yet??? I wonder if I'll fit on that bad boy now that I am thinking about it???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom